• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Radeon HD 7790 CrossFire

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
i like cheap and cheerful it makes me happy. I drive a 22 year old Toyota Hilux which never misses a beat and having 2 previous owners doesnt make it bad or suspect.

HA!

But you see...that vehicle is made by Toyota, they have been making cars for decades, they are also japanese not Taiwanese or chinese. That Toyota is an end result of something that has been road tested over and over again for years to meet road safety standards and whatever rules and regulations of the nation that it will be up for sale at.

While Toyota may have plants in Taiwan or China it is still Japanese engineering (in a sense - but an engine is an engine)

Cheap PSUs dont follow these rules and regulations. They might have the QA sticker stuck on them but dont forget that business like that are there just to turn a profit and exploit people such as yourself who dont have a lot of money or know little about hardware.

the soldering jobs are usually half-assed. the circuitry they use inside to monitor and regulate voltages probably barely works and if it does it probably wont do it for long but you are lucky if it does.

that QA sticker is not worth the paper its printed on. I know for a fact that the people who make them only hook it up once to make sure it powers their computer up before taking it out and packing it into a retail box for the next victim who comes along.

Corsair, Thermaltake, Enermax, FSP, Antec, XFX, BeQuiet as well as other reputable brands, put their PSUs through lots of tests to make sure their products are meeting standards before they box and ship it to retailers.

Toyota = trusted brand
Unbranded/no name PSU = disaster waiting to happen.

You clearly dont understand what im on about. you cant compare a Toyota with an unbranded no name PSU.

If the toyota dies you have dealerships or garages with mechanics to fix it. You wont get that kind of support with an unbranded/no-name PSU first or second hand it doesnt matter, Its asking for trouble

::EDIT::

Not to dismiss the fact that with your hilux you are in insurance group 15-20 which aint cheap. you say you havent got any money to spare. Time to sell the car for something more cheaper perhaps?

Last edited:

oldDirty

Processor 3570K @ 4Ghz Air
Motherboard msi Z77-MPower
Cooling EKL Alpenföhn Matterhorn
Memory 2x 4Gb Gskill RipjawsX 1333 @ 1866
Video Card(s) HD7970 Crossfire HIS & Sapphire 1100/1700
Storage Plextor M5Pro 128Gb & HD103SJ
Display(s) Samsung 245B 24"
Case Lian Li B25F
Audio Device(s) Sony MDR-DS6500
Power Supply Enermax Modu 87+ 600w
Software Win7 x64
Why Skyrim needs to be crossfired? Skyrim cant go higher than 60fps.
WoW, cmon are you serious? Whats the need in this game for more than 30-40fps?
Its more interessting that this 300bucks Setup beats a GTX670 in some fps Games.
I just hope there will be more 2Gib Versions.

System Name Queen Bee
Processor 3570k @ 4.0GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte UD3 Z77
Cooling Water Loop by EK
Memory 8GB Corsair 1600 DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 Gaming WaterCooled
Storage 1x Western Digital 500GB Black 1x Intel 20GB 311 SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2420G
Case CoolTek W2
Power Supply Corsair 650Watt
Software Windows 7 Pro
It does, on the other hand, present an incremental upgrade path for gamers on a budget. They can spend $150 on a single card now and on another later, once it has, perhaps, even become cheaper

Uhh . . . I think there a few problems with this philosophy. Unless you upgrade within a year the ability to find such card gets more and more unlikely with time. Plus by time they can (or want to) a new series of cards (or 2) will be available, basically the same amount of money can buy you a Graphics Card with a significant performance increase. Well that is outside a year, or whenever said GPU is discontinued. Finally drivers I can not speak enough about my experiences with multi GPU solutions, I dislike being reliant on drivers and game engines. That said if you have $150 now (say for your birthday) and $150 later (say for Christmas) its a great way to stretch a budget.