1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD FX Sets Guinness Record for Clock Speed

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Sep 13, 2011.

1. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    It's more that you took it personal. Rant and rave about whatever PRODUCT you like, leave people and their opinions out of it. you even stated you understand why people are posting that they don't particularily care..it's not that they don't care about Bulldozer, it's that people want PERFORMANCE metrics, so they can relate what they see to their own personal uses.

We do have a verified AMD rep here, so I am fairly confident those opinions were stated so that AMD would see it. I mean, this event proly cost a pretty penny..potentially money that could ahve been spent better elsewhere.

I think it's cool, but am very upset it didn't happen to coincide with launch. The fact it's ES, too, has me raise a few questions, as we know that early samples didn't exactly function correctly...nor will the same chips be out in the "wild".

But, Guinness did verify it, it seems, so it's all good, just poorly executed. I've called myself ATI's #1 fanboy for years, and now, ATi no longer exists, but AMD does.

In the end, as someone said, nearly every site is talking about htis, so it's as effective as AMD wanted it to be...we're talking MORE about Bulldozer!

[H]@RD5TUFF says thanks.
  2. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Yep with all this talk and nothing but a supper over clock not much there really .

3. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    With all this "I want real world benchmarks so badly QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ"

"QQQQQQQQQ"

People are bashing because they dont have patience.

Of all the processors AMD has released, do you think this processor is going to be an absolute fail.

If you answer yes, im confused.

I think bulldozer might just rip a new asshole beyond any of your speculations. Just because.

"flame baby flame" "flame baby ffflllaaaammmeee"

+1,000,000,000,000. And thats what my first flame post was for, because after reading the entire thread, that's what it was. Even quoted what sounded like blatant fact posting and hard headed flame bate.

But hey Everybody's opinion counts (heavy heavy irony)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  4. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth New Member

Thanks Received:
    I see your point, but everybody here has bitched about wanting performance numbers for a long time, myself included. How long is it going to take people to realize that we won't get any until AMD decides to give us some? And when will people quit crapping on threads with points we've all heard, and made, a million times?

5. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I dunno. I think some may be disappointed, no matter what happens. Me, I'm gonna buy regardless, and this "event" didn't affect that decision one bit.

What I find really interesting is how people cannot just accept other's opinions without having to knock them as being wrong, when really, it's a bit foolish to think that way.

Perhaps, if AMD actually confirmed a release date, people would stop being so impatient. there's nobody to blame here for that but AMD themselves, given the mixed messages they have been giving the last year or so.

So, great, they can set a Guinness record, but not set a public release date?

Am i impatient?

YES!!! I wanted to be reviewing AM3+ boards, but refuse to do so with phenom-based chip, as I do not feel using such a chip will give an accurate representation of the AM3+ socket based on how my reviews are done.

You all are asking me to review AM3+ boards...ain't gonna happen until bulldozer is out. I'm dealing with the impatience, too. ;)

6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Can you run Crysis?

Easy Rhino and cadaveca say thanks.
  7. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Again, people think this record is irrelevent because they know clock speed is irrelevent. Why hasn't that record been broken since the days of Netburst? Because no one has cared to do it, because performance records are important not clock speed records.

If you want to break some records, do it on records that the world actually cares about. Break a PCMark record, break a SuperPi record, break a GFLOP record, break a 3DMark CPU score record. Break a record that actually matters.

What scares me is that when Intel was behind, the started touting clock speed and breaking speed records. Now AMD is doing it, that is not a good sign for them IMO.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah but AMD has been behind for so long I dont think its the same thing. Intel was more a knee jerk reaction IMO. Could be wrong.

Damn_Smooth says thanks.
  9. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nobody gives a shit about SuperPi. I would like it to break some of those other records though.

10. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    Lulz.. Nobody gives a hoot about ANY of those outside of benchers, which this place obviously has few people that understand what its about (information gathers via ad nauseum vomiting of 'fluff', and needs to be stable, and who cares it just broke a record that has stood on an architecture several years old). :p

Can someone just restrict my access to the Classies and news please? (joke)

ensabrenoir says thanks.
  11. ensabrenoir

ensabrenoir

Thanks Received:
    Wow never seen so much news and info that says........ nothing. Total fanboy when it comes to amd gpus but man this bull...dozer thing starting to rub me the wrong way:banghead:

12. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    lol I already brought that up once.

13. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    SuperPi can be a good indicator of single threaded performance. Plus, it's simple and quick to use. WPrime? Okay, it is multi threaded, however the CPU with the better single thread performance will still come out on top.

14. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Its no more important than max clockspeed is if we are going to question the ability of these chips with no reason. AMD has never done well with superpi and would be a stupid benchmark to show any form of initial AMD performance. It hasn't been a useful program since netburst days. The only way to show a good performance review is to do a full review. This isn't this is a good job AMD for setting a new WR. Its a good PR push for this product release.

15. trickson

Thanks Received:
    All we have is some BD chip over clocked to insane speed . Great job . How about some real news about you crap now AMD !

16. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Do GTFO plz

17. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:

I'll get right on that boss.;)

3volvedcombat says thanks.
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  18. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Can we lock this thread already ? We have had 7 pages of AMD trolls QQ'ing, and flaming people, for not having the same opinion as them.:nutkick:

/thread

19. trickson

Thanks Received:
    But this is news :slap: :laugh:

20. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I have read some good posts, and some others where people just flame on AMD for doing something. Now we know something.

1) We know it has higher IPC
    2) We know it has more cores.
    3) We know it clocks like a mother.

Beyond all that there was flaming, accusing AMD of lying, accusing chew* of being a faker, and general asshattery.

repman244 and TheMailMan78 say thanks.
  21. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Yes we some thing this is for sure . But more Fluff than any thing really . ;)

22. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    If you can't understand that a 8 core, with a 15-20% IPC improvement, and 1Ghz boost in speed compared to current offerings is a better deal for the majority of users than the Intel priced equivillant....... I dunno what to tell you, other than perhaps this isnt the thread you are looking for.

23. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Oh no don't get me wrong I can see all this and it is great . I just haven't seen any thing concrete as of yet . It may blow Intel away but this is all just pure speculation right now and I want more than that . I am getting nervous waiting for news to trickle out of AMD . It some times is just annoying .

24. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    According to you

1) saying meh is flaming
    2) being unimpressed is bashing
    3) pointing out there was no CPU-Z validation and saying your taking the 5ghz on air claim with no proof as hearsay is flaming and calling people a liar

According to me you and many others can't accept others having a view that is not your own. Just let it go, and quit playing the victim.

25. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I am sorry I am one of them too . :slap: