1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Recognized for Excellence in Public Relations

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Cristian_25H

Cristian_25H News Poster

Thanks Received:
    AMD today announced a double win at the International Public Relations Association's 2013 Golden World Awards. AMD was named winner in two categories for its PR campaign conceived for the launch of the AMD Radeon HD 7990 graphics card.

"These wins at the 2013 Golden World Awards underscore the AMD commitment to excellence in all aspects of business, from our technology products to our marketing and communications," said John Taylor, corporate vice president, Global Communications, AMD. "Just as AMD pioneers new possibilities in the realm of technology, we constantly innovate in the marketing and communications realm to more effectively and efficiently communicate with key stakeholders and the millions of people who use AMD products."

AMD Radeon HD 7990 graphics cards were launched in April 2013. As the world's fastest graphics card, this product represents AMD's pinnacle of achievement in providing top-of-the-industry graphics technology for gaming enthusiasts. Specific communications programs bringing this leadership and the attending benefits for enthusiasts to life were conceived and executed in the first half of 2013.

Recently, AMD also was shortlisted for four Golden Bridge Business and Innovation Awards and three PR News Platinum PR Awards for multiple marketing and PR campaigns. Earlier this year, AMD was recognized for innovative PR, social media and marketing at PR Daily's Digital PR and Social Media Awards.

The International Public Relations Association, based in London, UK, bestows awards upon companies and agencies across the globe for excellence in public relations. In its 21st year, the Golden World Awards recognizes the best public relations activities and campaigns across 30 categories.

2. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Good job AMD, now go and make some money instead of selling family silver.

3. adulaamin

adulaamin

Thanks Received:
    Congrats AMD. Now turn that good/excellent PR into more revenue! :)

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    nice start AMD then you have another homework: making stuff with better watt/performance ratio

5. Ferrum Master

Ferrum Master

Thanks Received:
    Hmm IMHO there are no problems there... considering the manufacturing process, they are actually doing wonders...

6. ensabrenoir

ensabrenoir

Thanks Received:
    ..........don't get it......Amd was always great at spinning straw into gold....verbally:laugh:

7. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    they just reach half way, now just go to their stuff
    AMD wont let their PR battle all alone without great stuff :D
    but i have to say its a nice starting point for AMD

8. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    They have come a long way with watt/performance in the FM2 platform, but not enough for the high end consumer.

9. Shihabyooo

Shihabyooo

Thanks Received:
    Well, at least people forgot about Bulldozer's release. :rolleyes: A well deserved award nevertheless.

10. xvi

xvi

Thanks Received:
    Just scale it up. Quad socket FM2, crossfire the four integrated cards. Done!

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    they are really good.
    they shipped me a copper cooler all the way from germany or somewhere since the aluminium one was incompetent. got it in 5days of filing RMA

12. shovenose

shovenose

Thanks Received:
    But their products suck so who cares how the customer service is!!! C'mon AMD, it's all about priorities.

13. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Just because they don't have a processor that has the raw performance of an Intel chip doesn't make their products "suck". Please... :rolleyes:

xvi, de.das.dude and theoneandonlymrk say thanks.
  14. shovenose

shovenose

Thanks Received:
    But there is no reason to buy them! At any given price point Intel product will use less power and be more efficient.

15. Assimilator

Assimilator

Thanks Received:
    I'll bet they'd much rather be recognized for excellence in microprocessor design.

shovenose says thanks.
  16. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    ... like Atoms? Is that what you're talking about? Seriously though, AMD do offer good bang for the buck. Not that great if all you do is running singlethreaded SuperPI, but generally (and especially with multithreaded workloads) AMD are pretty good.

17. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Intel just doesn't match their APU's.

18. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    I think three differnent console dev teams picking your kit for its power And efficiency(and value obv) is recognition enough in my eyes and anyway troll better,, they have as many industry firsts as intel and intel have been forced into many a cross licence with Amd, due to amd's designs being better:) x86-64 for eg.

Erockers right, on an enthusiast site where a fair few are trying for max clocks on every chip in there system is efficiency that valid a shout anyway

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    More than 25k PPD
  19. erocker

Thanks Received:
    If power and efficiency is something you care about... I don't. Sure Intel has it better by quite a bit, but in the overall picture power consumption is still low enough not to really care... Unless it's to make a point of an argument.

Let's also not forget that their integrated GPU is far superior to Intel's.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    theoneandonlymrk says thanks.
  20. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    comparing intel to AMD is often like comparing a rich spoilt brat to a homeless kid when you consider the amount they can spend.

21. HumanSmoke

HumanSmoke

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately, the same the same argument that AMD supporters point out regarding a "good enough" CPU performance also applies to the "good enough" integrated graphics in Intel chips for the majority of users - a majority who aren't intensive gamers.

Anyhow, nice coup for AMD garnering another important accolade. According to the "Stevie's" site, the awards were for "PR on a shoestring: AMD Radeon HD 7990 eBay Publicity Stunt" and "Launch of a new product-Inhouse" for the same.
    I wonder if we can expect a press release from Microsoft also, since their Surface tablet was also a winner.

22. jigar2speed

jigar2speed

Thanks Received:
    Can i bring in the OpenCL ? AMD APU smashes the best intel got when it comes to using programs that takes advantage of OpenCL.

Rightware basemarkk - https://twitter.com/amd_roy/status/370591098541858817/photo/1

Media Expresso (Video encoding) - http://www.bjorn3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/transcoding.jpg

Power consumption myth - http://www.bjorn3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/power2.jpg

23. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    ^ power consumption cannot be compared, as intel never tells the truth about TDP. they always use the RMS. where as AMD states the Max TDP, rounded off to a number based on the max over a particular batch of chips.

if AMDs consumed more power than intel, i dont think it would be possible for my chip to stay at room temps during menial tasks.

24. HumanSmoke

HumanSmoke

Thanks Received:
    Maybe you should pay closer attention to the Media Expresso [sic*] chart. Lower equals better.
    *BTW, it's not Media Expresso . Anyone who's actually used the software knows it is called MediaEspresso

25. erocker

Thanks Received:
    True enough! I love my APU for my HTPC though. In this regard I don't need the performance of an Intel CPU. Watching video and some light gaming (racing games seem to work well) goes great with the better GPU.

For my gaming PC... Yeah, I really enjoy having a 3770K. Either way, I'm pretty happy with the options in terms of CPUs/APU's. Sure it would be nice if AMD had better performance and lower power usage with their FX series, but really Intel isn't overpricing their stuff too badly if at all.