• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Unveils ATI Catalyst 10.6 WHQL Software Suite

Processor i9 10850k
Motherboard Asus strix Z-490-e
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z 4000mhz
Video Card(s) Asus STRIX RTX 3080
Storage 1tb Samsung 970 EVO,1tb hdd,750gb hdd
Display(s) Asus 27" 144htz 1440
Case Lian Li lancool 2 mesh
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic GX-850
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech Pro
My card at stock.

Attachments

• cat 10.4 stock.JPG
    cat 10.4 stock.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 1,363
  • cat 10.6 stock.JPG
    cat 10.6 stock.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,357
System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard MSI X370 Titanium
Cooling Tt Water2.0 PRO (They use the same bracket as 3.0)
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB 3200 15-15-15-35 B-Die (@3333 ATM)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX R9 390 8GB
Storage Too many. Samsung 750GB, 120GB 850 EVO, Seagate 1TB, Toshiba 1TB, OCZ 32GB Cache Drive
Display(s) Samsung 46" UN46D6050 1080P HDTV
Case Home-made tech bench.
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX (I use HDMI though *cry*)
Power Supply CWT PUC1000V-S 1000W, Abee Supremer (import) 1200W currently used as primary.
Mouse Razer Copperhead (circa 2005)
Keyboard Tt Challenger Pro (AVOID! Keys wear super fast)
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
I see, you don't understand my post but that didn't stop you from saying that information is incorrect? This is rich indeed, thanks for the laugh. As for the "source", it was already provided. Just scroll up a bit. :p

I was referring to the reason why the clocks were changed, for what was "incorrect". Me having no clue what you are referring to in regards to the metal plate is a moot point in this instance. And since you read the page where the Catalyst guy spoke about that, you could more readily find the link than I could. As I'm not sure when you found it, how you found it or if it was searched what the parameters were.

The truth of the matter remains the same, it was done for a dual card according to what he provided. :D

And again, as I run a dual card configuration, I am baffled as to why the clocks needed to be increased... I saw no benefit to them being increased. If it is JUST for those with 120Hz displays, then I think it would've been better to issue a HotFix so anyone who has 120Hz display, they can download it. Not punish EVERYONE by raising the clocks... And coincidentally, they are now 157/300 again with 10.6s.

If you are not able to find it why are you arguing with me? You don't know what the metal plate on the card is nor can you find voltage, gpu/memory information in the xml file.

I believe you are only frustrating yourself here as your knowledge on what was provided does show to be limited I'm afraid.

Clearly your grasp on the English language, even if it is your native language, is quite little. I wasn't arguing with you about the XML, I was agreeing with you and then while I was on that topic, ranting about the lack of software (or ability in available software) that can do what I'm after :rolleyes:

Similarly I'm not frustrated, so how you are figuring that I am is beyond me! But yes my knowledge of 5000 series cards and AM2/3 setups is quite limited. I only recently had the money for a computer upgrade and had been previously using a S939 A64 X2 and x1950 Pro. So forgive me if I haven't heard of a metal plate that when coming out of 3D clocks manages to generate heat, throwing the GPU into a clock throttling mode which degrades performance, causing issues for users with multiple cards and 120Hz display... :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------- (Had to make this line to let EastCoast know that anything beyond it, isn't in reply to anything he has said)

My original intent of this post was to mention that for me, Cat 10.6s are allowing my 5770s to run at 157/300 again. Although I've also had some stability issues as well... When I first installed the drivers, the multiple screen flickers ended up with one of them staying heh The PC wasn't frozen, as I was able to initiate a restart via keyboard shortcuts. Almost immediatly after Windows loads, the computer randomly restarted. Thinking perhaps in relation to me lowering some voltages earlier today, I brought them back up again; however, upon Windows loading again, random restart. I must admit though, both happens when I had opened up Afterburner to check what the clocks were. This last time I hadn't and so far it is OK. So we'll see how long that lasts... :ohwell:

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Memory 40gb of DDR 4 2700
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon 500
Storage Fusion Drive 1 TB
Display(s) 27 Inch IMac late 2017
way to go ati nice improvements

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
I was referring to the reason why the clocks were changed, for what was "incorrect". Me having no clue what you are referring to in regards to the metal plate is a moot point in this instance. And since you read the page where the Catalyst guy spoke about that, you could more readily find the link than I could. As I'm not sure when you found it, how you found it or if it was searched what the parameters were.
That is because you want to replace the dual card tweeted by him for dual monitors. Perhaps both maybe included (although I found no information regarding dual monitors) but I cannot agree it's the only reason based on the information I have (it's in one of my earlier posts in this thread). If you haven't a clue then it would be better for you to ask then become long winded and defensive. Furthermore, in order to find those quotes I informed you to scroll up :p.

