• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

An Enthusiast Review of CoolClouds' Revolutionary CPU Cooler Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHobbyist

Introduction

Hello everyone, and thank you for stopping by! Recently, I had a very unique and exciting opportunity present itself. Today, I would like to share the details of the experience with my fellow enthusiasts!

Living in northern California comes with many perks (like amazing weather), but one of my favorites is that many tech companies call it home! As a result, I've had the privilege of visiting the offices of some amazing tech companies like Intel, AMD, Nvidia, ASUS, Antec, etc. In addition to the large and established tech companies, many hungry tech start ups can be found here as well.

By chance, I noticed that a tech start up by the name of CoolClouds was looking for a computer hardware enthusiast in the northern California area. They had developed an early prototype of a CPU cooler that incorporated the technology and techniques they had been using in their business cooling products. CoolClouds explained that their typical business involved designing custom cooling solutions for companies for electronics such as servers, telecommunication devices, and military equipment applications. They were not very familiar with the aftermarket CPU cooling environment and were looking for feedback.

Fast forward a short while and I found myself with an early CoolClouds CPU Cooler Prototype in my hands, hot off the production line! CoolClouds was generous enough to give me hands-on experience with their prototype and allow me to run a slew of enthusiast inspired tests on it. Below, you will find the results!

System Setup

Test Bed:

• Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Impact
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k
  • Memory: 8 GB (2x4GB) Samsung DDR3 1600 "Magic Ram"
  • Video: Integrated
  • Hard Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD
  • Thermal Paste: Noctua NT-H1

Test Methods

• CPU: CPU temperature will be monitored in windows using AIDA64 Extreme Version 4.30.2900
  • GPU: The integrated GPU in the Intel i7 4770k will be used, eliminating the heat of the discrete GPU as a variable.
  • CASE: The case used for this first round of testing is the Antec VSK-4000E Mid Tower Case
  • Thermal Paste: Noctua's NT-H1 thermal paste was used for a few key reasons: It's well known in the community for its performance and for not having an observable curing time, and I had a large syringe of it already =)
  • Temperatures:
    • Ambient: Ambient temperature will be measured throughout the test using an Exergen Infrared Thermometer. If there is any change in ambient temperature greater than .5C during the course of the test, the test will be restarted.
    • Idle: Idle temperature will be recorded after a 25 minute period of inactivity.
    • Load: Load temperature will be recorded following a 20 minute period of 100% load for air coolers and after a 30 minute period of 100% load for air/water hybrid coolers. The load will be obtained by running the AIDA64 Extreme Version 4.30.2900 System Stability Test. The values reported will represent the average temperature during the load testing period.
  • Sound: Sound levels will be measured with a Sinometer JTS-1357 Digital Sound Level Meter. A measurement will be taken at a distance of 1ft, .5m, 1m, and 4 ft. In each instance, the ambient sound level of the room will be recorded.

CoolClouds CPU Cooler Prototype

The CoolClouds CPU Cooler Prototype has a lot of familiar features to other coolers I have worked with in the past, at first glance. However, after taking it all in, it is clear that it is definitely something new, and something cool. On the one hand, I can see that it has a copper plate for contact with the CPU and I can see that the entire unit is designed to mount directly to the motherboard. But on the other hand, I see a 120mm radiator and what looks to be to be none-other than a water pump like the ones I have used in custom water cooling loops! Missing, however, are the tubes typically involved in a hybrid cooler setup. Also, the all-copper nature of the cooler is simply something to behold.

In addition to having full access to the prototype, the CoolClouds crew also made themselves available for any of my questions or other needs. They quickly brought me up to speed on the CoolClouds technology set that includes custom-designed and optimized micro-channel cold plates, powerful, miniaturized water pumps, and fine-tuned all copper radiators. With this technology set, CoolClouds has been morphing into some of the most challenging design spaces and has shown time and time again that they can provide greater cooling performance than any other current solution on the market.

