1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I lost more anime in a hard drive failure than what scoutingwraith posted. lol

It's a good start for his collection tho.

2. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    That's sad, the manga is pretty good :toast:.

3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i lost two 640GB's full of anime a few months back. devastating, until i realised it was a chance to get 1.2TB of NEW anime i hadnt seen yet :cool:

4. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    hahaha that's about the only way you CAN look at it :)

I have a hard time finding THAT much anime I like :( Most of the stuff I really enjoy is gone after 35shows or so... Really loved Chrono Crusade, AH! My Goddess, Gunslinger Girls... but they would have been kinda hard to keep going with, considering the direction the developers wanted. but then again, I think FMA got really tired after 20-30 shows, too...Oh wel. Isn't there an anime out there that just keeps going, but is always fresh??!!!?!?!

*sigh* too much holiday stress

5. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    By the by, anyone interested in getting an HP-MV5140 1Tb for real cheap ? Like 150 after rebate? Perfect for storing all those anime :)

6. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    For anyone who has questions about Evangelion I knew of an AMV authored several years ago that does a fantastic job at explaining things to the timeless tune of Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qiq3pRAH8Qc

For the rest of you who need quality facts written by the hand that fed you the series, this is the Red Cross Booklet translated into English:

http://www.evaotaku.com/html/rcb.html

7. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    best to backup to optical disk or even tape drive.

8. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi New Member

Thanks Received:
    hellboy

9. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    i saw all hellboy animation films.was pretty good.

10. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I love your post my brother! I love them! :toast:

Hellboy anime is good. I have to give them props for the art style. To me, it's good.

11. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    All right, got an anime for ya. Otogi Zosh... I have gift cards for Circuit City, so I decided to look at the anime and saw it.. What's your thought? seen it, looks good?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  12. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Tape isn't practical in the home, and it would take around 800 single layer DVD's to back up my entire collection of anime, music and movies. Where are those promised 1TB optical or holo discs when you need them? lol.

13. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I wish I had that problem.. lol.. I got everything that I need right now, I'll find it when I want to watch it.. lol

Been watching Pumpkin Scissors.. It's pretty good so far. Just finished the 4th show.. Been dling Darker then Black.. Hope it's good...

14. WC Annihilus New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've watched the first like, 4 eps of Darker Than Black. Certainly looked promising. However, I've heard the ending was a real letdown

15. NeoCrisis

NeoCrisis

Thanks Received:
    Pumpkin scissors was good but you're better off just reading the manga as the anime is only 24 eps and doesnt continue on from there with another season.

If you like japanese historical anime check out Shugiri produced by MADHOUSE super gory and insane animation.

16. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Cos-play pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While surfing on an Asian website, I found these pictures.

Guess what? According to that website, this is a dude.
    YES, D-U-D-E!

He cosplay of some anime character, but I'm not sure which one.

You can check out more pics here:

http://game.gate.vn/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=1003294

There are more links at the end of the post, and with more pics...
    The website server is not locate on US or EU, so, expect it to load abit slow.

17. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    The last picture says it all.. I can see it in the last one... My god man.. why did you do this.. as bad as some other things I've been asked to go to! lol

18. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Just Like Inuyasha

19. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    better than leaving them on a drive where that drive can fail and your SOL

20. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    By the time you're done burning and trying to find a place to store 800 DVDs, you were better off buying a bunch of hard drives to copy the data to, then put in storage.

I'd rather risk the data than burn 800 DVD's, and tape drives suck. Have you ever had the "pleasure" of using tape?

21. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    Blu ray disks will be a big help, once they get cheaper. a 25GB single layer disk can take 24 HD (1.1GB) TV episodes, for example. Thats a whole season of 720P TV shows on one disk. Mmmm. (even more for anime, due to shorter ep lengths)

Who cares if the ending wasnt epic. the show itself was great, and more than worth watching. I dont understand how people can not watch a show for a bad ending, when they could just watch the show and enjoy it up until the moment it turns crap. look at evangelion - worst ending ever. so bad, they had to F*ck it up 3 more times, yet everyone loves the show. the SHOW, not the ending!.

And that, is where LAN's come in. you let people copy your collection, so if your drives die you can simply copy it back next LAN!

22. NeoCrisis

NeoCrisis

Thanks Received:
    Yeah seriously would you want to Burn OVER 300 anime titles. Some series more then 26 eps, if encoded in h264 ea. file avg of 175-300+mb. Then labeling every single disc what show and which eps are on them
    2TB worth of anime would take about 445 single layer DVDs

I dont want to sort through that huge stack I think Ill take the risk of a drive failure and stick to my my 3 hdd

23. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i think i need about 250 DVD's to back my data up. it takes about 12 minutes to burn each DVD, so that'd be... about 2 to 2 1/2 days of doing nothing but burn DVD's. no thanks.

I know someone who burns all of his off, and its not going well. 2 years on, and his disks are starting to corrupt and go bad, despite the fact he's had them locked away in a sealed cabinet. Writable media like CD and DVD were never designed for long term storage - the ink used simply deteriorates over time.

24. NeoCrisis

NeoCrisis

Thanks Received:
    haha after the first ending of Evangelion that was Televised Director Hideaki Anno got so many Death threat letters
    They actually showed some of them flashing on the screen at the beginning on the alternate DVD ending.

25. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    To me, if the art style is good, and the story makes me keep going for 24mins, that's all I care about. Nothing else..

As for backing up your stuff.. Burning a DVD will all ways corrupt due to the way it's was made.. They say there is about 3 year hold on dvd's any more.. Even professional music, has about 10 years before it starts to do it. That's even having them in a vacuum sealed area.. The protection wears off..
    LAN is probably the best. You got other fellow anime heads that won't jib you off anything that you had or want.

If My collection would of gone bye bye, which it has before when i sold it, that stuff happens.. No use crying over spilled milk!