1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    No, i dont think its comic and not quite shoujo, it is seinen...

2. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Fairy Tail movie to premier 8/18/2012.

3. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Speaking of which, HUUUGE build up, god so much tension, even Makarov, this is going to last a couple months at least just to solve all fights...

4. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Man, I need to get up on Fairy Tail... I'm still around 75.. lol..

I've been watching Air Gear.. I thought I watched it, but I couldn't remember the ending.. at Trick 22 right now.. Its good.. but it seems after Trick 20 it's getting rushed in story..

5. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    It was very good until it was over...
    There's the ovas too, but they are a serious mess and are mostly for fans of the manga, not directly related to the anime though...

6. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    just watched C3 and fate zero.

C3, oh look new enemy....
    and theres small funny bits though

and fate zero,
    no comment about that

7. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I will comment:
    [​IMG]

Thats one fine merc there, thats a genuine jewel...

8. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I will not be Iris's passenger, my life is too important for that.

Edit: Car is 300SL, no computer assisted traction control back then. Give her something more manageable instead, I might reconsider.

9. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    There is a newer version of the car, the guys from top gear (i think the ones from the American program) think the old one is better...

Just watched C3, the anime is surprisingly good, interesting, it is actually quite original and good looking too...
    New enemy\character is interesting as well, she isnt evil like the bitch, and being voiced by Chiwa saito and sounding like Homura makes her even more likable, hope she is added to the mc's harem...

10. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Either way if you don't have traction control with a driver like Irisviel I will not be the passenger .

Other than C3, F/Z, Guilty Crown, Mirai Nikki, Shana III and Ika Musume S2, what else should I watch from this season so far? Ben-to and Boku wa tomodachi are going to be picked up when I have time.

11. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Working, you cant go wrong with that one...
    Horizon where every episode gives you a mind fuck, you seriously need to pay a lot of attention and thinking not to get lot...

Persona is kinda meh so far...

UN-GO is seriously good, a good detective show...

Tamayura is a sort of K-on, A-channel replacement, cute girls doing cute things, the theme is photography and it a very lightered show to watch with good comedy levels and a very good cast...
    Check the Ova first if you want to, or not because episode 1 happens before the ova, ep 2 onwards takes place after the ova...

Last exile, is the most hyped anime of the season, the pressure on a studio that is betting its resurrection on it and the quality is astounding to say the least, although character have been dumbed down and modified (probably), it is still one of a kind...

Carnival phantasm, 2 ep/month if im not mistaken, it would be crime to miss this, type moon character are having a blast with it, like watching Berserker going on an errand to buy Ilya's some batteries for her playstation pad and destroying half city in the process...

I think this pretty much covers everything, the rest are just harem/fan service types...
    There one about cute boys doing cute things
    There's bakuman season 2, only if you watched the first, if not dont bother...

And then there's Chihayafuru, i think its a very good anime, but the theme is very original and might not be interesting to everyone...

Fourstaff says thanks.
  12. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    the car is damn nice car, 300SL. the gullwing,

i agree you can go wrong with working, nice comedy, and great characters.

13. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    All right, so I hit 80 now on Fairy Tail.. Man, that's some crazy stuff going on!

14. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I've noticed that most of my fav animes were made around 2004-2006.

New animes are not bad, but they've been using a lot of computer effects which make everything shiny and "sharp". I don't really hate them, but it doesn't give you "that" feeling like in older anime.

It probably costs more to product quality as Ghibli studio, but older animes seem to be up there at least.

Don't anime nowadays seem bland to you? Like how the background is drawn - a lot of lighting effects but lacking in details.

The script for dialogues are not as good too. There are something wrong with it... as it's not as naturally or believable. It seems as it is written by a very young writer that doesn't put much thought in it.

15. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    i dont see any problem with the script with madoka,
    that is some seriously thinked plot and that damn kyuubey

16. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Haven't watched Working S1 yet, so I will skip that for the time being. Will check out Horizon then. Probably not going to watch UN-GO or Tamayura. Haven't watched the first Last Exile, so Season 2 is out too. Watching Carnival Phantasm, only T-M fans need to apply, others will not understand. Haven't watched Bakuman either, and will check out Chihayafuru.

17. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    It took 5 eps to get to some semblance of a story, and it's barely a viable plot.

Has nothing to do with the first Last Exile, just happens to share the same world. Much like how the first Valkyria Chronicles is related to Valkyria Chronicles II (I'm talking about the games here) only by the fact that the story takes place in the very same country.

18. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Thats true, you will only be lost for a couple episodes while watching LE2, after that you start to understand whats going on, even i was a little lost at first, have watched LE ages ago, and i actually downloaded some dvd rips to watch beforehanded, but i havent yet...

And i think you could try Un-go and see if it strikes your curiosity...

19. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I'm downloading it but yet to watch. Same thing happened with Dantalian no Shoka (have downloaded eps but yet to watch them). :p

20. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    last exile - steampunk airplanes.

once you remember that much, the rest makes sense pretty quickly, since the stories arent really tied together (at least so far)

21. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Ep 4, was reaally good, Sylvana is back, and with modifications...

I just started to re-watch the original, it still looks great after all this years, although Fam Fan looks better, more refined animation...
    But its good to see Claus and Lavie again in the original...

22. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I'm only on episode 2 of the new one but I'm liking it.. Now for the first.. I felt so good watching it.. Felt good remembeing the one that has passed.. Just thinking.. Man, what did he think about it... About this episode.. that...

I know tomorrow night I need to watch up on all that..

23. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    watched C3 until ep 5, its okay i guess, ep6 seems to be out will watch it later, Still more on Mirai Nikki, Tomodachi Sukunai and Working!! for this season, with some minor Fate/Zero, Ben-To, C3, Ika Musume-degeso (wtf they spoke engrish).
    Wish there was some more Arakawa under the Bridge tho hehe, wouldn't mind for a 3rd season. And 3rd season of hajime no ippo please and still wishing for a franken fran anime XD. Kinda miss Yondemasuyo azazel san as well :(

24. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Shaft is to busy right now for more Arakawa, they are producing 3 Madoka movies and are going to start very soon new bakemonagatari works, these are very high budget works that require a lot of effort from the company, they are also producing a new Hidamari Sketch called Dai 4-ki and just released a 2 ep Hidamari ova...

Its good to see one of the best modern studios doing so well and bring high quality anime for all of us...

Perhaps when they have some free time they will make more Arakawa...

25. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    ill wait for 3 madoka movies and nisemonogatari,