In speaking with the CoolClouds team, it is clear that they are very confident in their designs and their technology. I think it was very bold of them to reach out directly to the enthusiasts and to allow one of them to pit their first prototype against the competition. Lets find out if their confidence and enthusiasm are backed up by performance, shall we? =)

Please Excuse My Rusty Photoshop Skills =)

Specifications

• Cooler Dimensions: 165 mm x 120 mm x 16 mm
  • Weight: 900g
  • Fin Material: Copper
  • Cold Plate Material: Copper
  • Compatibility: All Modern CPU Sockets
  • Fan: Nidec-Servo Gentle Typhoon (x2)
    • Size: 120 mm x 25 mm
    • Speed: 800-1850 rpm
    • Air Flow: 58 CFM
    • Noise: 26 dB

Having designed and built computers for over 15 years, I have seen a lot of CPU coolers and their specs. What stands out to me looking at these specs is that the radiator itself is only 16mm thick. I am interested to see how this factors into performance. Additionally, I am very excited to see both copper cold plate and copper radiator! Most, if not all, of the AIO hybrid coolers out on the market use aluminum radiators. This has the effect of reducing thermal performance. Also, since the system has a mix of copper and aluminum, they are forced to use fluids other than pure, distilled water. This also has the effect of reducing thermal performance. It will be interesting to see if the all-copper construction can counter-balance the reduced thickness of the radiator.

Photos:

Here are some shots of the front, back, and base of the prototype:​

Installation and Contact:

Being a prototype, no installation manual was provided. I've installed quite a fair number of heatsinks, but honestly, the installation of the prototype was extremely straightforward and did not require much mechanical ability. First, I placed the provided backplate on the rear of the motherboard, lining it up with the socket holes. Second, I hand-tightened 4 standoffs into the backplate from the other side of the motherboard. Third, I placed the appropriate amount of thermal paste on the center of the processor heatspreader. Fourth, I placed the prototype (without fans installed) on the processor. Fifth, I installed the provided screw/spring assemblies through the four bracket holes and into the previously installed standoffs. There were absolutely no obstructions or tight spots preventing me from easily tightening the screws. As always, I took my time tightening the 4 screws moving in an "X" pattern to ensure even pressure across the CPU. I then attached the two Gentle Typhoon fans and connected the pump and the 2 fans to the appropriate motherboard headers.

After the performance testing was complete, I removed the prototype and verified that I had solid contact between the cooler and the processor. As you can see in the image, good contact was present.

With all of that out of the way, lets take a look at how it performed!

Performance Results:

Results: Temperatures

For stock testing, my Intel Core i7 4770k will be set at 3.50 GHz and 1.05 volts. For overclocked CPU testing, my CPU will be set at 4.4 GHz and 1.20 volts.

Please note that the performance chart represents degrees Celsius over the ambient temperature at the time of testing. The temperatures listed DO NOT represent direct core temperatures.

Overclock Settings

With the Intel Core i7 4770k set at 4.4 GHz and 1.20 volts, we present a worthy challenge to the established kings of the CPU cooling realm as well as to the new challenger. Claiming the top performance spot with a 1 degree Celsius lead is the CoolClouds Prototype equipped with the two fans from the Corsair H80i cooler! To me, this is fairly remarkable; the CoolClouds Prototype radiator is only 16mm thick vs the Corsair H80i radiator which is a very stout 38mm thick. In an apples to apples performance shootout with the same testbed and and same fan configuration, the CoolClouds Prototype is able to best the Corsair H80i with less than half the radiator thickness! I found this a little hard to believe, so I ran the test 3 times on both coolers to verify the results.

Coming in second and third place in thermal performance in the overclocked testing were the Corsair H80i and the Noctua NH-D14 respectively. I was fairly impressed with the Noctua NH-D14 air cooler's ability to compete with the Corsair H80i All In One water cooler. The Noctua NH-D14 is significantly larger though. One important note that I will make is that the Noctua NH-D14 is able to provide it's 3rd place cooling performance at a much quieter level than the Corsair H80i as you will see in the coming sound performance evaluation.

Being a long time enthusiast and custom loop water cooler, I wanted to see how the CoolClouds Prototype performed with the long-running champion of performance/noise radiator cooling fans (The Gentle Typhoon AP-15). If you have never had the privilege of using a Gentle Typhoon, they provide an astounding amount of cooling performance on radiators, but at a noise level that is much less than the competition. Looking at the chart, we can see that the CoolClouds Prototype equipped with a pair of GT AP-15, with its diminutive 16mm radiator, performed within 2 degrees Celsius of the Corsair H80i and the Noctua NH-D14.

The Noctua NH-D14 represents best in class performance in the air cooler category according to many enthusiasts and performance reviews alike. Likewise, the Corsair H80i represents best in class performance in the 120mm AIO cooler category. In spite of this, The CoolClouds Prototype came out swinging and demonstrated that even in such an early stage of development, it was ready to take on all challengers and bring new levels of performance and a new CPU cooler form factor to the enthusiast cooler market.

