1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD X2 Overclocking Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by BigJunit, Aug 24, 2007.

1. BigJunit New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok I will start off with a CPUZ screenshot so you can see what im working with. Also system specs are filled in to the left :cool:

[​IMG]

I have been playing around for a good few hours now trying to get as high an overclock as I can on this chip.
    The highest it will get through POST and Boot is 3250Mhz as in the screenshot. The trouble I am having is that the OC is not 100% stable. Although the system boots up fine I am getting random errors every now and again, mainly on Internet Explorer and SuperPI.

The system is watercooled so I have gone as far as putting 1.65v on the VCore, giving Idle 30-35'C and Load 40-45'C. But still the random errors.

Just wondering if anyone can suggest something that may help stabilise this a little more?

Thanks In Advance :toast:
  2. theonetruewill New Member

Thanks Received:
    London - Close your eyes and you'll see me
    Use memtest86 to check whether it's the RAM thats running out on you; do a few runs. If so, loosen the timings and/or up the voltage. Other wise I'd up the Northbridge voltage a tad although you probably shouldn't need to.
    BigJunit says thanks.
  3. BigJunit New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey thanks for the quick reply,

I will run memtest as all the symtoms do seem to point to the memory. With regards to adjusting the timings, this is something I have never done before, which ones would you suggest changing and by how much. Appologies for all the questions ;)
  4. theonetruewill New Member

Thanks Received:
    London - Close your eyes and you'll see me
    First I would change the RAS precharge to 6 (5.5.6.15-23). If that doesn't work set it @ 5.5.6.18-23. Or also try 5.5.5.18-23
  5. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Bigger divider on the RAM and give RAM more voltage. If that fails, you could also try pumping the northbridge more voltage.
  6. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    man, i dont understand why every x2 overclocker i run into uses voltages way higher then me.. on an 4600+ windsor EE, i can go from 2.4 to 2.7 undervolted... you raise your vcore by .4 for a 600 mhz OC, and i lower mine by 0.025 for a 300 mhz oc..

make sure you drop the htt link to 3x (default is 5x) for stability that might be the problem if its not the ram, instability due to the hypertransport..