• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Radeon HD 6670 1 GB

System Name Negra5
Processor i5 6500
Motherboard ASUS Z170M-Plus
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3
Memory Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) PNY GTX-1070, XFX RX480
Storage Gigabyte 256GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD, WD 4TB HDD.
Display(s) SAMSUNG 32" FullHD
Case GAMING EAGLE WARRIOR CG-06R1
Audio Device(s) nVidia HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair GS800W 80 Plus Bronze
Mouse Cooler Master Devastator MS2k
Keyboard Cooler Master Devastator MB24
Software Windows 10 20H2
Benchmark Scores Pfft
right back to you: You know, you can stop mentioning no CUDA and PHYSX on all AMD graphics cards reviews

getting tired of seeing the same comments every time in reviews

Then perhaps you should stop putting no Cuda/PhysX support? i love your reviews i think they are the BEST in the whole internet, but come on... that is not a CON... you want cuda you get a nVidia, simple as that... dont take this personally but the others are RIGHT, maybe next review dont use physx/cuda as a con on AMD cards.

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10
Guys lay it off a bit...Every time a new high end card from either Nvidia or Ati rolls along, it comes with a "Review guide" the size of a small novel. It can include anything from "use only our latest alpha-beta super driver" to "remember to review this game using these settings". I wouldn't be surprised if "remember to mention CUDA/Physx" was in that list with big bold letters.

If you don't comply with it, you get cut off. If you get cut off not only is it harder to get your hands on the new tech, you also don't get access to the promotional events or get the interviews and the insights on the next big thing. You're shun off and there's nothing you can do about it because it's a cut-throat world out there.

Now, not only is W1z doing these reviews in his leisure time, but he's doing a bang of a job. I'm not saying you shouldn't criticize because good feedback is always a nice thing - but come on: keep it constrictive.

All i see is: "Whine, whine; stop dissing my lovely brand! Ati/Nvidia are so awesome. I don't care if product xwz doesn't support uvt - it still gives me a woody!"

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
If we want to tell W1z on what he "should/shouldn't have" then why not go to his wishlist... As you can see on the "wishlist" he's going to reamp his benches... If you want to go anal on it.. Read a few reviews.. Read his last March/April review on which it got people Fueling.. Now, what site goes threw all those benches, goes threw all those cards, just to review one card?

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
If you don't comply with it, you get cut off

i dont care about reviewer guides or similar bs .. which means that in addition to you guys, some manufacturers hate me too. check tpu how many samples i got directly from nvidia, also check the sample count from amd.

nvidia hasn't been doing much cuda/physx brainwash lately. i really think it is a point that should be mentioned in the reviews. as soon as we see decent opencl apps (there are none, i checked today, was hoping to find something for the new vga reviews) become as competitive as cuda that point will be gone. If physx loses importance for the gamers (it's on the best way to do that) then i won't mention it anymore either.

System Name Negra5
Processor i5 6500
Motherboard ASUS Z170M-Plus
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3
Memory Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) PNY GTX-1070, XFX RX480
Storage Gigabyte 256GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD, WD 4TB HDD.
Display(s) SAMSUNG 32" FullHD
Case GAMING EAGLE WARRIOR CG-06R1
Audio Device(s) nVidia HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair GS800W 80 Plus Bronze
Mouse Cooler Master Devastator MS2k
Keyboard Cooler Master Devastator MB24
Software Windows 10 20H2
Benchmark Scores Pfft
i dont care about reviewer guides or similar bs .. which means that in addition to you guys, some manufacturers hate me too. check tpu how many samples i got directly from nvidia, also check the sample count from amd.

nvidia hasn't been doing much cuda/physx brainwash lately. i really think it is a point that should be mentioned in the reviews. as soon as we see decent opencl apps (there are none, i checked today, was hoping to find something for the new vga reviews) become as competitive as cuda that point will be gone. If physx loses importance for the gamers (it's on the best way to do that) then i won't mention it anymore either.[/QUOT

At the end of the day is your site, so you do what you think is best.

