1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T has arrived :)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Melvis, May 25, 2010.

1. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    I have been in need to upgrade my old old Skt A system and looked into getting a basic AM3 system, but when i saw the X6 come out i just had to have it :laugh: So my new system went from a Single core Sempron 140 to the 1055T in about 2.4seconds when i saw it come out :eek:

The system was only going to be used for printing jobs out (Invoices, surfing the web) basic stuff for the business. But then i thought hmmm with this new CPU i can do all that and also use it for Trans-coding as i have Files i need to Transcode and my current Systems take 30mins+ to get the job done, but now :pimp:

This system is not for gaming on as you will soon find out, its all CPU power on this one.

Specs are;

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (Arrived)

Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H Motherboard (Arrived)

400W Corsair CX-400 Power Supply (Arrived)

Corsair Dominator 1600 2x1GB (Arrived)

WD Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS (Arrived)

WD 1TB Black (Still waiting for)

Coolermaster Elite 342 Black (Still waiting for)

Sony DVD Burner (Arrived)

Im excited for once because i now have a up to date system that i don't have to give to a customer :laugh: and going by my system specs on the side < mine are pretty old and is in need for something a bit newer don't you think? :)

Just thought id share :toast:
  2. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    A AMD 945 will convert an average 700MB AVI file in under 15mins, i wonder what a 6core would do it in? :D using ConvertX to DVD
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Nice job on the new system bro, you should notice a MASSIVE!!! performance, if it was me i would of gotten a 4GB kit instead of a 2gb kit, but wateva makes you happy:toast:
    Melvis says thanks.
  4. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    I would still get a simple Video Card for it even if it is for business like a 5570
  5. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    O yea thats true im going to see a very big increase in performance thats for sure :D and yes i wanted 4GB of ram, i realy did but the price they wanted for 4GB of 1600 Dominator low timings was just to much for me so i had to go with lesser ram and not as good timings. :ohwell:

Yea good chance i might later on, but for now ill stick with onboard as i dont realy need GPU power for what it will be used mainly for.