And again, as I run a dual card configuration, I am baffled as to why the clocks needed to be increased... I saw no benefit to them being increased. If it is JUST for those with 120Hz displays, then I think it would've been better to issue a HotFix so anyone who has 120Hz display, they can download it. Not punish EVERYONE by raising the clocks... And coincidentally, they are now 157/300 again with 10.6s.
Then there is no need to be so upset at me about. I'm only bringing for the information I have regarding the issue. If you stop being so defensive this would/should have been your post to begin with.

Clearly your grasp on the English language, even if it is your native language, is quite little. I wasn't arguing with you about the XML, I was agreeing with you and then while I was on that topic, ranting about the lack of software (or ability in available software) that can do what I'm after :rolleyes:
See, another defensive reply but this time ad hominem in nature. Did you not read my edit inwhich I tried to re-explain the situation? If so, it's clear that I wanted to make sure you understood the situation without having to resort to throwing insults.

Similarly I'm not frustrated, so how you are figuring that I am is beyond me! But yes my knowledge of 5000 series cards and AM2/3 setups is quite limited. I only recently had the money for a computer upgrade and had been previously using a S939 A64 X2 and x1950 Pro. So forgive me if I haven't heard of a metal plate that when coming out of 3D clocks manages to generate heat, throwing the GPU into a clock throttling mode which degrades performance, causing issues for users with multiple cards and 120Hz display... :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------- (Had to make this line to let EastCoast know that anything beyond it, isn't in reply to anything he has said)
Perhaps it's the rolling eyes icon, the ad hominem response, etc which all indicate frustration.

My original intent of this post was to mention that for me, Cat 10.6s are allowing my 5770s to run at 157/300 again. Although I've also had some stability issues as well... When I first installed the drivers, the multiple screen flickers ended up with one of them staying heh The PC wasn't frozen, as I was able to initiate a restart via keyboard shortcuts. Almost immediatly after Windows loads, the computer randomly restarted. Thinking perhaps in relation to me lowering some voltages earlier today, I brought them back up again; however, upon Windows loading again, random restart. I must admit though, both happens when I had opened up Afterburner to check what the clocks were. This last time I hadn't and so far it is OK. So we'll see how long that lasts... :ohwell:
That's fine but you mingled your reply with the drivers with some the examples I mentioned earlier (IE: your frustration, etc). Perhaps you should in the future separate your post regarding the issue without having to quote the user. Not that I didn't understand your reply but I clearly see you post wondering in different directions.
-replying to me
-discussing the drivers
That way when I reply to you, separating the 2, the conversation flows better.

System Name Project Neverending
Processor i9 9900K @ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus Formula XI
Cooling Corsair HX 150i Pro, Corsair ML 120/QL 120 fans
Memory 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 2080Ti
Storage Samsung 970 Evo NVMe, 2 Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 (3440X1440), Samsung U28D590 (3840X2160)
Case Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX X-Fi, Logitech 5.1 speaker system
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000i
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Updates coming soon ®
So Vantage is improved. Have any games people actually play gotten any improvements?

Processor i9 10850k
Motherboard Asus strix Z-490-e
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z 4000mhz
Video Card(s) Asus STRIX RTX 3080
Storage 1tb Samsung 970 EVO,1tb hdd,750gb hdd
Display(s) Asus 27" 144htz 1440
Case Lian Li lancool 2 mesh
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic GX-850
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech Pro
BC2 is alittle bit better and it still loads fast.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
According to the release notes most of the improvements are for CF. Other then that the video portion should offer better IQ.

