1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:

Which means you'll have to wait for more than 2 years for that series? You're missing out a lot already.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  2. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:

I got the "Spoiler" function going for a reason!!!

:roll:
    blah
  3. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, spoiler tags would've been nice. I fixed you quote the way you should've done it. Not trying to be mean, but please refrain from posting such blatant spoilers like that in the future. It's not like it's against the rules or anything, it's just a little inconsiderate. Again, not trying to be mean. Just some advice. More serious anime places would've crucified you, or even warned/banned you for that.

And yes, I'll wait for 2 more years. If I watch all the first season now, I'll still have to wait to years to finish it, so I don't really see a difference.

Now, if each season is a stand alone series that comes to a full conclusion, then I'll break my "wait for it to finish" rule. If each season leads into the next, forget it. I'm waiting. The only other time I'll break my waiting rule, is if the content of the anime is something I'm already very familiar with, like Rebuild of Evangelion. I watched You Are Not Alone, but I'm already so familiar with the story line and universe, that I don't feel the need to worry about when they release every subsequent episode.

There's nothing I hate more than having to wait to finish a story. Being left hanging is infinitely worse than just waiting for everything to begin with.

For instance, I still haven't watched any of Hellsing Ultimate, because I never read the manga, and it's totally different than the original anime. I'll just wait till it finishes.
  4. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Not only that for Hellsing Ultimate... It took almost a year, if I'm remembering right" for them to even come out with the last few episdoes of it themselves. But, I could be wrong... I've been waiting to get the whole series myself... I don't care to much on how manga is different from the anime.. I mean, you got stuff like Full Metal Alchemist that was, in some parts, different from the manga to the Animed series. Samurai Deeper Kyo is TOTALLY different from the Manga to the Series.. And the series was out for a few years before the Manga was ever even wrote up...

Now, I know some may say this isn't "anime" or what not... But it's big in some since of art style and so forth... Just read my Sig and click the link if you don't know any "major" news that happened on the US side of things.. I can't wait to see what they have instore with the new merger...
  5. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    Wooo Hooo a new favorite.....Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple

If you look up the word "weenie" in the dictionary you are gonna see his face there...But I never laughed so hard at a cartoon...
  6. morpha

morpha New Member

Thanks Received:
    Kenichi was funny as.... The manga is ongoing from the anime and I intend on picking it up at some stage.

It drove me nuts how the romantic subplot was just forgotten towards the end of it though. I hate that.
  7. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    I just saw the first disk, Im gonna watch the second one right now.

One thing I REALLY like is one disk is 2hours 24min and the other is 2hr 48min.. I was getting tired of other animes having like an hour or an hour and a half...These are packed with episodes.
    (this is definitely one to add to the collection (lol, my collection of 2))
  8. morpha

morpha New Member

Thanks Received:
    its 50 eps long... they were probably trying to keep the disk count down.
  9. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Per se they are not spoilers. It's like me posting something about the JFK movie and said that the lead character was assassinated. Or to make it anime-related, like saying that in the anime "Le Chevalier D'Eon", King Louis XV was relatively famous in the beginning of his reign but not so as he died, and that the seeds of revolutionary discontent was starting to "bloom" so to speak.

They are historical events, even if you never knew about the anime you might have read about the events from a history book. In my case I already knew about that period in Japan (from 1580s to 1600s) so I must have gotten some "spoilers" already even before the first season was out?

If you INDEED consider that as spoilers (as I've read about them during high school, i.e. there weren't even plans about making a Sengoku Basara anime, and that I haven't heard of the Le Chevalier D'Eon anime yet) then I'll just edit it out.

No need to answer the one in spoiler tags in this post, unless you really want to. My head really hurts and I think I've failed my last two exams.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  10. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    trinity blood is only 24 episodes and its got 6 episode dvds (just finished it twas awesome)
    my list of anime too watch seems to never end, for every series i watch i download another 5 lol.

what good violent manga are there, i read wolf guy the other day and it put me in the mood for blood, hehehahaha (psycho laugh)
    the manga to kenichi is good once you start reading it you wont stop, reccomend it to anyone whos watched the anime (or not).
  11. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Hmm...Basilisk?
  12. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it really sucks that Trinity Blood was only 24epi. really sucks..
  13. morpha

morpha New Member

Thanks Received:
    I caught the end of an anime called Blassreiter at a convention recently...

