• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Selected by U.S. Government to Help Engineer and Shape the Future of HPC

IceCreamBarr

System Name Non Existent
Republic vs Democracy?

I thought the US was a Republic and not a Democracy? If that is the case, where on Earth did the US Gov't get the power to make any of these spending decisions? A Republic Gov't is not intended to spend any money except on defence (not offence like the US currently has) and on the upholding of rights.

The entire planet would be better off if the population of the US was reminded of the distinction between the 2 Gov't types, and to what extent they have strayed.

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
I thought the US was a Republic and not a Democracy? If that is the case, where on Earth did the US Gov't get the power to make any of these spending decisions? A Republic Gov't is not intended to spend any money except on defence (not offence like the US currently has) and on the upholding of rights.

The entire planet would be better off if the population of the US was reminded of the distinction between the 2 Gov't types, and to what extent they have strayed.

Politics is a fuzzy zone defined by M O N E Y...adjectives have little meaning

Processor Intel i7-10700K @ 5.1 All-Core
Motherboard Asus Z490 Prime-A
Cooling Custom Loop Dual DDC 360+280mm rads aquacomputer cpu and gpu blocks
Memory 32gb DDR4 3600mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080
Storage 1tb A-Data M.2 nvme, 2x 512gb Samsung 860 Evo's.
Display(s) 2x Acer 27" 1440p IPS 144mhz displays.
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G3 850w
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Logitech g710+
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Over 100,000 in 3dmark2001.
The only way that will happen is civil war..
I'm down ^^..

Luckily the founding fathers were as brilliant as they were in having the foresight to include that one very simple, clear, and powerful right of the people. The right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. Thank god for the 2nd Amendment. :)

It's only a matter of time with how horribly they have been running our country..
Makes me pissed to be an American lately..
I hate saying that but I am disgusted at our politicans and what they have done to us..

I agree completely. And both parties are to blame. During Bush's 8 years, he and all those idiots in congress added $4.8 trillion to the national debt. A good portion of that was a direct result of September 11, 2001 and a very long war. The largest budget deficit during Bush's two terms was around $600 billion.

What I find amazing is Obama's spending. He campaigned on cutting the entire national debt in half by the end of his first term... but instead, he went on the largest spending spree in human history. In only 3 years, not to be out done, Obama blew right past the $5 trillion mark and keeps on spending. In less than 4 years, he's added over $6 trillion.

I thought the $600 billion deficit was bad but big spender Obama is pulling $1.4-$1.7 trillion in debt each year.

We can't pay teachers salary or get new books,

And the reason why this is happening is because of massive government beaurocracy called the Department of Education and decades of corrupt labor and pension agreements between teachers unions and the politicians who they put in office. Nobody cared about being ethical because the politicians kept getting re-elected, the generous benefits paid for by taxpayers kept going out, and in return.... the unions make big political contributions. And it wouldn't be till years later when they've all retired when the whole thing would come crashing down. Screwing the taxpayer and children in public school.

but we can always spend millions on military BS.. yes it is BS.. It's been BS for 10 years now. the military is overinflated and is a liability at this point. It is not an asset.. It is sucking this country dry.. :banghead:

You really don't bother with the facts do you? Defense was 16% of the budget in 2000. Two wars and 8 years later when Bush left office, it was 19.4%. In 2011, defense was 20.8% of the Federal Budget even though we've left Iraq completely and we're on our way out of afghanistan.

In contrast... since 2008, "entitlement spending" (welfare, foodstamps, social security, medicare, medicade, etc) rose from 41% of GDP to a whopping 56%.

zzz....