1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD "Vishera" FX-Series CPU Specifications Confirmed

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:

This is true, and if these new CPU's dont cut it either than that's what ill be doing and leaving it for many many yrs to come.

I cant be beeped to spend much more money on computer stuff these days, gotta focus on fixing up my lawn and house now, yes im getting old.
  2. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    My 1090T smoked dozer as well. Why would you hope for anything, but progress for the new chips especially with a lot of parts going EOL.

That's the exact reason I run what I do. For what I do bulldozer doesn't cut it...For sure isn't worth the upgrade away from my stellar 790FX mobo.
  3. jpierce55

Thanks Received:
    The A10-5700 sounds like a very good move.
  4. AvonX New Member

Thanks Received:
    Never mind. I would buy the 8350 since it could be their last performance desktop cpu.
    I think that those supposed leaked specs might be wrong.
    There is a good chance that they could be clocked even higher *if they they managed to keep power consumption low enough. And i will also buy an APU for daily use when i am not gaming to save some money off my electricity bill. :p
  5. xorbe

Thanks Received:
    I guess you're going to have to spell it out for me. What I see is that an FX-8350 does not have on-die graphics, but has a big check mark for QuickStream which uses the graphics portion of an APU for videos.
  6. Coffebreak New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just registered to say this to you: How stupid do you think people are? Some nobrainer in a forum has an unreleased APU with a serial number of 1? Are you kidding me?:banghead:
  7. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:

I don't think people are stupid, at all. Thanks for registering.

And actually, I want people to believe I have an unreleased APU, that was made over 8 months ago, and wasn't public. I want you to beleive that certain CEO was fired because of it, and directly, because of what he did(or did not do) with it @ a certain trade show.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      153.4 KB
      Views:
    _JP_ says thanks.
  8. AvonX New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great another photoshop. :laugh:

How does the sucker perform?
  9. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Ah, well, you see, boards are another story, for another day. All I need is a good board, with no NDA....

Was that my doorbell?!?

:laugh:
  10. Coffebreak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh well. In that case consider yourself luckiest man on earth at that time lol :toast:
  11. AvonX New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think the police is there to grab you. :laugh:
    Well since you managed to get that sucker 8 months ago, get me the steamroller based chip.
    I promise i wont tell anyone. :roll:
  12. Vinska

Vinska

Thanks Received:
    In other words - You don't have a mobo with BIOS that would recognize this CPU, so You have not tested it yet?
    (did I get it right?)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    That depends. I tend to have quite a bit of unreleased hardware these days, and really, it's a lot to manage. I'm sure there are others out there with chips..I just got one with 0001, and I don't seem to recall ever signing any sort of NDA about the chip.:D

You can buy these chips, or well, different bins of the same chip, already. Laptops and a few desktops are laready out with slower-speed A8 APUs. It's really no big deal right now.

Honestly, I dunno what i got. I've got stuff that this CPU will fit into the socket of. It all waits in line for other reviews to be finished. Will AMD launch their product before my review goes public? Time will tell. You'll just have to keep watching the front page. :p
  14. Coffebreak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well if you got an 83xx somewhere lying around I'll buy it off you so one thing less to worry about haha. :laugh:
  15. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Hmm. maybe if I publish early, AMD will notice, and get me CPUs...wait...I foil their launch...and expect to get something they don't give me already....does that make sense? :p
  16. AvonX New Member

Thanks Received:
    LoL count me in as well. :laugh:
  17. Coffebreak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well they said at first that the Trinity APU's would be avalible August for public anyway so..I guess go ahead :fear: Hell with AMD, I just want to see how the new PD cores match up with BD. :D
  18. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, guys, if I had such a chip, I'd have posted pictures. Unfortunately, AMD has denied me contact through marketing reps, so I have no early access to parts for reviews. I do, however, have this chip, and have for some time. Not 8 months...that's just the datecode on the chip, that says "1202", which would be the second week of 2012.

That in and of itself raises some interesting questions.
  19. AvonX New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just bench that sucker and save us from all the curiosity we have about how it performs.
    Post the results by tonight. Don't know if you would have AMD staff knocking on your door though. :p
  20. Coffebreak New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm with you on this one. :laugh:
  21. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    I think the issue Dave has is the NDA on the Fm2 socketed motherboards, eagerly awaiting that review myself though :)
  22. AvonX New Member

Thanks Received:
    No issues with Dave, he has everything in order.
    He is just worried about the early benchmark release and of course the consequences. :p
  23. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDQuickStreamTechnology.aspx

its a software layer that possibly utilizes some of the CPUs characteristics. Its mainly bandwidth prioritization. Since Vishera doesnt have a GPU in the CPU, it will utilize an AMD video card
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  24. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, I do have everything in order, and it is as I said...I have other hardware for reviews I received before this chip. Everything gets put in order on my shelf, and like a store, first in is the first out. I have a board and memory review to finish this week, next week board and memory again, and then the following week two boards.

But, I just got my right arm out of a sling last monday, and am doing physio every morning, so whiel I have high hopes to move up to 2 reviews per week, I might miss that target a bit, depending on how my arm holds up. I aim to have some A10 APU info up the week after next for sure though. If AMD doesn't launch by then, well...oh well.
  25. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    _JP_ and cadaveca say thanks.