Results: Sound

Please note that the sound performance chart represents measurements from 4ft, 1m, .5m, and 1ft. All measurements were taken with the case door removed and with the decibel meter aimed directly at the CPU cooler being measured.

As I alluded to earlier in the performance testing commentary, the Corsair H80i is much louder than the Noctua NH-D14 with the fans at 12v. The measurements verify this claim as can been seen in the chart.

Subjectively, I found both the Noctua NH-D14 and the CoolClouds Prototype equipped with the Gentle Typhoons to provide a very similar acoustic profile with the sound of the air flowing through the coolers barely perceivable. On the other hand, I found the acoustic profile of the Corsair H80i to be quite loud and disruptive. It definitely made a lot of noise. In the case of the Corsair H80i, it's performance comes at the cost of a quiet computing experience.

Conclusion

The Bottom Line

First of all, I would like to thank the fine folks at CoolClouds for the opportunity to work hands-on with their first prototype and for their open-door policy regarding any questions or comments that I had throughout the experience. It is clear that they are very busy, but that they take the quality of their product and their customer's experience as the highest priority.

Early on, I had concerns that the 16mm radiator would prove too thin to provide adequate performance. As it turned out, The 16mm all-copper radiator of the CoolClouds prototype proved superior to the 38mm aluminum radiator of the Corsair H80i. As a matter of fact, the slim 16mm CoolClouds Radiator was able to provide superior performance over the gargantuan 100mm thickness of fin tower used by the Noctua NH-D14! How embarrassing!

I would also like to take a moment to talk about the form factor. In the testbed, I utilized the small but mighty ASUS ROG Maximus VI Impact. The Impact is an mITX board. In the case of the Noctua NH-D14, the cooler literally consumed the entire motherboard! I will provide images, but they simply don't do the situation justice. I appreciate the fact that the Noctua NH-D14 mounts directly to the motherboard and does not require the sacrifice of a case fan, but the cooler is just insanely massive! In the case of the Corsair H80i, the installed size was more manageable, but I was forced to sacrifice the rear exhaust of my case. This is a problem for me. In most of the systems I have built in recent years, the discrete graphics cards are by far the greatest producers of heat. For this reason, it is paramount to me that the case airflow is able to function as it was designed to aid in cooling passive motherboard components and removing the excess heat generated by the GPU(s). In the case of the CoolClouds Prototype, it mounted directly to the motherboard and installation was done! I was also able to maintain the use of my case exhaust AND I had plenty of room to work with, no special tools required.

The CoolClouds CPU Cooler Prototype, for me, was like glancing into the future of electronics cooling. It made a very big impression on me. When I look at air coolers, I see a cooling technology that has reached the limits of its performance. When I look at AIO coolers, I see case airflow design thrown out the window, and I see GPU's and CPU's fighting over case exhaust and inlet locations. When I look at the CoolClouds prototype, I see a smaller cooler with better performance! I see a cooler without compatibility issues that allows anyone to do a drop-in-replacement and explore the boundaries of their CPU's performance without thermal limitations. I see a cooling technology that can let Intel and AMD know that they can go ahead and raise the TDP (Thermal Design Power) of their desktop processors, because a new standard of cooling is in place to handle it. I look forward to seeing CoolClouds consumer products, and I think you probably would too!

The Future

During my time working with the CoolClouds team and the prototype, there was a constant line of communication. They had a lot of questions about the heat problems computer enthusiasts run into and the pro's and con's of the different solutions out there. To me, it seems that the team could never be happier than to be presented with a challenging heat problem that they can devour and design and engineer a powerful solution to. We had a lot of discussions and I gave a lot of feedback. They asked what I wanted to see, and this is what I told them:
  • Cooler
  • Quieter
  • Compatible
I told them that it was great that they could perform a few degrees cooler than the competition with less than half the radiator size, but that I'd love to see what they could do with a thicker radiator! I told them that having the best thermal performance is fantastic, but that it's even better when you can do it quietly! I told them that the last thing I want to do when I buy a cooler is to worry that it won't be compatible with my case, or that I won't be able to use memory with tall heat spreaders, or that it will block my PCIe slot!

You can find out more about CoolClouds @ http://www.coolclouds.net/

DISCUSSION:

What do you think? Got any questions for me or the CoolClouds team? Let me know! Is there anything else you would like to see for the enthusiast prototype testing? If it's something I can do, I'll give it a go as time allows!