I gotta get my hands on that. It looks sweet. Anyone seen it?
  14. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I'm curious how anyone thinks of Code Geass and Eureka 7?

The main character design (too girly) made me don't want to watch Code Geass at first, but once I started to watch it, it really changed my mind.

I watched the first ep of E7, and I couldn't get into it.
    I dislike the main character for some reason, way too ordinary, I don't know exactly why :(
    I feel that the way he beats other LFO when it's his 1st control an LFO is not really convincing, and stuffs about it's not the LFO's power, but the one who control it.
    Or maybe because I couldn't grab the story in the 1st ep (boring), and discourage me to watch the next one.
  15. morpha

morpha New Member

Thanks Received:
    Code Gaess is a CLAMP anime. (card captor sakura, fruits basket, XXXholic) its their style to have girly characters because they primarily market to the Shoujo market. What did you expect?

Eureka 7.. Did anyone get deja vu with Wolfs Rains ending with that? or was it just me....
  16. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I don't really remember Wolf Rains ending.. I don't if it was because I was drifting in and out of sleep when I watched it or what... I remember the primice of what it's about. Don't ask names of the characters. lol.. But, I guess I'll have to rewatch it in order to remember.. lol

As for the other thing at hand. Yeah, it felt like a "girl" style build to Code Geass. Not to much of Eureka 7, but more with Code Geass.

As for what I decide to watch...Basilisk... I've been meaning to watch it, but never have.. Pretty different. Makes me want to watch Ninja Scroll's movies again.
  17. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    im not much into anime and manga anymore... i only like the Hellsing OVA (we in Germany had a special german version in which the evil werent the nazis but lizard gods:laugh:, only the first two episodes resembled the book version) but im sad, that my favorite Manga, Battle Angel Alita was never brought into anime form;)

as you see, the more bloody and realistic, the better:D
  18. morpha

morpha New Member

Thanks Received:
    Battle Angel Alita is F***ing AWESOME!

but your wrong.. it DID get made into a short OVA> which covers upto the end of the arc about the spine theif/ first love.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=147

Its known as Gunnm in most countries (japanese title).

ALso for those who havent heard of it. Battle Angel Alita is inspired by Blade Runner. And is a steampunk cyber futuristic setting with lots of gore and a hot android lead.
  19. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Never judge an anime by a single ep. I happened to really enjoy E7. It gets much more serious at points, and there is a good bit a character development. It just starts slow. I've watched it 3 times total already. lol.

As far as comparing it to Wolf's Rain, I don't remember it's ending either. It's been far too long. I'll have to rewatch it.

I also remember renting Battle Angel Alita ages ago at Hollywood, when they had like a single shelf worth of anime. lol.
  20. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi New Member

Thanks Received:
  21. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i have it in HD. good anime, albeit weird at times.
  22. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    that looks kinda epic.:eek:

i just (started and) finished shigurui yesterday. its violence is beatiful i say.

like the part where a guy gets his bottom jaw punched off and they show it happening from inside his mouth.
  23. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone used www.watchanimeon.com?

I was watching Kenichi (they have most of the 50 episodes there) yesterday but after every few episodes they want you to buy a membership (or wait 54min to resume the episodes)

I dont care about the few $ to join (worth it to me ) just wondering since I am such a noob at this anime/internet stuff if it wise to do..
  24. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I just torrent mostly from bakabt. Higher quality than any streaming site, and free. The downsides are having to have the storage available, and having to wait till it's downloaded completely before watching. The pros outweigh the cons, imho.
    MKmods says thanks.
  25. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Wile E.. I just threw in a pair of TB hdds so im set for space for now...
    (it wasent that long ago that I thought 20gigs was huge)