1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    drawings?

2. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, they forgot to remove the production directions from the final version.

Reading Nurarihyon no Mago ch. 171 atm, then I'd go back to playing Lunar: SSH on my PSP then go to sleep. :p

3. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I keep tellin ppl to do it when they come asking for stuff...

You are wrong sir, working!! was first, then Busou Shinki (it was an interesting watch, similar to CLAMP's angelic layer) and now ika...

Actually that version was fail, it failed to play my mp4 files so i updated to the 25\9 beta which works better...

Edit: just watched the movie Mai Mai miracle, it had a nice ghibli production feel, but from the classics, its a 2009 movie that just got subbed recently, very good animation, very good story and very enjoyable, i can be watched by anyone of any age...

4. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    working pre-air was first yes.

but the actual series is not out yet

5. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I'm not wrong as it was just a preview episode (albeit a full-length one). What happened with Working'!! is akin to what happened to Sekirei: Pure Engagement before, the first ep was released in June but the series only started in July.

6. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    Akikan also had a full ep preview, if I remember correctly.

They're pulling a Gintama.

7. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  8. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Steins;Gate is really good.

9. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Shiki:
    Fifteenth Deceit

After last week's horrors, this episode was "calmer" and returned to the usual slow but surely pace, there wasn’t much going on except Chizuru Kirishiki declaring herself to Osaki's sensei and a look into the way the Kirishiki are running things up their way…
    Osaki tries to drop hints about the situation amongst some of his closer friends and try to gather support, but up to this point, no one believes him yet, even the junior monk as left him...
    Its only at the end that Natsuno shows up in front of the doctor and tells he's not alone...
    Judging from the preview, next week will be frenetic...

Also finally Tatsumi's revealed to be an werewolf, I knew from the moment I saw him he reeked of dog, he also doesn't have any of the vulnerabilities of the shiki or limitations, like being able to walk in plain day or entering an house freely...

10. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    lately the only anime ive been watching is hentai :laugh:

11. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    I have elevated Steins;Gate to must watch of 2011 along with Madoka.

Going to start Ika Musume de geso!

12. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Those two are the most of the year...
    Denpa onna was in my opinion the most "fabulous", just watching Erio "glittering" could kill someone from nosebleed...

Now back to something more serious as i continue my Shiki blogging:

Sixteenth Skull

On this episode, Sunako's past is partially revealed...
    Sunako seems to have had a tragic past, after having been raised in the middle of nobility, she one day awakes trapped inside a coffin and latter founds herself alone in the world…
    It is interesting though, Sunako has an unnatural beauty and an easy personality and it makes it hard to dislike her, or doubt her at all, just because she is a “monster” or that is how Humans sees her…

Things on the village continue dire, Megumi's walks through town singing happily like she is having the best days of her life, when she encounters her last meal, the Tanaka kids father, Megumi vilely persuades him to attack his own family, Akira after seeing his mother in a vegetative state, decides to go on the offense and kill one of the Shiki, but he gets caught and is prepared as a midnight snack...
    Natsumo and Osaki seem to be conspiring against the shiki, but watching Natsumo walking in broad daylight seems strange...
    Shiki is definitely getting better and better with each episode and I love every bit of it...
    Next week looks there will be blood...

Seventeenth Killing Spirit

This is what i originally wrote back when the episode aired normally, after rewatching it, i think it still is appropriate and i dont need to write anything else...

Madness, this is madness, suddenly the pace moves at a furious speed...
    Everyone that didn’t "die" yet, is either falling to madness, to the point of digging their own grave, literally or being actively hunted...
    There is no stopping the threat, not the Junior Monk or even the Doctor...
    Next week preview shows the continuation of this madness...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  13. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    just have the time to watch mayo chiki,
    damn that dude,

denpa onna also good, i have to buy the nendoroid because of erio

14. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Eighteenth Death

Unforeseen, unexpected, unpredictable...
    I certainly didn’t see it coming, when all seemed lost, the tide of the war changes...
    A little twist added to Natsumo's reality, while I didn’t expect it, his behavior was different from that of a "Shiki" from the start so it wasn’t unexpected, just like Tatsumi, the kanemasa guardian...
    Nurse Ritsuko, has risen and from the moment she awakens, she is fully aware of her being, given her knowledge of the Human body, it was interesting to watch, even for the Shiki themselves...
    It is by the end of the episode, that Ozaki unveils the “risen” reality to the entire village by taking advantage of Shizuro’s curiosity and fooling her, Ozaki had manage to administer self treatment to himself, in the early stage of the infection, thanks to his prior knowledge, he succeeded to do a blood transfer and avoid to be completely possessed by the virus…

Even though Shiki is no longer a surprise and unpredictable for me, it still retains the same impact while watching for the second time...

15. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I watched the first few eps of the two and they're two of the most overrated shows of the year.

16. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    for madoka, wait until you get to later episodes,

i cant comment on steins gate because a havent wathced it

17. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    madoka and steins both have slow starts. its the kind of show that gets more and more complex as it progresses.

18. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    madoka is slow until few later episodes.

well to much of a shock at episode 3 though

19. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Although I'm not really "watching" them, I read some RC posts about the two series of the episodes that went beyond the ones I did watch. They're not that "great", good maybe, but not "great" or must watch.

So far only Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko and Mawaru Penguindrum warrants that. And Break Blade (since they're "movies", you can say that the ones released in 2011 were 2011 shows even though the first movie was released in 2010).

Kamisama Dolls redeemed itself a bit for me with how well it ended, a good "cliffhanger" so to speak.

20. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    i watch only first 2 eps of denpa onna, and that convince me to get the erio nendoroid,

the only shows im watching right now is mayo chiki, baka test, and rozen maiden traumend

21. THRiLL KiLL

THRiLL KiLL

Thanks Received:
    im just getting sick of the horriblesub clones. i keep having to mod my rss feeds :cry:

22. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    I almost gave up for both, but my friends insisted on me to finish them, so I did and I am glad I did, both of them are slow start anime, and ends strongly, something which is getting less and less popular as directors clamour to get the attention of viewers with an explosive start (which then slows down to a crawl).

At the end of the day, I think its down to individual preferences, and to me those 2 are really good.

23. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    This.
    I've been on ep 9 of Madoka since ep 9 came out.
    Not sure about Steins gate, though. I'll watch the bd rips I have after finishing Babylon 5.

24. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Madoka is not for you then. I find it rather polarising, its either you think its really good, or its just "another magical girl anime which is just popular".

25. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I like the anime, but i still hate kyouhei and hibino, god i hate kyhouhei's voice, in any show it appears, and hibino for being oversized and plain normal, Kuko (demented personality), Mahiro (crazy, yandere, demented bitch and strong, how many female "heroines" like her??), and utau the faces she makes are hilarious, and she isnt weak either...

Madoka redefines the genre previously composed of mostly cute girls doing cute things with cute mascots and pink powers, Being Nanoha an exception that redefined the genre by itself by proposing an action magical girl show, Madoka goes further and it isnt afraid of the consequences, the future in Madoka is grim and being a magical girl means
    giving up your life

steins Gate is unique, and no other anime presented such setting, good characters and story, it has never been done...

So both of these are original in the anime world...