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed!
TheHobbyist

Last edited:
System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
anyway, on the cooler, it has several cables what its for?
i dunno, its like radiator just attach to heatsink base, too straight forward :)

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
Aside from the Captherm, hasn't this idea been tried years ago, I seem to recall this design before, I just cant seem to find images.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
i dunno, its like radiator just attach to heatsink base, too straight forward :)

Heater core pretty much

TheHobbyist

Hey there micropage7!

The cables you are seeing on the cooler are likely the positive, negative, and rpm wire for the 3-pin connector the water pump uses.

I actually like the fact that it is simplistic, yet complex at the same time. I especially like the part where it is much smaller, yet cools better hahaha!

Heater core pretty much

Hey there eidairaman1!

Radiator technology seems to be one of the better cooling tech's out there! I see radiators like this used to cool a lot of different stuff out there from houses to cars to computers =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor Ryzen 5900X OC 5150Mhz
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
Cooling Custom EKWB for CPU, VRM's & GPU with 2x 480mm Rads
Memory Gskill TridentZ 3600 Mhz C17
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB x 2 Raid0
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG272CQR 27 1440p x2
Case Corsair 1000D
Audio Device(s) onboard 7.1 HD Audio
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 1300w PSU
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Software Windows 10 64Bit
Benchmark Scores R20 : 9329 Timespy: 21455
Looking at the photo with the way it is mounted it is either blowing hot air onto where the PSU is, or blowing it onto the GPU.

Surely the smart thing would be to mount it so the hot air blows out that rear exhaust?

TheHobbyist

Looking at the photo with the way it is mounted it is either blowing hot air onto where the PSU is, or blowing it onto the GPU.

Surely the smart thing would be to mount it so the hot air blows out that rear exhaust?

Great observation! Unfortunately, the ASUS Maximus VI Impact motherboard has a unique 43mm tall voltage regulation board that the prototype was not able to clear. :) That is something that is unique to that particular motherboard and on all other motherboards, you will be able to mount the cooler in either orientation. Alas, that is the testbed I had on hand. In the future I will have something more common! Hahaha =)

....I'm not seeing anything here that is revolutionary. They've decreased the size of everything, but nothing is new. The tubing has decreased in size, as to be functionally non-existant. The incorporated pump is likely very similar to other ceramic motors, if not just an off-the-shelf solution. I see only an evolution, skirting the patents filed by some other companies (read: the ones that removed Swiftech from the AIO cooler market last year). I don't have a substantially good feeling about this product not seeing a patent suit filed against it.

Why does it out-perform other coolers (like the H80i)? There are two simple reasons, less impedance from tubing and copper construction. I'd bet both of these factors rather dramatically increase the cost of the system, but I can't confirm this without a price (convenient that it wasn't provided?). It doesn't seem fair to compare a sub $100 cooler to a much more expensive one. I'm still betting a custom loop with a 120mm radiator and wide tubing will beat the pants off of this thing, though I cannot prove my guess at this time.

I have three qualms with this thing, and they aren't being addressed by this review. First, what weight are we looking at here? A radiator, pump, and fans aren't going to be light, and you're banking on a motherboard enduring the stress of this weight hanging from it. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Two, what kind of finish are we looking at? Untreated copper is nice to look at, until is rapidly starts oxidation. I'm not sure about everyone else, but copper oxides don't come anywhere near my motherboards. Finally, how much does this cost? A high end air cooler, and moderate cost AIO perform similarly. We could be looking at something that performs only marginally better than either of them, with a much heavier price tag. I'm refrain from judgement until that information can be confirmed.

Unfortunately, this review seems to exist in a vacuum. The performance figures are interesting, but the bottom line is there's not enough information to make a call. Kudos on the performance figures, and thank you for your effort.

Edit:
Idiot.

The weight was provided. I'm foolish, and need to apologize for my oversight. I'm still looking at 1500G = 1.5 kg = 3 pounds. That's one beastly cooler.

Case Corsair 1000D
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Jesus, thats 300g heavier than a Noctua NH-D14 :O

As for the end look, it looks like blackened metal according to the CGI design at the bottom

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
The weight was provided. I'm foolish, and need to apologize for my oversight. I'm still looking at 1500G = 1.5 kg = 3 pounds. That's one beastly cooler.
same weight as my IFX-14 in Tri TY-147 setup :D (1305g) yet i cant see this outperforming that one.

as for the website i think they are a bit too enthusiast about their own product (well kinda logical in the end) nothing revolutionary and

"Since SuprCool™ heat sinks are so effective at such a small size, they make an ideal solution for high-performance personal computing. Enthusiasts continually search for better, faster platforms and overclocking is a time-honored tradition to supercharge stock computer platforms. In the future, CoolClouds’ SuprCool™ will have a heat sink that removes the barrier to clock speeds without requiring a hack saw. Simply replace the CPU heat sink on your latest Intel or AMD CPU with a SuprCool V14 Cooler and ramp up the power and performance of your personal computer.

