1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Vicodin?

2. Gilletter

Gilletter

Thanks Received:
    yeah, this stuff hurts, so they give you pain killers to help out. It's the chicken pox virus resurging and basically just attacks some nerve cells, causing blistering and severe pain.

3. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Started Bakemonogatari. Probably the best anime since my current bout of animetitus.

4. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Dont u dare to miss Madoka if you have the time, you will be surprised by it in no time...

I have finished watching Fantastic children today, let me just tell everyone that it was a fantastic masterpiece with a grabbing story...
    Read it, no big spoiler and will just tell what the story is about, just a little hint...
    I wrote it myself as part of my ongoing review of the story...

You know there is something fantastic about this story when you read the title and look at the image...
    This story starts as a simple adventure when Helga runs away and Thoma takes it upon himself to help her out and protect her, as if it was fate, on the shadows a group of mysterious white haired kids gather together for an unknown purpose, traveling trough the centuries looking for someone.
    Helga is also looking for something and she decides to embark on a journey to find the place of her dreams and Thoma decides to follow her after she runs from the island, in his path he crosses with the Béfort children whose objective is the same to find Helga, and thats where the true story begins and their fates intertwine together and they looks for a means to restore their past and accomplish a 500 year old mission puting their lives on the line to accomplish it revealing every secret along the path...
    Fantastic children will grab your heart and throw it into the story and you fell like you have to follow them in this fascinating story and you wont want to loose any bit of it because if you do, you might get lost and wont be able to get back...

And by the way, gg just did break blade 4 today...

5. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I'm on Episode 31 of Soul Eater... Don't tell me I'm going to be wanting more and non there!

6. Gilletter

Gilletter

Thanks Received:
    yeah, you'll be pissed where it leaves off... but don't miss it anyway! Still a good story.

Cold Storm says thanks.
  7. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    The manga's good so that makes up for it.

8. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Exactly why I do not watch a series until an entire season is subbed.

9. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Updated Spring 2011 chart
    [​IMG]

10. Shihabyooo

Shihabyooo

Thanks Received:
    Another Yu-Gi-Oh! ? Are they tryin to pull a Gundam or what ?

11. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    F*ck yeah. Thanks to my mother buying me an iphone 4 for some reason I can now watch anime in school.:rockout:

12. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    The game is still going strong.. Due to the large following on the anime series and the fact it gave way to get the game "bigger", they made the other one... Now, the 5d series of cards are selling.. So, lets see how it goes with new set of cards, new rules and such..

Yeah, can you tell that I use to play yu-gi-oh... Magic, Vs system... Never did get into Pokemon.. :roll:

13. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I watched a bunch of episodes on tv, while characters where certainly quite weird, the game itself is interesting and it actually keep me interested enough to keep watching for a while...
    I have a Manga that is a little similar but a lot better and a more fascinating world, its name is culdcept...

By the way, just pré-ordered my eva 2.2 BD copy, it will be out my march 29 and its less than 23$ on amazon.com if anyone is interested...

Cold Storm says thanks.
  14. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I'm waiting on the series to come out, then get it all in one big order... I really need to get the Kenshin (samurai X) box set..

but, due to the price of the box set... I'll wait for blu-ray... even the ova's are out there...

15. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Another thing, claymore complete bd box is dirty cheap at 29$ and completely worth it, but i dont think i would want it just to collect dust on the shelves...

And if you are waiting for all eva bds, good luck waiting, 3.0 might be released this year while theres no official date movie 2 aired 2 years latter, with luck they might keep the pacing and in 3 years we get eva 4.0, the last one and in 4 years you can buy the entire movie collection...

16. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    Whats a good way to turn a soft-subbed video with two audio tracks into a hard-subbed video with one audio track?

17. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I know I'll be waiting.. But it doesn't matter.. Its a great series, but it's nothing I "really" want to own.. Not yet at lease..

But, I do thank you for the heads up on bd's

18. Maelstrom

Thanks Received:
    Been watching saint seiya: the lost canvas. It's pretty good, been enjoying it.

19. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Try play with a software called virtualdub, its free and can be get from the net or look for something else on this site http://www.free-codecs.com/, all sorts of codec and useful software, all is freeware and shareware...

Edit: and i watched fantastic children, a fantastic classic, and started watching berserk, another great classic...
    Never been a great fan of saint seiya...

20. Maelstrom

Thanks Received:
    Ah well, if you're not a fan, you're not a fan. I say just watch what you enjoy.

Oh, kinda anime related: I changed my avatar to duke devlin, from yugioh, but not in honor of the actual show, but in honor of yugioh the abridged series, where duke devlin is bringing sexy back! Yugioh the abridge series is hilarious, watch it if you can get the chance.

21. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    You'll love Berserk. It is a masterpiece of dark fantasy (or whatever you call the gritty realistic fantasy in the Conan universe) and has a brilliant story, albeit cliched.

22. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Thats why i decided to finally do it after all these years, and since i had it laying around and have the free time...

If you loved berserk, you should take a look of Lodoss war if you didnt yet, its more or less like Berserk but more heroic...

23. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Read the first post. It has a link to my tutorial on hard subbing.

EDIT: Here's a direct link: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1526385#post1526385

The only thing that sucks about Berserk is where they ended it. Wish they would've made more.

24. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I still need to watch berserk

25. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    Coincidentally I put Lodoss war up in a tab earlier today to download.