1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec Performance One P180 Midi tower

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Irish_PXzyan, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Irish_PXzyan

Irish_PXzyan

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys.

I do plan on buying a new case after christmas and I have been hearing good things about the Antec Performance One P180 Midi tower. It also looks pretty good and sounds great!

What do you guys think?

http://www.antec.com/usa/productDetails.php?lan=us&id=81800

Would it be worth getting?

2. kyle2020 Guest

Id personally recommend the 300 over the P180, but its personal preference. From past experience though, I used a 300 in a build for a customer and they are absolutely fantastic - awesome cable management, great airflow - not too bad looking either!

3. Irish_PXzyan

Irish_PXzyan

Thanks Received:
    I just checked it out and it appears pretty solid too.
    I also checked the P182 with its shiny look which is much more eye candy for me! Still has the same features I was interested in with the P180.

Only problem is the P182 and P300 are not available at komplett.ie where I buy my goods :(

4. kyle2020 Guest

so how do you intend on getting one?

5. Irish_PXzyan

Irish_PXzyan

Thanks Received:
    I was checking the P180 which is available. The P182 is also available but its black and not stainless steel. It costs an extra 15 euro which ain't so bad.

I can't find one on ebay either but I can buy one from Antec online store can't I??

6. kyle2020 Guest

^ depends on if they'll send it to you :ohwell:

Personally i think that £80+ is a bit excessive for a small case, i mean yes, its nice, but have you looked at Lian Li alternatives / any other brand?

7. Irish_PXzyan

Irish_PXzyan

Thanks Received:
    That's why i came here for advice!
    I know there's probably a better choice out there and I am no expert when it comes down to choosing a new Case.

Maybe it would be better to lay off on the case. I really don't need to waste money on it I suppose.

8. theonetruewill New Member

Thanks Received:
    London - Close your eyes and you'll see me
    The Antec P182 is hardly small. It's not a monolith but it definetely is not small.

9. King Wookie

King Wookie New Member

Thanks Received:
    As I've owned a P180, I would say the only time I'd recommend it was for a quiet computer.
    While the 182 is better for cable management, it still sucks. I've recently moved into a CM 590 case, which is smaller, but feels much bigger inside. The trick is to use quieter fans or a fan controller.

Build quality wise, the Lian-Li are the rolls royce of cases. If you are gaming maybe even an Antec 300, or even a 1200 would be an idea. And I've been fairly impressed with the Cooler Master cases as well.

There is a P183 coming out, which looks to be much better, but haven't seen it in the shops yet.

10. kyle2020 Guest

that what i was trying to get at ;)

I have a CM Cosmos 1000 arriving on monday - i needed to upgrade to a full tower case as this new GFX card is squeezed into this case as it is, plus id like it to have more breathing - also gives me the option of watercooling later on.

2 gorgeous cases from Lian Li that are on the cheaper end of the spectrum:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/145952

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/98528

11. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    I love my p180. Stays plenty cool. Make sure it's the 2nd revision with the cable management holes.

12. Irish_PXzyan

Irish_PXzyan

Thanks Received:
  13. proletariandan New Member

Thanks Received:
    The P183 looks like a full-size version of the Mini-P180 which I have and am thinking about going back to since the Antec Sonata 3 is a piece of junk. It looks better than the standard P180 and has some nice upgraded features, such as a 200mm top exhaust fan.