1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:

I can now retract that statement that I never heard of it... lol.. I have it on my hdd... lol... well at lease Epi 1... Few weeks ago... lol

2. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    ive only just recently started using bakabt since everyone uses it and one of my downloads hit 4mb/s:eek::rockout:

Attached Files:

3. morpha

morpha

Thanks Received:
    hmm... a bittorrent tracker dedicated to anime... sounds relevant to my interests.

oh look someone else who uses CDdisplay to read manga.

4. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I've just registered with bakabt. It's certainly an improvement. :) I'm entropy13 there, luckily enough it wasn't in use yet.

5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    just a warning, talking about torrents is a very grey area with anime.

Probably best not to name the sites.

6. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    lol, I spent my weekend watching Bleach (saw 71 episodes) Dam that was a lot of anime.

Like Wile E said earlier 26-50 is good for an anime, 200+? I dont know if its possible to keep interest that long.

7. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    That's why they are saying that Drgaon Ball Kai is so much better then Dragon ball(z,GT) because of the fact that there isn't any sort of filler to make the anime last longer... You'll see it when you watch Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Gundam Seed (at lease I felt that way with teh movies and it's what made me stop watching the series), Dragon Ball series... Hell, even Full Metal Alchimest had fillers and now their going to go back, redo what they feel needs to, and add the stuff in that was suppose to be in there in teh first place..

Yeah, I'm with Wile E on the fact that they don't need to have thousands of episodes to have a great anime. If you can get up to 26, 52, then you did quite well for your self. Or, at lease I think so.

MKmods says thanks.
  8. Ammugonevil

Ammugonevil New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah but... if you can have over 5 series about people stuck on a island i don't see why you cant have so any episodes on a anime...

Not that i enjoy fillers.. DBz had one episode with just explaining..

9. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Man, hating on gilligan island! :laugh:. Nah, I get where your getting at, and I'm with ya on that whole thing. Bleach has even had episodes where they just say whats going on and that's it.. Which even sucks since they take up about 3 mins before the episode even starts talking about what happened the last dozen or so episodes...

But, yeah, if Animes can go, and go, then I'm all for it.. Just hate the dang fillers that some of them have.. That's all I'm about..

10. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    honestly isant after 26-50 episodes just taking up space/time? While watching Bleach this weekend I think around episode 64 or so I would have been happy for it to end. They could have made Bleach2 the next gen to continue if they needed to keep the Bleach Cash cow generating revenue.

Well its gonna be interesting to see if I can keep interested watching the next 200 episodes, lol...

Speaking of cash cows, I just picked up Chobits on eBay (was like $20) and I looked at Bleach...:eek: $179(15 dvds new) for the first 60 or so episodes....

I would have to sell my house to get all the DVDs, than where the hell would I put them all:laugh:

Hey CS you mentioned not wanting to get a series started till it finished, I got so pissed watching Moribito's 4 DVds at Netflix only to find it was only half way and they didnt have the rest of the series..

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  11. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    I'm really enjoying the new bleach filler arc they are going through, although i wish they would get the main arc over and done with without injecting a filler arc halfway through...At least Naruto shippuuden has gotten better to pick up for the lack of progress in bleach.

12. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, but those types of shows don't really intend to have a cohesive plot to begin with. They're written with the intention of each episode being able to stand alone, without having to worry about an overall plot. Bleach, Naruto, Inuyasha, etc., etc., all have a main plot they follow, and it just doesn't take that many episodes to tell the story. Most of it is filler crap.

13. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Head over to the torrent site mentioned earlier. They have it all. It's in Japanese only tho, iirc. Well worth the download. It's one of the box sets I plan to buy.

MKmods says thanks.
  14. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    MK, are you talking about Seirei No Moribito?
    If so check your PM inbox.

MKmods says thanks.
  15. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, that's what he's talking about. it's marketed as just Moribito over here in the US.

16. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    some info for people:
    First post in the thread has been updated saying not to talk about torrents and such in the thread.

Its borderline on TPU's rules, so just keep it to PM's.

Also, while the first post mentions CCCP and that it hasnt been updated in a year - they have updated beta versions which work beatifully under windows 7
    http://www.cccp-project.net/beta/

Cold Storm says thanks.
  17. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I didn't know there was beta stuff for CCCP... Why don't they just make it a full update?? Because they where waiting for Win7??

I'll add it to the op..

As for the warning. I just want to keep this thread clean and safe.. It seems that the first 100 pages have been great, but now where slacking on the fact of the talks of torrents.. I just want to keep this thread going guys. I don't want to see a person on this thread "banned" due to just talking about anime. Not something I'd be happy to hear about.

18. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    the betas are a work in progress, but they're aiming at fixing any issue with win7 (such as aero getting disabled when playing movies, or subtitles being broken) - and they work well.

latest betas seem about improving performance with H264 files, fixing icon thumbnails and getting DXVA support working more reliably.

Cold Storm says thanks.
  19. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    So, the 9/01/09 version of the beta's should be the best to do? Also, does it need to have all 3 patches dled and used? Or, is the patches used for the "normal" dl products?

20. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    patches are for old versions, ignore those.

Just grab the latest - i always update as they come out, and have had no issues.

For some tips on setting it up, see the link in my sig about DXVA - most of it applies to vista as well (minus the codecs built in to 7 part)

Cold Storm says thanks.
  21. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:

All right, I'll even add that to the op... I'll set up a "fix" section to the op so we can have easier access to it all.

22. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=CCCP_Beta_Testing_Guide#Changelog

There's the changelog for the betas. I'm currently running the 09-01b beta. No issues so far, But I have noticed that in 7, I have to disable the MS H.264 and mpeg2 audio codecs altogether for ps3 media server to work properly.

Win7 dsfilter tweaker can come in handy for setting priority on the video codecs. The only way I have found to stop the MS audio codec tho, is to rename/delete the codec completely eliminating it.

Cold Storm says thanks.
  23. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    thanks Wile e, will add those too, seems I need to turn on my computer so i can update the op! lol.. Got 5 taps up trying to add to the op now... lol

24. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    also, just a little something from the first page

Anime comes from the word animation. its just that the japanese cant pronounce it.

The only reason anime and cartoons are different is that in america there is a (slowly weakening) preconception that "cartoons are for kids" - the japs realised different, and made a lot of mature, adult content with sexual themes, violence, and special effects that just cant be done in live action.

japanese cartoons (anime) come in everything from pokemon (for children) to elfen lied (for adults, with blood and gore)

Cold Storm says thanks.
  25. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think Resident Evil Degeneration can kind of be described as anime, if you stretch the term more than a little bit...
    This was rented by my dad by accident (he thought that it was live action). It's what can be expected from resident evil films but in CGI, that is pretty much all that can be said about it.