1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    You can start with the ones above, they all fall mostly in the fantasy genre, but im sure they wont disappoint...

Fourstaff says thanks.
  2. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Oko, going to see what internets offer me.

3. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    What they offer best is strong plot and strong characters, some coupled with fantastic art and animation and others more fairy tale like like erin, it is almost like reading a good book...

4. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    I am probably going to settle for something which is faster paced for now, Saiunkoku Monogatari while very good has stretched my patience a bit.

5. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Moribito, nadia and now and then are more like that, moribito setting is absolutely gorgeous, intricate story and fast pace action; Nadia is a mix of complex plot, good setting and some little action, it might move slower sometimes; Now and then i believe is fast paced, there's a war going after all...

Mushishi is very relaxed and takes time to appreciate the wonders it has to offer...

Erin is a beautiful story, simple yet complex, it has a lot of time to develop at its own pace and times when there isnt much going on, but watching it is rewarding...

But if you want breath taking anime, guren lagan, baccano, black lagoon, desert punk, gits, claymore, Katanagatari or kara no kyoukai, but im sure you already watched most of these...

The most breath taking movie i watched recently would be redline, if you're into races, then you will love it...

6. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    I am not touching Gainax stuff anytime soon (for various reasons including but not limited to messed up anime, storyline giving headaches), watched Black Lagoon, GITS didn't draw me in after the first few episodes, so I am going to give it another try few months from now, Claymore didn't hold my attention either, watched KnK and Katanagatari already.

7. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Shiki update:

Eleventh slaughter
    This episode was a little slow compared with the usual, but at the same time there were some interesting developments: The first was the old wise women, she is aware of the risen and is the first to arise and try to reach the population, leading finally to the kanemasa residence, while the doctor confronted by the women and having had his own experience with the "Risen", denies their existence while he doesn’t deny an opportunity to see with his own eyes the Kanemasa and if possible to examine them, the skies above “open” and the Sun is allowed to shine upon Seishirou, as if accepting him, and while inspecting him, Seishirou displays all the signs of a normal living Human, this proves Seishirou is very alive and that there is something different in him and Tatsumi, different from Sunako and Chizuru…

Sunako visits the priest again, they talk about his new story, a much appropriated one about the young brother killed by his older brother who had risen from the death and decided to follow his older brother, Muroi calls him “Shiki”, while listening to the story, Sunako was very pleased as if she identified herself in it, she looked very happy and bright, but something about her makes her look eternally sad, perhaps her expressionless eyes, as Muroi says, as if she was “forsaken by the Gods”, he then asks of her if she is "Abel" one of the protagonists of the story who was killed by his brother and "risen" to follow him, this proved an interesting moment between the two, and Sunako decides to retire herself...
    There is a minor variation between tv and bd's at the end of this episode, during airing time, shiki had a two week break, and ep 11 culminates with a pv of things to come and it actually spoils things all the way up to ep 14, it worked for the tv episodes, because it left a huge cliffhanger, making wait even harder and grabbing the audience to come back for more...
    It is only adequate that they removed the pv from the bds not spoiling anyone to early...

Twelfth Decay
    There really wasn’t much development this week beside Natuno nearing his end and Megumi's taking action for the “Shiki”...
    Also Natsuno's father might as well be speeding his death and his mother didn’t look so well this episode she too has fallen victim of the “Shiki”...

Thirteenth Tragedy
    it continues to develop ever so slowly, nothing exciting has happened and it only served to confirm Natsuno's death as well Ms Osaki's death and the start of the doctor's experiments on her, it Is also revealed Natsuno’s mother “run” away after learning of her son’s death, perhaps forced to do so, or taken away by the shiki...
    The Head Monk, it is not revealed but the Junior Monk suspects he might know something...
    Megumi is having fun as usual...

Fourteenth Death:
    This is the turning point for Shiki...
    This is when both sides start getting more aggressive…
    There is an update on Yuki's status and Megumi decides to destroy the Tanaka's family, but not before destroying her "friend" Kaori's happiness by paying her a visit and announcing her dad's death, She is cold blooded as ice, doing all she ever wished for...
    We also get to see Masao after a while; he is happily getting beaten to a pulp by Megumi...
    Now on to the serious side of the episode, Osaki-sensei takes his time to scientifically dissect his first shiki, who is none other than his wife, he tries to react with her body in many ways, either by using chemicals or physically, or using certain symbols, culminating with the use of a big wood Stake through her hearth, finally making the shiki succumb to her death, Kyouko had a cruel and agonizing death...
    Next week should keep the interest up...
    After a series of slower episodes, Shiki is starting to advance faster...

8. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I think I'll watch Shiki once I get caught up with Fairy Tail.. Got done watching epi 40 last night.. Almost caught up!

9. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    tomorrow is the end of nichijou

:'(

10. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    "Almost"? Well, you're still not even halfway (98 is the latest ep, new arc's starting already) so I won't call that "almost"... :p

Cold Storm says thanks.
  11. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Started Steins;Gate after intense lobbying by my friends. First few episodes makes not much sense at all, but it gets better. Currently on episode 5, will update once I finish.

12. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Nichijou is over, it was a reaally great last episode, filled with little details and lots of fun...
    Will be missed...

13. twilyth Guest

Finally discover English Dub Kingdom (and dubhappy). Just got the whole second season of d.gray-man. I was really pissed when I got left hanging on the edge of the dock in episode 26. Now I can finally watch the rest of it.

BTW. Who the fuck carries the first season of something but not the second - I mean, beside netfux that is? Huh? Cause I really want to know.

14. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
  15. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    nichijou will be missed, same as yuruyuri.

great ending, lots of small details, and lots of new things.

and also way to spend lots of ichigo cakes.

cant wait for next few days :D

16. twilyth Guest

Yeah, but I can't dl the dubs with stream transport so I said fuck em. I hate Hulu anyway. Thanks though.

17. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Forgot that you didn't like them.. Sorry about that.. and I can understand.

:toast:

18. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Can someone help identify this manga for me pls?

A highschool student who can see memory of things by touching it (ex. murder weapon).

He helps a female police officer to solve murder cases.

The manga has similar style to GTO and possibly from the same period of time.

19. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    could it be detective conan? thats a guess as i never saw the show, but it know its an older detective show.

20. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Nah, Conan has no psy power... and artstyle looks nothing alike o_O.

21. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Nah, there aren't any major female police officers there. The recurring female characters would be his sister and his girlfriend.

Kindaichi Case Files? Remote?

22. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Nope, it has a very similar style to GTO.. dark and kinda pervy

23. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    City Hunter? lol

kid41212003 says thanks.
  24. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    City Hunter is more on the realistic side.

This highschool kid has psychic power... if he touches objects of people who were murdered, he can see their pasts.

25. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    thats called psychometry, which may help you google it.

kid41212003 says thanks.