1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Who's CM... lol.. Nah, I never have a problem at you promoting the site..

pm me on Wednesday if the link isn't changed... I'm off then so I know I'll have some time to do it
  2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:

if its related to the thread at hand, mentioning it once or twice doesnt hurt. just dont spam it out every page.
  3. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I wonder who he is too, lol...

Just thought i'd do it because of the change and also to correct the url provided on the first page...
  4. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Just finished watching Chrome Shelled Regios.... Yeah, it had shape to be an anime that could last some 50 episodes.. but fall short.. with the last 6 episodes rushing together..

Blah... I hate that..
  5. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Watched ep 78 of Fairy Tail...it's finally a major arc, the Edoras Arc! LOL
  6. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I watched too, it was a very fun ep, and lol at badass lucy...
    Have you watched the ova that got subbed last week??
  7. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Haven't watched it yet, maybe after the 12-ep series I'm watching are through. :laugh:
  8. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    its just an half an hour episode, for now...
  9. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I like Fairy tail aswell, its my top anime atm
  10. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Why, it's that guy in GN asking about a very weird movie! :roll:
  11. xanimefreak

xanimefreak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yup! your right about that.... wish I could watch anime from 1980s onwards..... I feel Mainstream Anime stories and plots are limited. The Older ones are much more richer in stories.
  12. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    If you think about ao exorcist, kaminomi, and many others, you have a point, these are never to exciting...

I wont get in detail about the 80's, i know a few titles but its was long ago...

In the 90's many masterpieces that redefined the industry where made, the golden age of the anime...

But speaking of the 80's there are a few titles that capture those times very well, when many of the "world masterpiece theater" anime where made, but in the XXI century, even these days there are still titles of the famous "world masterpiece theater" being made, like "anne of green gables" or "Les Miserables: Shoujo Cosette", these are modern masterpieces of other times...
    I could give you another example, Saiunkoku monogatari, it is a beautiful story loosely based on ancient china, less about wars but more of a romantic story with heavy political and economical influences...
    Kemono Souja erin, i have said it many times, this is a fairy tail like those you only read on child books, but dont let the childish book cover fool you, this is a very serious story, while any children of a certain age could enjoy it, only a grown up adult can fully understand this complex world...
    Another perfect example: Emma: A Victorian Romance, this is another great story, watching it, is like reading a romance...

Those are some examples of the best that was made in the early 00's because in more recent times, there are great examples of the best that has been made...

In no specific order: Letter bee, it is an unique fantasy tales on a unique and unreproducible world, the beautiful animation, strong character and a good story to make it move forward, makes it a masterpiece...
    Madoka, this years strongest "hit", this is an anime that broke every convention, any rules, guidelines that might have existed where broken and a genre was redefined, fans raged and cried in almost every episode, legions followed it and it is the best selling anime in history, and for a reason, fantastic animation, strong and interesting characters, fantastic music and an unpredictable story...

Wandering son, beautiful animation and character design, an unique story, a bold move, but the way it deals with life specially for some maladjusted ppl on society, it shows us how they deal with it their way...

Level E, a healthy mix of comedy and sci-fi, based on old but successful manga, it shows that you dont need an harem or a female only cast to do comedy, and not much anime can fool you twice in a row, the anime will fool even itself in the end...

Shiki, simply the best horror anime after the classic higurashi naku koru ni and the best about vampires...

Just some examples

The solution to your problem is not watching mainstream anime, every season there are a few titles that escape the mainstream stream of anime, and even once in a while a titles is made that redefines a genre or invents a new one...

You probably just dont watch enough anime or dont know where to look...

I have a tip for you, check my posts from page 300 onward, i have made some quality recomendations, and made an extensive exposition of what anime is airing nowadays and whats worth picking up...
  13. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
  14. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Just got my first Aqua manga today, along with 2 other biomega books, and received the second on Monday...

So eagerly, i started to read it right away, im a little disappoint in tokyopop for not coloring some of the pages that should be colored in the originals, that detracts a little from the beauty of those pages...
    Nonetheless the story is exactly what i wanted to see, i wanted to read the story from the beginning, if you have watched or read Aria, you should know that by the time they start Akari is already a single, knows Aika, Akatsuki and a few other already, watching flashbacks in the anime of Akari's early days made me want to find out where it all started so i bought the Aqua manga that is the start f the story...
  15. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith

Thanks Received:
    So Steins Gate for me wins this seasons anime award.

So far i am only following:

Steins Gate - Every episode has yet another twist and mysteriousness in it. (hope they dont kill it in the end)
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II (watching it because i read the manga...... >_< and enjoyed it)
    Hidan no Aria - Not bad but lets see how will they relate them to the whole Sherlock Holmes theme.
    Hana-Saku Iroha - Very down to earth anime in a way.
    Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - A good theme for the anime i just hope they deliver the answers in the next episodes.

Will most likely watch the rest when i have more free time.
  16. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Just finished reading Aqua, it was a great manga, as i mentioned it works as a prequel to both the Aria manga and anime, but some of the events in aqua actually appear in the anime in different order, knowing the anime very well, sometimes it feels a little strange, but i like it because im of the opinion anime doesnt need to follow the manga in every line, it is better to add a little something different so both feel different and refreshing...
    Interesting was also adding Alice-chan in the last bonus chapter without introducing her first, the characters in the omake squares where like
    "oh? And who might you be?" and then "So? Really... Who are you?"

I recomend Reading this manga, only two volumes, either you buy i like i did or read online, it is a great read, and an easy too...

Now i feel like watching aria the animation for the first time already because of how different the manga was that i feel eager to do it again, and start reading Aria, but i only have the first one but i already have the scanlations too, just in case...
  17. phobias23

phobias23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    :DIm waiting for more eps to come out, I stopped at 62. I cant wait to have 30eps in my power!!!
    watching just one every week gets me on my nervs. I cant remember how many times One piece have done that with me, still do...:respect:
    glad to hear that the anime keeps interesting.:toast:
  18. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    FT ep 79, great!! Revelations and development and lucy beating Natsu...

Deadman Wonderland 5: Epic!!
    Good woodpeck fight, the penalty game resulting from the Carnival Corpse is simply brutal and as a result heavy censored...
    Finally Shiro has a display of capabilities, her raw nature is unleashed, the result is something that needs to be censored...
    Do keep in mind that the anime is heavily censored, there are insane levels of gore and some people start praising the censors, otherwise there would be lots of sick ppl after watching the episode...
    An ex of the manga:
    [​IMG]

Also, music is fantastic for the show...
    Next week there seems they will introduce a major player...

But honesty, id rather they didnt censor it, it takes a little from the fun...
  19. THRiLL KiLL

THRiLL KiLL

Thanks Received:
    deadman kicked ass last episode.

started watching bleach again.

i hate this, it is awesome again (starting at epsiode 317) :banghead:
  20. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
  21. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Very original and interesting, yeah...
  22. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    Cold Storm says thanks.
  23. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Thats actually a fun one for FMA fans...
  24. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
  25. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    Mussels and Cold Storm say thanks.