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard MSI X370 Titanium
Cooling Tt Water2.0 PRO (They use the same bracket as 3.0)
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB 3200 15-15-15-35 B-Die (@3333 ATM)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX R9 390 8GB
Storage Too many. Samsung 750GB, 120GB 850 EVO, Seagate 1TB, Toshiba 1TB, OCZ 32GB Cache Drive
Display(s) Samsung 46" UN46D6050 1080P HDTV
Case Home-made tech bench.
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX (I use HDMI though *cry*)
Power Supply CWT PUC1000V-S 1000W, Abee Supremer (import) 1200W currently used as primary.
Mouse Razer Copperhead (circa 2005)
Keyboard Tt Challenger Pro (AVOID! Keys wear super fast)
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
Did you not read my edit inwhich I tried to re-explain the situation? If so, it's clear that I wanted to make sure you understood the situation without having to resort to throwing insults.

No, I had not seen that. I went back and read it now. So yes, a truce :toast: :laugh:

Yes a fin-less piece of metal as a heatsink, while is fitting of the definition, does not work very well as one in most cases :ohwell: What I'm finding strange about these cards, or at least my 5770s, is the voltage they are supplying them with for stable operation. I don't know if when I was going through my overclocks, if it was a coincidence it was stable based on what I was told by someone in another thread who has their 3D voltage for 925MHz at 1.088v since for me low voltage isn't stable now, but I was able to drop my 1.2Vcore down to 1.088 as well and it had been FurMark stable for 20mins... Either way the point is that I think these cards are able to run at a substantially lower voltage than they currently are. I believe they are running 1.1v for 400/1200 right? Which is below 1/2 of their 3D clocks and only .1V more, yet the old 2D clocks (157/300 for my 5770s) is less than 400 yet not 1.0v but .950v :confused: Anyways I found that just by dropping the voltage down from 1.2 to 1.167v (was just a random click really) the load temps dropped a full 3C! That is pretty substantial IMO, for such a little drop in voltage. Point of that rambling is that AMD could've gone a whole number of different routes with the clocks/voltages etc, since they deemed it necessary to go and change the settings for everyone, which clearly had a negative impact for quite a number of people. I too noticed the increase in temperature, which for me is low 30sC with 157/300 clocks (I don't know if it is .950v or 1v right now though), as it at 400/1200 sits around 42-44C :S Again a seemingly low bump in clocks and voltage for a large jump in temps! My 5770s are only GPU cooled, everything else is convection cooled. Which sucks and I had no intent on getting the CUcore cards, but for $120/ea I couldn't complain :p The cooler sucks too, especially at the default voltage, which is why I your pain when it comes to temps.

I'd like to find out what the Mobility HD5870 runs for voltages, since they are quite literally a 5770, except they run at lower MHz!

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
No, I had not seen that. I went back and read it now. So yes, a truce :toast: :laugh:

Yes a fin-less piece of metal as a heatsink, while is fitting of the definition, does not work very well as one in most cases :ohwell: What I'm finding strange about these cards, or at least my 5770s, is the voltage they are supplying them with for stable operation. I don't know if when I was going through my overclocks, if it was a coincidence it was stable based on what I was told by someone in another thread who has their 3D voltage for 925MHz at 1.088v since for me low voltage isn't stable now, but I was able to drop my 1.2Vcore down to 1.088 as well and it had been FurMark stable for 20mins... Either way the point is that I think these cards are able to run at a substantially lower voltage than they currently are. I believe they are running 1.1v for 400/1200 right? Which is below 1/2 of their 3D clocks and only .1V more, yet the old 2D clocks (157/300 for my 5770s) is less than 400 yet not 1.0v but .950v :confused: Anyways I found that just by dropping the voltage down from 1.2 to 1.167v (was just a random click really) the load temps dropped a full 3C! That is pretty substantial IMO, for such a little drop in voltage. Point of that rambling is that AMD could've gone a whole number of different routes with the clocks/voltages etc, since they deemed it necessary to go and change the settings for everyone, which clearly had a negative impact for quite a number of people. I too noticed the increase in temperature, which for me is low 30sC with 157/300 clocks (I don't know if it is .950v or 1v right now though), as it at 400/1200 sits around 42-44C :S Again a seemingly low bump in clocks and voltage for a large jump in temps! My 5770s are only GPU cooled, everything else is convection cooled. Which sucks and I had no intent on getting the CUcore cards, but for $120/ea I couldn't complain :p The cooler sucks too, especially at the default voltage, which is why I your pain when it comes to temps.

