• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec Readying Mini Skeleton 90

MKmods

Case Mod Guru
System Name Crossflow III
Processor AMD 965 (4.04Ghz)
Motherboard Asus Crosshair III
Cooling Air
Memory 4 gigs Mushkin 7-7-7-20@1T
Video Card(s) single 9800GT
Storage Raptor 150's in Raid0
Display(s) LG Flatron 24"
Case Custom
Audio Device(s) AuzenTech X-Raider W/OP637
Power Supply Custom modded Corsair 750HX
Software Win 7 64/Solaris Utility
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06--21963 so far
i respect you as a modder, but this is one of your less respectable things that you've said lol. Go and buy yourself a 200mm fan and then you'll see how much air they move.
I bought 2 extra of those fans from Antec to do the 900 mod for a friend, they are more of a gimmick than functional.

kind of like the way marketing works.. if an 80mm fan is good than the 120 must be better. Well the 240mm fan must be twice as good.....:shadedshu
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=53899

Last edited:

Kitkat

I bought 2 extra of those fans from Antec to do the 900 mod for a friend, they are more of a gimmick than functional.

kind of like the way marketing works.. if an 80mm fan is good than the 120 must be better. Well the 240mm fan must be twice as good.....:shadedshu
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=53899

low cf dosnt mean less air is moving. High cf dosnt increase system "airflow" either. It dosnt have to be a vacume cleaner to cool the same way.

low cf dosnt mean less air is moving. High cf dosnt increase system "airflow" either. It dosnt have to be a vacume cleaner to cool the same way.

low CFM DOES mean less air is moving... the cubic feet per minute measures how much air is flowing.

Kitkat

low CFM DOES mean less air is moving... the cubic feet per minute measures how much air is flowing.

The fans are bigger its RELATIVE. He's saying his large fans arent doing ANYTHING have u seen the case click on his picks i would be hard pressed to say that even with a LOW cf his fans arent doing anything. And i know what cf is im not a noob thanx. Did u just read my comment and post or did u read the og post?

MKmods

Case Mod Guru
System Name Crossflow III
Processor AMD 965 (4.04Ghz)
Motherboard Asus Crosshair III
Cooling Air
Memory 4 gigs Mushkin 7-7-7-20@1T
Video Card(s) single 9800GT
Storage Raptor 150's in Raid0
Display(s) LG Flatron 24"
Case Custom
Audio Device(s) AuzenTech X-Raider W/OP637
Power Supply Custom modded Corsair 750HX
Software Win 7 64/Solaris Utility
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06--21963 so far
The fans are bigger its RELATIVE. He's saying his large fans arent doing ANYTHING have u seen the case click on his picks i would be hard pressed to say that even with a LOW cf his fans arent doing anything. And i know what cf is im not a noob thanx. Did u just read my comment and post or did u read the og post?

What I actually said was "That big fan barely moved any air.." thats not fans arent doing anything.

The reason case mfgrs are using the big fans is twofold, 1-bigger "looks" better to the average shopper... and 2- Bigger fans spin slower which makes less noise..
Thats all fine and dandy but there is more to consider then those 2 things.

And to your comment you arent a noob,, I tend to think you give yourself more importance than you deserve. Attacking both of us is kind of silly. Obviously TK and I disagree but we are civil about it.

Kitkat

What I actually said was "That big fan barely moved any air.." thats not fans arent doing anything.

The reason case mfgrs are using the big fans is twofold, 1-bigger "looks" better to the average shopper... and 2- Bigger fans spin slower which makes less noise..
Thats all fine and dandy but there is more to consider then those 2 things.

And to your comment you arent a noob,, I tend to think you give yourself more importance than you deserve. Attacking both of us is kind of silly. Obviously TK and I disagree but we are civil about it.

i wasnt attacking anyone the fans arent a gimick they acvt as advertized i have them too lol. As for your case theres only so much u can do till your computer is OUTSIDE. and yours is almost there. The point of those fans is low noise and volume air - Not a gimick. I know that also but thanks for reinforming me. I dont remember being uncivil perhaps u didnt read my comments either lol.