1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Radeon High Ends and a Panasonic 50VT20 Issues

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ovidiutabla, Mar 28, 2013.

1. ovidiutabla

ovidiutabla

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys.

I experience something very interesting with high end graphics cards from AMD Radeon 5xxx series up to 7970, and only with high end graphics cards. Radeon 5450 for ex. doesn't have this problem.

I have the PC connected to a Panasonic Plasma 50VT20. This thing occurs only with the plasma. Same graphic card connected to a monitor or LED HDTV doesn't have this problem.

In BIOS, during POST, loading operating system, UNTIL the driver is fully loaded, the image shows that in the picture below:

Ideas suggestions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Geofrancis

Geofrancis

Thanks Received:
    the tv can't handle 640x480 properly at the refresh rate its running at. i have seen it with a few graphics cards usually on older flat screen tv's.

when it first comes on does the tv show the settings its running at ?

like "640x480 75Hz" or something

3. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    How are you connecting the computer to the TV; HDMI/DVI, VGA, Component? I have a Panasonic 42" Plasma and even at lower resolutions it muddles by.

Do other machines do this on the same TV? Can we rule out the PC real quick because I'm confident that this is the TV. Clearly the TV doesn't like something, maybe the refresh is too high for the tv at 640x480 or something like that.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  4. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  5. ovidiutabla

ovidiutabla

Thanks Received:
    The problems is the TV with high end AMD graphics cards. Some entry level GPU's doesn't present this issue. Only high end GPU's. AMD only.

Any solution?

PS: The same GPU's with another LED HDTV or PC Monitor, no problems.

6. Geofrancis

Geofrancis

Thanks Received:
    I take it that it only happens on the boot screen and bios? Just ignore it it's not going to cause any issues.

7. Rustler

Rustler New Member

Thanks Received:
    ovidiutable, did you ever fix this problem?

I had exactly the same issue using the built-in graphics of the AMD APU's on FM2+ board about a year ago while building a new media center PC for my Panasonic TV. The display was split in to 3 pieces in bios and in windows at any res. At the time I worked in a computer store so I had access to loads of parts for trouble shooting. I tried 3 APU's (A6, A8, and A10) 3 different brand and model mobos and different RAM. I also tried HDMI, DVI-HDMI and VGA cables. In the end I got sick of trying to figure it out so I pulled an old Pentium dual core system out of the junk cupboard, put a HD5450 in it and its worked fine on my Panasonic Plasma ever since.

8. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Necroing a post is a no no