1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    Ah yes. Noiseman Sound Insect. I remember watching that. It was... different.

2. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Macross Zero, macross, macross 7 and dynamite and last macross F, then there many side stories movies ovas and the sort...

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=rel&aid=77

Batou1986 says thanks.
  3. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Macross zero,SDF Macross,SDF Macross Do you remember love?,Macross Plus,Macross 7,Macross 7 ,Macross Frontier.
    There be no Fire bomber without the YF-19 i believe from Plus.

4. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I actually have everything, it took some work to collect everything, specially quality old rips, but only watch some:
    Zero, Macross Do you remember love and F, nothing else...
    The rest requires a huge marathon to watch, and even though macross is good, watching something so old and "unimpressive" for today's standards is kind of a turn off...

5. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    I actually watched macross f to start with a year or so ago.
    Recently i watched macross zero which i thought was awesome even tho it was short, i really dig the top gun aspect of it as i have always been a huge fan of military aircraft and air combat stuff.

Tbh considering the original series aired 3 years before i was born im thoroughly enjoying it :D the sound quality bothers me more then visuals.

Someone please tell me there was a decent macross game at some point i really want to fly one of the VF's.

6. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    There is a good Macross/Robotech game out there...

Robotech/Battle Cry

I had it when I had my ps2. I loved that game.

Batou1986 says thanks.
  7. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    So out of boredom (Wednesdays are awful for anime) i went and watched Shiki first episode all in glorious 1080p, a shame my screen looks so mall sometimes...
    Light's out phones in and volume up, thats the best way to enjoy it, and ive been wanting to rewatch it for a while, even hold down on watching the two bd specials so i could watch it all...
    I also sort of blogged the entire anime as well, i just had too...

I warned you
    From the first episode, Shiki is very refreshing, the setting, the rural village looks beautifully portrayed , the characters design is very unique and it is what make the anime this refreshing, it’s clear Megumi doesn’t blend with this setting, I even thought she'd be some sort of spirit, but she isn’t, Megumi clearly looks out of place. Something is going on in this small town and its already making its first victims, first the elderly and now Megumi compelled by her nature, her hatred toward the village and love for the modern and the western, she seems to have been caught in something by something and as left the world she knew before, now what lies in wait for her that is no longer alive and for the village??
    Now all is left is wait for a new episode and gain a further understanding of what is going on and what is Megumi's fate...

The animation in Shiki is very good, making the nature really stand out, even the little details like bugs or worms is realistically drawn, but its lively characters stand out in the picture, nothing looks dull here and everything is well portrayed...

The music on Shiki Is excellent, tuned up with some beautiful eerie songs, these match perfectly the mood at every times...

It improves with the flow, the blogging, and of course the anime...

8. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I'm finally downloading the remaining Shiki eps, although due to speed constraints I'm getting the 720p versions from Coalgirls instead of 1080p. Thus far I now have 15-20 from them, only 3 eps left. I already got the first 14 when it was still airing from a different group.

9. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Closest you get to use the Macross planes is by having a japanese PS2 or mod your PS2.
    Which is called super dimensional fortress Macross for PS2.
    Also there is Macross Ace Frontier and Triangle Frontier for the PSP,again you can flash a PSP to be able to play these games.
    There is also the popular A.C.E/Another Century's Episode 2 and 3 and R,2 and 3 are on PS2 which is only released in Japan and also R which is a PS3 exclusive again only available in Japan but can be ordered on Ebay.

10. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    does anybody here watch mitsudomoe and idolmaster?

11. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    The former's on-hold while I dropped the latter. Most of my "Idolm@ster" viewing is from hentai doujins, and not from the game or the anime (in whatever form; never watched the previous ones, while I dropped the "more faithful to the game" series that's currently airing). :laugh:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  12. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    lol
    yeah got to know idolmaster also from some h doujin.

and mitsudomoe?
    i cannot get any link that works

13. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    What do you mean, you cant download mitsudomoe??

Mitsudomoe is a riot, and Idolm@aster is a nice watch, i have watched many idol anime before, so this is just another one, and maybe the best so far, but nothing comparable with white album which is essentially also an idol anime, but with drama and proper story, not to mention proper characters and proper music too...

14. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    some file has little to no seed, but ill try to download it,,

i just got to ep.3 of it completed

15. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    Grab it of the stupid site (see what I did there). I tend to dl stuff at 4-5mb/s from there.

16. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    blurring the line between anime and cartoon to the point that no one has any fucking clue what reality is:

[​IMG]

17. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    im downloading it now at 200-300kBps, due to bandwidth limitations.
    lol

18. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Apparently my account's inactive there already. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Most probably because of my awful ratio.

IT'S NOT MY F***ING FAULT MY UPLOAD PEAKS AT 0.02mbps AT BEST.

Even if I do reach triple digits in download speeds, 20-25kBps is the "best" I can do for upload.

19. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    dont stop when you've completed your download then.
    the ratio will get better,
    heck for this one file, my upload is 4 times as big as the file itself

20. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    I tend to keep "things" constantly seeding. If you leave your computer on all the time this makes a massive difference.
    My ratio is 1.518 with 1242gb ULed. That's with an upload speeds of 0-100kb/s usually closer to 0.

21. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I always turn off the computer. The only times I have decent download speeds would be...later. When this PC is turned off and I'm asleep. Right now it's still in the two digits, while my upload has already peaked hours earlier.

In Nyaa my ratio is 0.17. :laugh:

22. Shihabyooo

Shihabyooo

Thanks Received:
    Not something you can do if your ISP throttles your connection when detecting torr non HTTP downloads traffic >.> . Notice, I said connection not downloads. As in the entire connection. You can't even surf the net while doing that thing :banghead:

Changing the subject before any mod jumps in. For those who watched the 7th ep of Katangatari
    Togami's new haircut, like or dislike ?

23. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    I liked the long hair. Went better with the art style and direction.
    Well there's your problem. :p

EDIT: I've started watching Venture Bros. It is awesome.

24. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    How is that really a problem? So your ISP offering the speeds you're supposed to be having all the time would only come out in the middle of the early morning is not a problem? It's not "throttling" though, unless Facebook games suddenly need a lot of bandwidth (since my mother's also using the connection, and is obviously in use even when I'm at school)...

25. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    Most ISP's throttle. I have to leave things seeding for the total elapsed time of weeks sometimes just to reach a 1:1 ratio.