1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD to Claim Share of Tablet Pie with Brazos-T APU Platform

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jul 4, 2011.

1. ensabrenoir

ensabrenoir

Thanks Received:
    TheLaughingMan says thanks.
  2. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Then they should advertise this to the market it is for, general consumers and corporations who would want these in their pre-build systems. Like Dave said, this is nothing we at TPU would use. It is news and all, but post this news in the form of a commercial on TV or ads in magazines (physical and digital). How about those annoying ass pre-video ads on Youtube and the like. Those are the people you want to see this and go, "Wow, graphics are going to be that much better!"

Don't get me wrong. I am glad to see it here at TPU and thanks Beta Runner for posting it, but put it elsewhere as well.
  3. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    I am considering buying an Acer Iconia W500, they have 2 x bobcat cores and 6250. they are pretty zippy too as my mate has one.
  4. NC37

NC37

Thanks Received:
    Because the future of CPUs will be in GPU tech. But it just isn't mature yet. These APUs are the beginning. Heck if Intel had it's way and the performance ceiling wasn't hit, we'd all be still using single cores. Intel said Mhz was everything at one time, others warned it wasn't. Intel hits the wall, then backtracks and goes back on that statement. Favoring multiprocessor options.

I see the same thing happening with x86 CPU hardware. Intel is throwing its weight behind it's CPUs, which while good, will get overtaken eventually as APU tech advances. The one thing Intel did better this time around was prepping a counter with Sandybridge. But if AMD presses all out on APU tech and Intel doesn't advance it's IGP technologies, they will be left behind.

The day Intel develops it's own GPUs that can compete with NV/AMD's midrange boards, they'll become a threat to APUs. That also means they need the drivers to back it up.
  5. a_ump

a_ump

Thanks Received:
    Hear here^ :toast:
  6. bostonbuddy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Intel buy NVidea puts out APU's w/ NVidea IGP's, AMD loses again
  7. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth New Member

Thanks Received:
  8. bostonbuddy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Win for X Box 3?
  9. laszlo

laszlo

Thanks Received:
    nice tech but i can't see what the heck i can do with a tablet,for me a smart phone is enough
  10. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    Some people prefer a slightly bigger screen. I don't have a tablet yet, but I can see myself with a tri-force of computing goodness in the future: a smartphone for when I'm out; a powerful desktop PC for gaming/photo editing/etc; and tablet for web-browsing/e-mail in the lounge, watching my movie collection anywhere, streaming media from my NAS to my TV, etc.

----------

We're a very small minority here that actually needs a powerful PC (for gaming etc). The vast majority of people out there can get by with the (relatively) mediocre processing power that tablets/netbooks/laptops provide, because all they ever do is web-browsing/e-mailing/photo browsing/angry-birding/facebooking.
  11. Jonap_1st

Jonap_1st New Member

Thanks Received:
    DX11-capable tablet which equal or maybe faster than intel atom D510 dual core, but consume less power..

coming soon - 2012 :respect:
  12. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    yeah smart phone for most of us, but tablet offer more than smart phone, bigger screen, better performance n features and higher prestige over smart phone but the price is still kinda in the sky you could buy mid level/entry level laptop on that price
  13. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Good to see AMD getting in to the tablet world and give those ARM guys a run for their money.

:roll::roll:
  14. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Comic books and ebooks!
  15. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:

The box, you don't even need to think out side of it to come up for a solution to this.

USB Host + HDMI out.

BAM highly portable computer.

I already use my tablet in this way, no good for gaming just yet but epic web browser and media center ;)
  16. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Well now you can game on your tablet. You just gotta throw some AMD's on that bish!