SuprCool V14

This SuprCool™ heat sink unleashes the performance of your personal computer. With this compact unit, you can overclock to over 200 watts, and keep the processor well under it rated temperature. In fact, the capacity of our heat sink to cool far outpaces the operation wattage of current processor design. SuprCool™ not only allows for much better performance now, it raises the ceiling to allow for exponentially increased wattage operation development across the the processor marketplace."

that description is kinda ... nothing that a good air or AIO CWC can do actually.

depending the pricing it could be just another AIO (if the pricing is equale to a H80i then i call it not worth it)

System Name TITAN Slayer / CPUCannon / MassFX
Processor i7 5960X @ 4.6Ghz / i7 3960x @5.0Ghz / FX6350 @ 4.?Ghz
Motherboard Rampage V Extreme / Rampage IV Extreme / MSI 970 Gaming
Cooling Phanteks PHTC14PE 2.5K 145mm TRs / Custom waterloop / Phanteks PHTC14PE + 3K 140mm Noctuas
Memory Crucial 2666 11-13-13-25 1.45V / G.skill RipjawsX 2400 10-12-12-34 1.7V / Crucial 2133 9-9-9-27 1.7V
Video Card(s) 3 Fury X in CF / R9 Fury 3840 cores 1145/570 1.3V / Nothing ATM
Storage 500GB Crucial SSD and 3TB WD Black / WD 1TB Black(OS) + WD 3TB Green / WD 1TB Blue
Display(s) LG 29UM67 80Hz/Asus mx299q 2560x1080 @ 84Hz / Asus VX239 1920x1080 @60hz
Case Dismatech easy v3.0 / Xigmatek Alfar (Open side panel)
Audio Device(s) M-audio M-track / realtek ALC 1150
Power Supply EVGA G2 1600W / CoolerMaster V1000 / Seasonic 620 M12-II
Mouse Mouse in review process/Razer Naga Epic 2011/Razer Naga 2014
Keyboard Keyboard in review process / Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014/Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2011
Software Windows 7 Ultimate / Windows 7 ultimate / Windows 7 ultimate
Benchmark Scores cinebench 15.41 3960x @ 5.3ghz Wprime32m 3.352 3960x @ 5.25ghz Super PI 32m: 6m 42s 472ms @5.25ghz
It's a full copper construction so this isn't going to be cheap.
Since I'm the CZ I go with local pricing but the cost ratios work to $ too so the currency used doesn't matter.
A high end air cooler cost about 2000czk

Gentle Typhoon fans cost 350czk each
A cheap full copper radiator cost 900czk
The smallest and cheapest ceramic pump I found costs 550czk
CPU water blocks start at 875czk

So this will probably cost 30 to 50% more than a good air cooler and you get only 2-3C improvement IMO that's not worth it especially if it puts 1.5KG of stress on your motherboard.

However it does prove an intresting fact that you don't need a large radiator to cool an i7 4770K so it would be intresting if a custom loop with a cheap pump block res and cheap full copper radiator would out preform this because if it doesn't then this actually has a place on the market.

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
It's a full copper construction so this isn't going to be cheap.
Since I'm the CZ I go with local pricing but the cost ratios work to $ too so the currency used doesn't matter.
A high end air cooler cost about 2000czk

Gentle Typhoon fans cost 350czk each
A cheap full copper radiator cost 900czk
The smallest and cheapest ceramic pump I found costs 550czk
CPU water blocks start at 875czk

So this will probably cost 30 to 50% more than a good air cooler and you get only 2-3C improvement IMO that's not worth it especially if it puts 1.5KG of stress on your motherboard.

However it does prove an intresting fact that you don't need a large radiator to cool an i7 4770K so it would be intresting if a custom loop with a cheap pump block res and cheap full copper radiator would out preform this because if it doesn't then this actually has a place on the market.
let say it it cost more than a CM eisberg 140XL ... so :D (and perform same or better ... )

but technically ... this use more place than a std AIO unlike what they said about it ... IE: my Carbide Spec-01 couldn't handle that thing, while a H60/H80/Seidon120M/V/XL could fit. the argument of the size is nile, since the place needed is the same as a single 120mm tower double fan setup. and it cover the surrounding of the socket unlike a std AIO.

Last edited:

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
What is this, a radiator with a pump built on side?
I'm not sure even what to ask so forgive me if I sound a bit ignorant.. I'm just trying to figure out what the deal is here with this cooler?

To me its insanely huge and I can't see how good this will look in any case. Corsair and other AIO units look way better then this *no pun intended* but really who in there right mind would hang this big ass copper unit off there cpu? I sure the hell wouldn't!

I'm all for water cooling but my god is this what we're in for?

I betcha a h80i in my testing world will blow this cooler outa the park and look better too :p

Sorry but I'm out, as I can't think of anything good or practical to say on this product except for good luck.

Case Corsair 1000D
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Logitech G19s
What is this, a radiator with a pump built on side?
I'm not sure even what to ask so forgive me if I sound a bit ignorant.. I'm just trying to figure out what the deal is here with this cooler

Surely thats simple. It's a H80 without pipes and all supported on the cpu mobo

System Name Ed-PC
Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus TUF Z690 PLUS Wifi D4
Cooling Noctua NH-14S
Memory Crucial Ballistix DDR4 C16@3600 16GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia MSI 970
Storage Samsung 980, 860evo
Case Lian Li Lancool II mesh Perf
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Software Win10 Pro 64bit
I don't see what all negativity posted, no one is forcing you to buy it, this is just a first look at prototype unit, w/o even price yet .

Ok, here few pluses That "might" be advantageous .
1) its all in one construction might make it that defective pump would still keep CPU somewhat cool (since it might be able to transfer heat through convention )
2) the passages might have very good size, like equal to 1/2" area for very good flow.
3) since the area from CPU base to rad is so short faster response time to heat pikes .

It be interesting to see what happens with pump off in a test .

System Name Main Rig
Processor Athlon 5350
Motherboard AsRock mITX
Memory 4gb
Storage 120gb Kingston HyperX SSD
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 740N
Power Supply Corsair 430 watt
I suspect the negativity comes mostly from the fact that this is posited as a impartial 3rd party review when clearly it isn't. It is an ad.

Case Corsair 1000D
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Logitech G19s
I suspect the negativity comes mostly from the fact that this is posited as a impartial 3rd party review when clearly it isn't. It is an ad.

+1

System Name Ed-PC
Cooling Noctua NH-14S
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Win10 Pro 64bit
well ,might as well wait for "real" reviews , OP didn't even test the unit there going to sell .
There be reviews if this is a real product worth looking at.

For me, I am not water cooler fan, so its a no on this or any AIO .

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro

And the fact it weighs a tonne, is from a company that haven't made any coolers for enthusiasts of any note before, it's a review from a random guy who joined the forums (I assume he's also joined other to copy paste the same stuff too), and that the review itself is pretty poorly laid out in terms of graphs. I want to see at least 10 of the top coolers tested all on the same hardware and put into a relative graph to show performance differences at different frequencies. It also doesn't mention pricing. If this thing costs more than the D14, or the Cryorig, or the Phanteks, and yet performs about the same, but costs a pretty penny more (due to copper usage), then this thing is worthless to the market besides showing other manufacturers why they shouldn't bother investing in this kind of RnD.

This review is too vague, and too informal for what is basically a shameless advertisement. It's like a dodgy kickstarter. They might have all the good will in the world, but this is not how to sell a prototype product to anyone.

System Name Ed-PC
Cooling Noctua NH-14S
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Win10 Pro 64bit
Case Corsair 1000D
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Logitech G19s
$2500 and you get a custom built pc........with Intel HD graphics..

Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Case Corsair 1000D
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Logitech G19s
So prices will be +$100 if they're distributing at that price. $200 ish probably

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Ouch. It's only raised $234 of a $100 000 target with 3 weeks to go and 5 weeks passed.

Seems like a sound enough idea but perhaps should have sold to Asetek or one of the AIO brands. Niche market, hard sell.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
That makes sense. So this is an ad plug in hopes people will support it on Indiegogo.
And with that in mind, the thread is closed. We would be delighted to see a full test/review of the final retail product when available and encourage the Op to share the final product with us.

Edit: I am re-opening the thread, I have been in conversation with the OP and am happy that he is neither employed by the company or making any gain from this, he wants the opportunity to respond to questions so please keep things constructive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.