1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Amd raid expert

Discussion in 'Storage' started by theoneandonlymrk, Feb 24, 2013.

1. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    I bought two Samsung 840ssds not the pro one and tried to raid them (0) but in use one of them keeps dropping out of raid I also have a revo2 in the system , I mention it because its also a raid 0 array .
    Has anyone had issues with raid expert or any advice, if setup using Microsofts os raid they work fine but don't hit max potential , all drivers and firms are upto date .
    They seemed fine each time initially but whilst restoring all my games it drops out, presently trying an os raid restore to check stability and all now at stock speeds
  2. Geofrancis

Geofrancis

Thanks Received:
    I would try different power and sata cables first.
  3. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    I've it as an os conflict in my head as its fine now its halfway through copying 350 gig onto them on a win7 os raid yet it would fail after ten mins and stalled my os raid to require a startup repair plus brand new cables in there already ty for reply tho :)
  4. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    is there anyway you can not use AMD raid drivers ?
    I had to use stock MS AHCI drivers because go figure, the AMD AHCI driver was garbage and wouldn't work right with my ssd.
  5. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    Wierd ive switched from bios raid to ahci amd driver and os built raid and alls well except for free driveimage xml taking ages to restore it 19 hrs hdd to 2x ssd wtf looks to be aaverageing 10 MB s wow not.