1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD puts image quality debate to bed

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by qubit, Dec 1, 2010.

1. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Hexus had an interview with AMD technical staff about this controversy and their answers seemed quite reasonable to me. I don't think AMD has done anything underhand. In particular, there's always the High Quality setting for a picture perfect, unoptimised mode. It sounds like this is the mode that should be used when benchmarking cards, especially against their competition nvidia, which should have the equivalent settings activated.

Full Hexus article

Please observe forum etiquette: this is one of those subjects that can make fanbois on all sides wave their handbags around, causing our moderators to swing into action with warnings and infractions all round and possibly shut down the thread.

Let's keep this one pleasant people and enjoy the discussion. :toast:

travva says thanks.
  2. travva

travva New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice article qubit. It's interesting to hear different sides to the story and the description the amd guy provided was believable to me.

qubit says thanks.
  3. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Funny, I've tried to make this adjustment on the slider appear, and have had no success. I call shens!!!

:nutkick:

4. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    These are just your typical optimizations both companies do, nothing really worth getting worked up about as long as they give you control over it. What is annoying though is how one or the other company always seems to develop a driver bug that only effects crysis for some reason right around a new card release. First instance I remember is in 8800 gt vs 3870 reviews, where I think nvidia disabled water reflections. It'd be nice if both of them knocked that shit off.