1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Slips in Radeon HD 6770 and HD 6750 for OEMs

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jan 20, 2011.

1. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    These are only sold in desktops?
    well that sucks.
  2. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    You mean prebuilds? It says they are OEM only for now.
  3. bear jesus

bear jesus New Member

Thanks Received:
    If it's an OEM only thing i don't think it's so bad, i don't agree with large amounts of re branding but with the next generation coming out this year there is hardly any point in making new low end products on the same process and more so as the 6xxx cards all seam to run hotter and use more power so hardly fitting for low end cards.

I think Nvidia was smart having disabled parts of pretty much all fermi 4xx cards as it left them more room for improvement on the 5xx cards

I would be happier with this if they bumped the core and memory speeds so there was some kind of improvement apart from HDMI 1.4a although i do think this is mainly about OEM's not getting anything truly new in the lower end until the 7xxx cards and I'm sure they need to be able to say things like "featuring the brand new high powered AMD 6770 graphics" or some other marketing lie to hype products.... darn marketing departments :laugh:

I think people will be less annoyed by this than Nvidia's re branding in recent years as it's just one core that hopefully will be OEM only instead of a full line of products for all markets.
  4. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    Can't wait to re-flash my 5750 to a 6750 ;D
  5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    at least there was some changes, like updating to the HDMI 1.4a spec
  6. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I only look at rebranding like this, as being wrong when amd or nvidia have one card and rebrand it straight to something else with only screwing the consumer in mind and nvidia only did it one time, the rest of it was mainly not getting the correct product out fast enough or OEM forced rebranding or what nvidia did do alot which was rehashing old products.

but this was the ultimate rebrand http://www.rage3d.com/articles/amd_rebranding_the_death_of_ati/

I bet if I flashed some cash in your faces you would change your minds too.
  7. afw

afw New Member

Thanks Received:
    Increase in clock and mem speeds ...may be .. ???
  8. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Nope, they're the same. It's just like 8800GT to 9800GT change.
    afw says thanks.
  9. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    at least they upped the HDMI specs, which has some benefits (blu ray 3D, for one)

Lets hope they update the thingies that limited eyefinity as well, so that like the other 6k cards they can run DVI+DVI+HDMI simultaneously.

zero performance changes, but minor feature updates. thats an improvement over nvidia, who didnt change anything.
    HXL492 says thanks.
  10. Xaser04

Xaser04

Thanks Received:
    Um HD6850......
  11. Over_Lord

Over_Lord News Editor

Thanks Received:
    OH shit no, I thought they would replace it with some 560 Shader or 480 Shader card, like the Mobile HD6000 series...
  12. DriedFrogPills

DriedFrogPills New Member

Thanks Received:
    they have already its called the 6870
  13. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    If you buy a rebrand not knowing then you don't need to be buying pc parts to begin with. Do some research people who don't know what a rebrand is also buy 8400gs's because 1gb means they are fast.
    inferKNOX says thanks.
  14. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I am not a great fan of re-branding as it can cause confusion to less knowlegable people but that happens anyway, the sad thing is, if a customer is looking at 2 Dell desktops which are similar in spec but that customer wants to do some gaming as well, he might choose the desktop that has the 6750 in it over the one that has the 5850 in it thinking that the "newer" tech must be better, but again that can happen in most things and makes no difference whether it's the green or red side.

The thing I do like however, is the fact that at least it's not advertised on the site as "New", take a look at number 7, they are pretty clear what it is and credit to them for that at least.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desk...6770/Pages/amd-radeon-hd-6770-overview.aspx#4
  15. inferKNOX

inferKNOX

Thanks Received:
    Just to cast one more stone, I'll add, "The shame AMD, the shaaame...!":shadedshu

On a more productive note though, at least they are giving a little recognision to us all giving them dirty looks over this and are trying to keep this relatively noob-safe by limiting it to OEMs. I don't think the OEMs will be as forgiving though.:pimp:
    However if AMD sells this directly to the unsuspecting sheople, then that will earn an unspeakable shame worthy of condemnation and reproach, and teasing their dogs everytime you pass the AMD boards' homes... even if everyone else is doing it too/already.:roll:

/I'll let you guys decipher where there's sarcasm for yourselves, lol
  16. Magikherbs New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes its a rebrand. But look closer lol.. better yet try and remember the fact that the 57xx replacements are the 68xx cards !

The 67xx series are obviously the new entry level cards and should/will be priced accordingly. :cool: This will seriously raise the bar on the price/ performance ratio.

Its good to see Amd making waves again. 2gb GPUs :rockout: Fusion APUs :rockout: GTX 280 performance for <$100 :rockout::rockout:

:toast: