1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    i dunno if anyone that has watched Clannad has seen this AMV from ChangitoLoko, he made of Clannad i think it's well made and fits the soon good ^^;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4b42vZ124

and i like Clannad and i was randomly stuffing around on youtube bcs i was bored somedays ago and bump'd in to it ^^
  2. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    Ishihara was re-elected. yay.
  3. Shihabyooo

Shihabyooo

Thanks Received:
    Gintama; Is it worth it ?
  4. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes
  5. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    No. ;)
  6. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't watch it...
  7. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Dog Days is turning out to be a great series. It's FUN to watch, not just funny and "fanservicey." LOL

If only that's how we do wars too, maybe our world would be a bit more fun as well. :p
  8. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Entropy.. I do want Dog Days!

As for Gintama... I've watched 3 and really don't want to go anymore into it.. But, I do have more, and I mean more to see.. So, might try some more of it..
  9. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I watch Gintama... It absolutely worths it. I like mindless joke :D.
    :roll:
  10. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Dog Days sound a bit like Zero no Tsukaima.
  11. Thassodar

Thassodar New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't care for Shin-chan either myself, but as far as different art styles go Kaiba is one of my top ten favorite anime and it looks like something from a Disney movie almost. Highly recommend Kaiba.
  12. phobias23

phobias23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    agreed, it left me a sour taste:shadedshu
  13. phobias23

phobias23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Absolutely YES!!! if you enjoy fun, so Gintama is.... FUN. Everytime i want to relax from other series i watch Gintama.
  14. morpha

morpha New Member

Thanks Received:
    So I went to a convention on saturday. Got to talk to both the Japanese and English voice actresses for Asuka (Evangelion ) and Matt Greenfield (English Director), Mike McFarland (Something to do with 1.11 and 2.22).

Got a signed boxset of Evangelion Platinum Edition and a movie poster for 2.22. The poster looks great and I will get it Framed,.. After I have Spike Spencer (Shinji Ikari) sign it in August at another convention.

After the convention I went to a concert and saw the Cherry Poppin Daddies (swing band) play. That was awesome.
  15. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Nice.

Speaking of Evangelion, when is the third movie due out?
  16. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Next year with luck...
    No dates as of yet...
  17. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    The OVAs are actually really good! :eek:

I just watched it last night...
  18. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    So out of the new crop of anime:
    Tiger and bunny 2 was a little better this week, hanasaku iroha is probably the best and most serious of the season, great characters and nice growth in just 2 episodes...

Lotte no Omocha! with rie kugimiya doing what she does best personifying a loli tsundere, lots of fun and good character, if you into loli and good comedy...

Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san (TV) this one is a blast, crude and mature humor, those who watched the ova (probably no one here) already know what this anime is capable of, you'll only understand if you see it...

Nichijou is a wacky comedy with nice characters, second episode was quite fun as well...

A-chanel is another highschool comedy, a little softer than nichijou, less absurd and more down to reality, the characters are the strong part of it, it quite enjoyable...

Maria†Holic Alive, you knows whats in if you watched first season, a lesbian girl with huge nosebleed constantly daydreaming, an "angelical" trap with an attitude, a cool cold maid also with an attitude, an then there's God with inexplicable skill's powers for her looks and above all else, great comedy, not to much "service" actually if it bothers some of you...

Sofuteni, tennis and ecchi but nothing naughty to see here, its all covered with something, the first episode was actually fun...

Henzemi, now this is more serious than any of the others, while the ova is borderline hentai with actual nudity, the amount of humor put into the series is the same crude and adult humor, lots of sexual jokes, heavy fan service but first episode didnt have actual nudity so far...
    Watch at you own risk...

Steins Gate, it was already talked here, its a cyberpunk tittle, a rare genre, with lots of mystery in the first episode, lots of unanswered questions, an interesting cast of characters, animation quality feating the genre, this is an anime where thinking is actually required to enjoy it and understand, as it seems many of the first viewers where left scratching their heads after watching it...

There's Dororon Enma-kun: Meeramera mentioned above, it is quite good too if you feel like watching something different, more retro...

There's dogs days, something about dogs and cats in a sports war, some ecchi and some comedy, still dont know if its worth watching...

There's also some shounen ai tittle going which for obvious reasons i could care less about...

There's A Thirty-Year Old`s Health and Physical Education, a tittle for 30yo virgins to learn about the pleasures of a 3d women, a pointless title with 60% of its content censored and not making any sense at all....

Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai, this one is a little weird, it starts with an harem and then there are some weird situations here and there...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I think this is all for now, this week a few more littles are starting, like C, kaminomi 2, blue exorcist, deadman wonderlan, Aria the scarlet ammo,
    Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, and a few others...
    Cold Storm says thanks.
  19. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Seitokai no Ichizon? Y/N?
  20. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Heard its fun, but i skipped it after watching the first episode that was all talk between characters...
  21. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Yes. It would also be having a second season.
  22. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    gundam unicorn 3 is out, BSS have released their BD rips. :)
  23. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    YAYYY UNICORN!!!

Right...
  24. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Buu more mecha crap...

Just watched the new bleach episode, its starts with a brand new cool op full with action and hints to the new story which look promising, a lot is happening in the first episode already and soul society is in chaos, even Kon found himself a hot looking naked mysterious chick and brought her home...

I dont think this is related with the manga's main story which more or less i know where it is at, but from the looks of it there's going to be a lot of action...
    Cold Storm says thanks.
  25. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Boo more Bleach crap....