I'd like to find out what the Mobility HD5870 runs for voltages, since they are quite literally a 5770, except they run at lower MHz!
It's .950V for me at 2D 157/300 but at 400/1200 it's around 1.066V which increases temps considerably. I can easily go from 35C to well over 55C. Or barely see the temps drop after gaming which is IMO completely unacceptable. How it works (from what I read) they "scale the voltage based on leakage, so the higher leakage parts use lower voltage and the lower leakage parts use a higher voltage.
source

There were a few specific voltages used but I no longer have that thread (perhaps someone will find it). But the end result for users was the ability to overclock slightly higher without having to bump up voltages. This would result in relatively lower temps. But that was all last year and I'm going on memory. So I don't recall all of it. Although I'm only taking a guess those who had problems may have had high leakage GPUs. In which some were able to fix their GSOD, etc with higher voltage, etc. If that's remotely true that would explain this fix for "everyone".

Last edited:
:twitch:

Dirt2 - DX9 - HD5970
Those words repel like similar polarized magnets in that sentence.

Who would own a Dx11 card and a Dx11 game yet play it not in DX11, not even in Dx10 but Dx9 ? :wtf:

Barely any purpose to increase Dx9 performance :shadedshu
I'm sure somebody's using it with XP.

-----------------------------------------------------

Wish they included OpenCL support in this version.

System Name Homelabs
Processor Ryzen 5900x | Ryzen 1920X
Motherboard Asus ProArt x570 Creator | AsRock X399 fatal1ty gaming
Cooling Silent Loop 2 280mm | Dark Rock Pro TR4
Memory 128GB (4x32gb) DDR4 3600Mhz | 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 2933Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 | ASUS Strix GTX 970
Storage Optane 900p + NVMe | Optane 900p + 8TB SATA SSDs + 48TB HDDs
Display(s) Alienware AW3423dw QD-OLED | HP Omen 32 1440p
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 | be quiet! Silent Base 800
Power Supply Corsair RM750x + sleeved cables| EVGA P2 750W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate (still has buttons on the right side, crucial as I'm a southpaw)
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite, Pro Type | Logitech G915 TKL
I'm confused with all this rambling about the drivers with big fancy words to impress the other lol

I have a 5850 and another on the way... also an x58 setup on the way. So my question is this:

Can I OC my cards a little, say staying at stock voltages (both are ref cards btw), and keep the 2D clocks at 157/300 and 0.950V? Can I, if I wish, downclock it even further if its stable? From what I understand, I can't, but I'm not sure lol :roll:

mdsx1950

System Name Knight-X
Processor Intel Core i7-980X [4.2Ghz]
Motherboard ASUS P6T7 WS
Cooling CORSAIR Hydro H70 + 2x CM 2000RPM 120mm LED Fans
Memory Corsair DOMINATOR-GT 12GB (6 x 2GB) DDR3 2000MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon HD6970 2GB CrossFire [PhysX - EVGA GTX260(216SP) 896MB]
Storage 2x Corsair Perf. 512GB | OCZ Colossus 1TB | 2xOCZ Agilities 120GB SSDs
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp™ 3008WFP [2560x1600]
Case Cooler Master HAF-X + NZXT Temp LCD
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X | ONKYO HTS9100THX 7.1
Power Supply Silverstone ST1500 1500W [80 PLUS Silver]
Software Windows 7 Ultimate X64 (Build 7600)
Benchmark Scores Heaven 2.0 with Extreme Tessellation at 1080p - 96FPS
Nice! Lot of 5970 improvements :D

