1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Annoying refresh problem.

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Techtu, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Let me start by saying I didn't really know where to post this so if it's in the wrong section I am sorry, also not really sure how to explain my problem other than just to run it through you so here goes...

At least 2 - 3 times a week (sometimes it can be 2 - 3 times an hour) I'd be generally using the net for TPU and checking out who's having babies on Facebook but every time I close the window and reopen it on Facebook for example it would log me out whilst also requiring the 2-step authentication to log me back in, yet I didn't even log out beforehand? Even with TPU I had 9 thread updates, went though each one as one would to close the window after I've done but again I reload the page and it's like I was never there just those few minutes ago?? It was less frequent when I was using Windows 7 but it did still happen.

:banghead:
  2. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Some browsers clear your cookies and don't let them persist from one instance of your browser to another. There may be a way to prevent this from happening but I think it is to keep cookies from building up.
  3. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    I actually thought cookies only got wiped every 20 days... or now I think of it that's browsing history :roll: