1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Ignore it. Watch something else, check the others that are currently airing that you haven't watched yet. Rinne no Lagrange, Mouretsu Pirates, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Black★Rock Shooter, Mirai Nikki, Nisemonogatari, Papa no Iukoto no Kikinasai!, Senki Zesshou Symphogear, Ano Natsu de Matteru, Another...

2. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    I dropped symphogear,
    not exactly my type, but quite nice anime,

and i'm going to watch ano natsu now

3. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I got 2 with my brs ultra special collectors edition for about 50$

It's alright, we love our OP kempachi, incredible Hulk VS Kempachi, the outcome is obvious...

I just watched this movie called Gyo...
    It was the most grotesque movie i ever watched, seriously, HSOTD is kids stuff compared...
    I recommend it as a challenge for the strong of stomach...
    You will never look at fish the same way...

4. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    ah, that one with the petit nendoroids,

[​IMG]
    that eyes

sorry for the bad image quality, its out of a blackberry 9800

5. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Story, Guilty Crown? Nice attempt to troll there :slap:

6. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    it does have a story is it?

7. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Lagrange is no better than Guilty Crown, I wouldn't recommend Pirates because nothing interesting ever happens despite being such a well designed anime, Nichijou "2nd season" is good, BRS is completely different from OVA, worth watching, dropped Mirai Nikki but I should pick it up again, Nisemonogatari is fanservice at its finest, Papakiki is for paedophiles (but still worth watching if you dont have anything else to do), I don't like Symphogear's style, some people might like it, havent watched the last 2 yet, although I am going to watch Another in one shot once its finished airing.

It tries to have a story, but at the end you get more fun out of it by following the antics of a few characters (Segai, Daryl) rather than try to follow the "story".

8. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Now, I do hope it was just a "trick" and there is more fight... lol

Hmmm Gyo....

9. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Kempachi: - I am disapoint!!

10. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

So you haven't watched the last two eps? :laugh:

The two are EXACTLY THE SAME. The only difference being "Symphogears" are in the "real world" while there is an "otherworld" for the fighting in BRS.

You should, the latter half have drastically improved. It's like they're two different shows actually.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Highschool DxD, which is Nisemonogatari + plot. Or you can also say, Guilty Crown + more fanservice + an actual story + more perverted MC = Highschool DxD. Actually the "Guilty Crown" part is simply because some seiyuus are present in both, but there's nothing else from GC to add to it anyway. LOL

11. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    OMGWTF a wild princess appeared! Bentenmaru uses pokeball! Well, that is as much of a storyline as I got >.>

Idk, it feels quite a bit different for me. Probably I am familiar with BRS but not Symphogear. Should catch up with the last few episodes

Going to wait till it finish airing and then watch all in one go.

DxD and Nisemonogatari has different types of fanservice. DxD is "you want boobs? Here have some!" while Nise is "let me show you a few pictures ... aha, is that some disgusting thoughts you are forming in your mind? :troll:" Guilty Crown, well, I don't know how to classify that anime at all. Normally you would classify it as shit, but its so well produced (except for story, directing etc) that you would be tempted to watch it.

12. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:

Guilty crown is train wreck level...

Nisemonogatary is a refined form of animation and fanservice with enough mystery...

DXD is bewbs in yo face, mainstream echi anime...

Mirai niki, is, kill, kill, kill...

Highschool pirates looks great, but i wanted more action and less strategy, something more akin to Otlaw Star with all out space mele brawls...

Just watched Fairy Tail 120, can Fairy tail get even better than this??
    Most epic 10 minutes ever, and then 10 more of the best comedy FT can serve...

13. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    So you did miss the fact that there's quite probably a coup d'etat in their kingdom, or "familial rivalry" among the members of the royal family. The ship that's getting near their own planet is being shot at by other ships of the very same fleet.

Feel quite different? LOL

"High school girls with high school problems, some of the girls 'fight', some deal with their problems in some other way" applies equally to both. As I have said, the only difference would be WHERE they 'fight'. There's the "otherworld" for BRS, there's the "real world" for Symphogear.

DxD is boobs-story-boobs-story-boobs-story-boobs, while Nisemonogatari is story-fanservice-troll-fanservice-troll-fanservice-troll-fanservice...oh wait there's actually a story, here they are all in one go.

14. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    No, I did not miss anything, from the point that the fishy job of "pirating" a luxury cruise ship protected by 3 other ships is probably a cover for some shenanigans to the point that we are going to have a Gundam style shootout (minus the gundams), but that is still preventing me from recommending it. Recommendation might change depending on how good the shootout is :3

Nisemonogatari's style is "lets present the story you guys want in 5 seconds, once the story is out of the way we can start to have fun!" [insert troll dance here]

15. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    for me DxD is boobs and boobs,
    and a whacky ending theme

16. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Is Dragon Ball Z Kai same as DBZ? if not whats the difference, is there actually sense to watch it if you seen all DBZ series?

17. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Its is dbz told in 100 ep fillerless and goreless, with updated image and sound...

If you are fan of dbz and have watched it a while ago or dubbed, give it a try...
    I think it ends around the cell arc...

Jaffakeik says thanks.
  18. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Ok will downoad it.And yes i am big fan of DB series,its actually first japan anime i watched on tv as far as i could remember. cant find anywhere to donwload all 100 eps or they are still airing?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  19. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    It is long over...
    Look on the usual torrent places for anime...

20. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    The thing about watching the "newer" stuff... I work 16h days with the factor I might come home and put another 2-3h of paper work in... So, watching subs is kinda hard.. but if I get dubbed... I'm at work at 3:30am so I have about 3h that no one is there before my first cook gets in... I can't spend that time watching subs, but listening to dubs is fine with my GM.

21. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    So I just finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion... and I don't think my mind has ever been fucked as well as it just was. All was well until the ending. Then I watched the movie - The End of Evangelion - which was supposed to be an alternate ending to the ending in the series, and it turned to be just as much of a mindfuck as the original ending. It's like the creators overdosed on every psychedelic drug known to man, available through licit or illicit means, when they made the ending. I'm left confused, disoriented, and with a bit of a headache.

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    now watch the new movie remakes to fuck with your mind even further.

23. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Nah, the movies are all the goodies without the mind fuck, plus some more...

24. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Hmm I thought in those 100 episodes od DBZ Kai will be Buu aswell but it ends of Cell :( so its not complete DBZ

25. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I intend to. As I said I watched the movie The End of Evangelion, turned out to be a mindfuck of equal measure.

Crunching for Team TPU