System Name 2K Gamer
Processor AMD 8370 @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS Pro Gaming / Aura 970
Cooling Corsair H60 AIO
Memory 16GB G. Skill RipJaw @ 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP! GTX 1070
Storage Samsung 600 Gig HDD (Raid 0 @ 7,500) / WD 1TB Blue @ 7,200 / PNY 128 GB SSD For Linux
Display(s) 27'' ASUS 144MHZ G-SYNC Read 1400p Gaming Monitor / 23'' LG LCD Flatron W2361VG 1080p @ 50,000:1
Case NZXT Source 530
Audio Device(s) Onboard 7.1 HD Realtek
Power Supply 750w Corsair HX
Mouse Cougar Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Saitek Eclipse
Software Windows 10 64bit Education Edition
:shadedshu:shadedshu my FPS is BFBC2 is having some problems, I am getting around 32-40 FPS and I should be getting around 70-120 , anybody else have this problem?? All other games are fine, I will check to make sure my cards are in fine...(L4D2 I get almost 300 FPS)

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
To begin with, Catalyst 10.6 adds GPU-accelerated video de-blocking (a feature that helps improve quality of upscaled videos), and mosquito-noise reduction, which helps improve quality of lossy video formats. Although ATI was first to be out with a GPU driver that packs OpenGL 4.0 ICD, it was only in the form of preview drivers. Catalyst 10.3 provides official support for OpenGL 4.0,

10.3 now?

System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing
only improves for 5xxx series

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
these are likely new drivers for 5K cards, and older (10.3/4?) for the 4K and below.

Processor 2700x under H100i progeebee
Motherboard ASUS x470 prime
Cooling Fans
Memory gskill ripjaw 3200
Video Card(s) MSi Vega 64 ref
Storage 120Gb OCZ Vertex 2E SSD - 500Gb Games - 1.5tb Storage and Media
Case CM HAF 932
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Win 10
:shadedshu:shadedshu my FPS is BFBC2 is having some problems, I am getting around 32-40 FPS and I should be getting around 70-120 , anybody else have this problem?? All other games are fine, I will check to make sure my cards are in fine...(L4D2 I get almost 300 FPS)

Yeah, make sure you install the 10.6 application profiles and reboot after installing the drivers. My performance in BC2 tanked hard after installing 10.6 but I missed the application profiles because I was in a rush. I'm back on 10.5 for now but I will try again tonight.

ariff_tech

10.6 still didn't fix issue with eyefinity 6 card,
they still recommended 10.3b,

i have to mod gpu bios to save energy,
max 300gpu-300mem-(---)v,
mid 300gpu-300mem-0.95v,
low 300gpu-300mem-0.95v, (most stable when using 6 display)

and using catalyst profile overdrive when i playing game.

i also notice in windows vista and 7, when u just right click on your desktop, gpu go to max mode. voltage increase to 1.12v.

i have to use MSI after burner to prevent voltage rise above 1v,

but still didnt test yet if this driver capable to drive 5x1 portrait group,
gonna test it now.......

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
10.6 still didn't fix issue with eyefinity 6 card,
they still recommended 10.3b,

i have to mod gpu bios to save energy,
max 300gpu-300mem-(---)v,
mid 300gpu-300mem-0.95v,
low 300gpu-300mem-0.95v, (most stable when using 6 display)

and using catalyst profile overdrive when i playing game.

i also notice in windows vista and 7, when u just right click on your desktop, gpu go to max mode. voltage increase to 1.12v.

i have to use MSI after burner to prevent voltage rise above 1v,

but still didnt test yet if this driver capable to drive 5x1 portrait group,
gonna test it now.......

Yeah, the Eyefinity 6 card is still listed separately. I'll have to try my memory (2d clocks) at 300. I've been doing 300/575 and it's worked well. :toast:

System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
so i just updated to these drivers from 10.3 and im having some trouble, everything went perfect but i now have a 1" gap of black going around my whole screen when at 1920 x 1080p ive tried to to change settings but can't get it to work:banghead:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
You need to find the scaling option in CCC and move the slider so it fills the screen.

System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
sweet thanks that fixed it!

bogie

I think I'm going to have to switch back to 10.4a... They keep saying they fixed the loading times for BFBC2 but they're still worse when compared to 10.4. Also BFBC2 was running buttery smooth under 2 HD 4870s, and now it runs like crap... What the hell ATI, get your crap together and get all your fixes implemented into one driver, not scattered about 10 versions...

I think i will stay on cat 10.4a as well if you are having problems. I also have a 4870x2 and 10.5's screwed my computer. I can see 10.6 doing exactly the same. :banghead:

Anyone tried Cat 10.6's with a HD4870x2?

Last edited: