1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Analysis of Powercolor HD 6950 1 Gb. Far Cry 3 Crashes?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by jboydgolfer, Dec 2, 2012.

1. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    Hello , and thanks for your time.

I have been Playing Far Cry 3 about 6 hours a day since it's release on the 29'th.

My issue is , that Every once in a while, I get a "crash" back to my Desktop.

It's not really a Crash, because the Game Doesn't fully Close, it Just minimizes.

So I click on the Icon in my task bar, and it goes Full screen again.

This doesn't Really bother me, however today it Did the same , except this time, I lost

DVI signal COMPLETELY. I had to Remove it , and inspect, then Reboot. Then it worked.

I have VERY low temp's during gaming ,in this game , BF3 , or any other. Generally a

max of 61C , on air Cooling , and a Idle of about 22C-24C. (Checked with HW Monitor

Afterburner). I get NO strange Smells, and Frankly it seems like the card isn't Working

Hard @ all. I have NO clue what is causing this , and am HOPING someone MAY know,

or be able to Shed light on this issue, or suggest possible causes. I will be Looking into

the matter for the next Hour or so, and running games ,and tests to see if I can Cause

it to Replicate the issue.I will check back ASAP.FYI,I am Running 12.10 @ Stock Speeds

Thank You For your Help, and Your Time.

2. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    Try rolling back the drivers to 12.8

stinger608 and jboydgolfer say thanks.
  3. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    Okay, I'll try that Right Now. Thank you For your help.

4. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    I agree here. I have read, over at AMD gaming, and a couple of other areas where the newest AMD drivers have been causing random crashes in games and applications.

Crunching for Team TPU 10 Million points folded for TPU
  5. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    Yeah , it was Really Confusing. I have NEVER had an issue like this with My hardware (that I didn't know how to resolve, or what the Cause was). The Minimizing was Slightly less cause for Concern , in Comparison to The Complete Failure of My Video signal. I've since Rolled back to 12.8 , and have run Far Cry 3 for 8 Hours Straight , and Had only one Issue, when it minimized again, like the beginning of my problem's. But it's definitely much better Now , than before.