As for whining no one is whining, i own 5 nVidia GPUs while i only own 2 AMD/ATi GPUs, but i do think AMD are not meant to have PhysX or CUDA, so this is why think this should not be considered a CON.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
As for whining no one is whining, i own 5 nVidia GPUs while i only own 2 AMD/ATi GPUs, but i do think AMD are not meant to have PhysX or CUDA, so this is why think this should not be considered a CON.

The reviews are meant for people that are looking to buy a card, and are comparing cards from both. So it is proper to include a feature that one has and the other lacks. It doesn't matter that AMD isn't bothering to developer a technology to compete with it, it is still something that someone buying this card would be missing out on, so it should be mentioned.

System Name Money Hole
Processor Core i7 970
Motherboard Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
Cooling Noctua UH-D14
Memory 2133Mhz 12GB (3x4GB) Mushkin 998991
Video Card(s) Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290X
Storage Samsung 1TB 850 Evo
Display(s) 3x Acer KG240A 144hz
Case CM HAF 932
Audio Device(s) ADI (onboard)
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Can't you feel the love.........tonight?

nvidia hasn't been doing much cuda/physx brainwash lately. i really think it is a point that should be mentioned in the reviews. as soon as we see decent opencl apps (there are none, i checked today, was hoping to find something for the new vga reviews) become as competitive as cuda that point will be gone. If physx loses importance for the gamers (it's on the best way to do that) then i won't mention it anymore either.

......and that's why W1z came up with GPUz as a catch 22. Hate W1z and get your stuff black marked on GPUz! :slap:

Haters :respect: :pimp: W1z

Oooooohhh snap! :D

System Name Dark Stealth
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M Gaming rev 1.0
Cooling Snowman, arctic p12 x2 fans
Memory 16x2 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Pro
Video Card(s) 3080 10gb
Storage 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 Crucial P3 Plus, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 4TB WD RED HDD
Display(s) HP Omen 34c (34" monitor 3440x1440 165Hz VA panel)
Case Zalman S2
Power Supply Corsair 750TX
Mouse Logitech pro superlight, mx mouse s3, Razer Basiliskx with battery
Keyboard Custom mechanical keyboard tm680
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores 70-80 fps 3440x1440 on cyberpunk 2077 max settings
Techpowerup is the only place where i see reviews in the net
So i must admit that W1z is number one for me

Last edited:

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
......and that's why W1z came up with GPUz as a catch 22. Hate W1z and get your stuff black marked on GPUz! :slap:

nah i dont do such childish things

Well for someone with an older dual Core OEM box with a good 300W PSU, to plug-and-play at what is a GTS250 512Mb level is pretty dang nice. Sure you won't get newer Dx11 titles, but perf/power leader and play most previous gen titles for nothing more that a $80 card final street price is good.

As to the whole "Not powerful enough for full HD resolutions" sure a miss-opportunity, but not a CON ... Because is there an Nvidia card that’s in the market, half-height and this low of power that can pull that off? I don't see a GT430 having that ability, does that newly released GT520 (wasn't mentioned) , or even the GT440 (oddly completely missing even though you did that one 2-1/2 months ago). While a GTS 450 might, it’s still not a card that most consider for actual HTPC duty. Face it, it’s just an attribute/feature that’s not yet a reality for cards at this level.

As to Cuda/PhysX: Cuda is a useful feature even at the lowest price point, but why even ding the AMD product on PhysX when heck even a GTS450 and below will have you compromising setting and resolutions just to get playable FpS. To me saying Nvidia offers PhysX at this level is a misnomer, and Nvidia should get the "CON" when specifications indicate it can do it, but not with any adeptness.

Wiz does good… just keep it real.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 945
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
Memory 6gb DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon HD6870
Storage Seagate 1tb
Display(s) Acer AL2216W
Case Generic
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Ultra LS-550
A review of a pair of these in Crossfire would be nice to see. Would two of these be faster than a HD6870?