1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec EarthWatts 650W VS XFX 650W XXX Edition VS OCZ Stealth Xstream II 600W

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Dent1, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    Hello, guys, I'm in a bit of a bind, I just sold my current Cooler Master PSU and I'm looking for a replacement PSU. My budget is £70 with delivery, I can not stretch any further guys. I'm in the United Kingdom so it has to be in GBP.

At the moment my specification is for it be whisper quiet and full load, no whining, no hissing, no fan speed ups, I need it 100% silent! My second requirement is that it can cope with two 4850s in crossfire.

At the moment I've reduced it down to a choice of three PSUs. But I'm willing to look into other PSUs if they are within budget or meet my ridged requirements.

OCZ Stealth Xstream II 600W £56.69 - Every single review has been excellent and its the cheapest

XFX 650W XXX Edition - £64.72 - Good reviews, although one review said that it gets noisy at full load.

Antec EarthWatts 650W - £66.46 - Could only find 1 review, although it was positive the review sample is too small to make a decision based on it alone.

OCZ Stealth Xstream II 600W PSU - 3x SATA 2x PCI-E...
    EXDISPLAY XFX 650W XXX Edition Single Rail Modular...
    Antec EarthWatts 650W PSU - 80Plus Certified 12cm ...

2. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I'm in the U.S., so im not sure if you can find a cheap Corsair PSU around those parts. But if you can, maybe consider going that route.

Between those PSU's. i'm not to sure, i mean they are all pretty good budget power supply's. I had an OCZ StealthxStream 600w PSU at one point and it was very solid, it lasted me for about three years until i upgraded. So the StealthxStream II should be just as good.(plus it's the cheapest)

Though i have heard good things about that XFX PSU.

Dent1 says thanks.
  3. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    as far as i know XFX uses the same OEM as Corsair but slightly tweaked designs dont take my word on it tho as that might have changed

Dent1 says thanks.
  4. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    I had a look at the Corsair 650W TX Series but it's slightly over budget @ £72.63. Generally speaking the reviews were top notch, except every review mentioned that its noisy and during full load its noiser than the average PSU. I can't stand noisy components so I'll have to pass on that PSU.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the StealthxStream II, there is literally no bad reviews on it. Surely it should be priced more?

One review said about theStealthxStream II 600W:

I'm almost a click away from pressing the buy button!

5. enaher

enaher New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd go XFX for looks, all 3 units are bronze rated, Antec and XFX are probably of better build quality, than the OCZ unit:toast:

Dent1 says thanks.
  6. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys for the response,

Being realistic I only have £70 in my PayPal account, I need about £10 to pay for a courier for the guy that won my CoolerMaster 460W on Ebay and I've got about £5 worth of Ebay fees. So both XFX and Antec are not options financially. For this reason I have decided on the Stealth Xstream II 600W, the reviews are good and it would probably walk over my current POS CoolerMaster 460W so its a formidable upgrade.