1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I would recomend avoiding La storia della Arcana Famiglia, it is plain bad, bad characters, bad voicing, ok animation and not a semblance of a coherent story...

Natsuyuki Rendezvous on the other hand is quite good...

2. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I'm digging sword art online... I need to catch up on fairy tail
    ... I stopped the week bleach ended... once bleach ended... I stopped watching a lot of the new stuff...

3. Capitan Harlock

Capitan Harlock

Thanks Received:
    la storia della arcana famiglia is not bad but not good enough , i follow why is good to look for past times , natsuyuki rendezvous is great one of my favorite of this summer season , i follow all the new anime of this summer season , i dont have come on this thread from the start xd but i guess i wanna try to know other people who enjoy anime and manga xd ,im starting to read neon genesis evangelion 20 minutes ago and i see how the anime have follow the manga ,i follow a town where you live ( Kimi no iru Machi ) and other manga like gamaran , bleach ecc, i have see the guy tells dont follow new anime for the reason of the block of bleach,well if you know , they make the anime go too much faster than the manga and the story now was too close for continue the anime,we have only go wait the manga go much further xd

4. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    In the sense you can say Nisemonogatari has a story :D

Not going to lie, I am watching Horizon only for their antics

5. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Horizon and Nisemonogatari are very different, since in Nisemonogatari he's still one of the main characters even if the story's "changed." With Horizon, there are many disparate attempts at having a "story", each with their own sets of characters. As I said, they tried doing a different take on the Sengoku period, and they failed miserably, everything ends up looking isolated except for when the various factions actually meet. Heck even Sengoku Basara had a better plot, and that's from a game whose plot was "beat everyone".

6. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Idk really, it reads somewhat like the author is trying to describe what is happening from everyone's eyes. I don't really mind stories like that, since that no matter what happens the endgame is that Horizon gets all her feelings back, and depending on outcome lives happily with Toori or dies soon after.

7. Capitan Harlock

Capitan Harlock

Thanks Received:
    nisemonogatari have a story,is based on the 2 systers but how they put ,in the different way of bakemonogatari , depends from the spectator if is ok or not,but have a story ,they make different approach , with new characters , put the sisters at the center ,but the bad thing is the story of araragi and hitagi with very little space in this story,but actually nisemonogatari is for the 2 sisters and the falsity in different ways ( nisemonogatari is story of falsity ), tell is without story is only and bad opinion to see ,is not at the level of bakemonogatari but this kind of anime dont have to make confront with other anime with a very different kind of story , situation and philosophy , i have appreciate nisemonogatari for the difference with bakemonogatari , like the real change of locations , a different view in the various situations,if you see bakemonogatari,for cover the space between the conversations they put road sign and view of the location , nisemonogatari is very different ,not like bakemonogatari but if you look nisemonogatari for see another bakemonogatari , well you make bad for think this xd , i have love nisemonogatari, not much how love bake but for me is good ,a very different approach xd

8. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    In much the same way that no matter what happens that small guy wearing yellow armor is actually the one that will win in Sengoku Basara. As I have said, there's nothing wrong with "dispersed" stories, but in the case of Horizon the only links they have with each other is the points where the various groups actually meet. Besides that, they're actually in isolation.

9. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Yes, a collection of isolated stories in the same universe. Each of them might or might not have an end or beginning, just "introduce character x, what (s)he did, move on to the next character". I cannot argue that they have a coherent story, but it will be wrong to say that there is no story either (like Lucky Star or Nichijou). That does not stop me from liking Horizon.

10. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:

That wall of text is really hard to read. Try sentences and paragraphs if you want people to read it.

11. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    tldr Nisemonogatari has a story. All I can see in Nisemonogatari is PLOT, lots of them, just like Horizon.

12. Capitan Harlock

Capitan Harlock

Thanks Received:
    this thing of wall of text is and excuse for not read my opinion about nisemonogatari, make comparison with horizon is ridicolous , is like make on the same level only why people see the category another and higurashi = brainless people xd

13. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    this is going to come across rude, and for that i apologise.

It's clear English is not your first language, so please take your time to translate your posts properly. your posts are difficult to understand which is why they get misinterpreted, or ignored.

14. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Yes I did read your whole post if you are interested in knowing, and I have summarised it for Mussels. If you don't like my summary please feel free to provide your own :)

15. Capitan Harlock

Capitan Harlock

Thanks Received:
    is a fact of fairness read my opinion , your summary is for your personal purpose , yes english is not my first language but i dont have write in japanese or italian , i write like i speak with my mouth , if people are lazy to read is not my problem .

for me nisemonogatari is very different from bakemonogatari and i have explain my opinion,if you dont accept my motivated opinion in contrast with your without real solid base to prove what you tell about nise, well make your conclusion xd xd

16. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    I can go on and on about how Nise is different from Bake, but that will completely spoil the whole point of a summary, no?

Regardless, it is my personal opinion that Nise does not have a story, or if it does it will not be remembered for it, much like Horizon.

17. Capitan Harlock

Capitan Harlock

Thanks Received:
    ok is your opinion but i wanna know why, i think is better explain why, but if you dont wanna give your motivation ok is your choice xd

18. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    We all have different opinions and everyone is free to expose his own, and we can't discuss personal opinion with personal opinions of our own, because in the end everyone's got his own and we should respect...

Like i hate gundam, it is enough to start a flame war in any anime forum...
    And i never watched it actually, i just dont like the concept or the design...

19. gopal

gopal

Thanks Received:
    Patna, Bihar, India, Asia, Earth, Terron System, M
    i am in
    Favs:Dragon ball z,Dragon ball gt,Dragon ball af (fanmade comics),Avatar The last airbendern Avatar the legend of korra

20. Capitan Harlock

Capitan Harlock

Thanks Received:
    but you have explain your point of view with your motivated opinion.
    him dont tells why and make comparison from 2 anime of different categories and different story, horizon is much more like excel saga , nisemonogatari is another world ,and both of them have a story.
    tells than are the same is a personal opinion ,but tell like is the right on the earth is wrong.

21. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Dj... even if you hate Gundam.. I'll never hate you. :D

22. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Im sure if we try, we can find common lovers...

Im sure you wont hate me either if i dislike naruto despite never watching a single episode, or one piece (at least i tried with one movie)...

23. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Blah... I can see it being fine.. I don't like a few animes... we all can't love them all.. Pokemon! :roll:

24. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Shin-chan God thats horrible!!

25. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    It is... But, damn, I will laugh my a$$ off at it... Then think.. why... why..

I didn't care for... Gunslinger Girls, and Strike Witches.. But, I did watch them both..