1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

antec 1200 w/ corsair h50

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Nailezs, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    ok guys, so today i go to switch my computer inards from my old thermaltake x3 so my new antec 1200 w/ a corsair h50.
    imagine my frustration when i realize that the radiator will not fit w/o taking off one of the rear exhaust fans.
    should i just go ahead and use both of the rear exhasut fans in a pnp config, leaving that 1 gaping "hole", and just depending on the inc air flow for proper ventilation?

2. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    I suggest every H5O user to use a push/pull configuration. That tiny rad needs all the air available.

Nailezs says thanks.
  3. SnoopKatt

SnoopKatt

Thanks Received:
    Can't those use 2 fans? You should be able to attach it to one of the top fans and then put the included fan on the other side.

Nailezs says thanks.
  4. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    the problem is that the 2 exhasut fans are right on top of eachother. it doesnt leave room for the top and bottom of the radiator - nor is there room to mount it sideways. i would have to remove on of the exhaust fans and put it on the other side of the radiator, hecne the resulting push pull config.

im asking if i should go ahead and do that and leave that giant spot where there would be no fan, and just depend on the intake fans to push the air out instead of having that other exhaust fan ppushing it out

5. SnoopKatt

SnoopKatt

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking at both the case and the H50, and if the radiator is just on top of the fan, the little reservoir might block part of the top or bottom fan, but you shouldn't have to remove either. It'll look weird inside, but it should still work.

Nailezs says thanks.
  6. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    i thought of that, but then it would just be a pull config.
    however, i didnt think of that with another fan pushing lol. wow, i feel stupid :banghead:

anyone know where i can find screws long enough to go thru my case, thru the fan, and into the radiator?
    think local hardware store would have them?

btw, u guys rock :toast:

7. SnoopKatt

SnoopKatt

Thanks Received:
    Yeah the whole kit should come with a fan, so you shouldn't need to buy a new one.
    As for the screws, you don't need a giant long one. Just buy small ones and connect them at each point. It'll be a bit awkward to do, but it's manageable.

Nailezs says thanks.
  8. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    im leery about using the corsair fan as the push fan because i dont know how many cfm its rated for - i dont want more pushing than pulling or vice versa.
    do you think that would matter?

9. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Use both the fans from the rear of the antec on the rad, as they match, then replace the bottom fan for the case with the Corsair...problem solved!

Nailezs says thanks.
  10. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    wow, im stupid, you guys rock. :respect:

i guess no breakfast and lots of frustration didnt help my thinking ability either haha