1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD increases performance of Trinity cores

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Super XP, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    daimonass says thanks.
  2. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Huh? It says there's a 25% increase in performance with the piledrivers cores vs Llano and a 50% overall increase in PC Mark, unless I am missing something from the article, none the less it's a nice increase.

3. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    LOL . I just love how they toss around all them numbers ! 20% , 25% , 50% !! WTH ? Screen shot or it didn't happen !

4. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    I feel Fusion is definitly AMDs future, FM2 should be the Budget thru Performance market. I mean if Piledriver has this kind of increase, i wonder what the next one will have. Piledriver may have very well been the back to the drawing board design.

5. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I can't believe that site spelled percent wrong.

And I concur that just telling us some numbers is nothing like showing use the actual, confirmable results. And I would like to know when we can see these improvements for the FX line. Q4 2012 sounds nice to me. :)

6. slyfox2151

slyfox2151

Thanks Received:
    Fixed :D

TheLaughingMan says thanks.
  7. dirtyferret

dirtyferret New Member

Thanks Received:
    AMD can say trinity and piledriver will make you coffee in the morning and do the laundry in the afternoon for all I care after the FX-BD fiasco. One minute they state their chips can compete with SB, the next minute they state they no longer can compete with SB....just launch a decent CPU chip which they haven't done since the athlon II and phenom II x4 almost four years ago.

8. Zen_

Zen_

Thanks Received:
    Interesting news...I really like the E-350 APU in my notebook and will probably buy a llano or trinity for my desktop. Just sucks that trinity is using a new socket.

9. claylomax

claylomax

Thanks Received:
  10. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    Words are relatively easy to spread.

I believe the comparison to BD is accurate here. We heard BD was going to compete with SB. We heard that a BD patch in Windows was going to increase performance by some appreciable amount. Whenever it came time to see these things in action we were denied.

I will be skeptical until actual numbers can be independently verified, but seeing them would do far more to put me at ease than hearing how awesome the could potentially be.

This aside, I'd like to see Trinity be a huge success. Intel is already channeling resources toward integrated graphics. Despite Intel having more resources, AMD is doing well simply by strapping a GPU to a CPU. Given that Nvidea and Intel will never partner up, AMD has quite the cash cow to milk. Hopefully they'll use that money to revise their CPU business, and deliver something that makes Intel look like they were asleep.... Hopefully...

11. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    intel have been asleep in gfx terms

nah nvidia went and pared up with ARM so im personally expecting something APU ish from project denver's love child about windows 8 time or a bit after, possibly 2013 given denvers focus on mobile first(wisely) and their is also an arm(performance) 64 bit chip on the cards which could pair with a MALI evolution for an interesting future in the computer world intel are and should be brickin , im v surprised they havent snatched a big name gfx vendor ie matrox PVR or something similar to buy in some more gfx grunt

5 Million points folded for TPU
  12. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the link to confirm what I already said I guess. :wtf:

percent = %

per cent = figure broken down to a unit based on 1 cent ($0.01)

You see when you put a "_" (space) in a written document, it is to let your reader know one word has ended and another one as started.

Hey, I am a terrible speller and I enjoy pointing out when this happens. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. :)

13. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Fud.