1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec Releases One-of-a-Kind Open-Air Chassis: The LanBoy Air

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    In a completely mesh case like this, you set all fans to intake(which brings in the cool air), and the mesh becomes the exhaust(which lets out the hot air). It does not harm the airflow, and the positive pressure helps minimize the dust as an added benefit.

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That's what I do with my case. I can't use a side panel and the rest of my case is perforated, it works well.. but doesn't look like a tinker toy.

I took a picture of this and made it black and white. I must say, without the colored steel bars it looks much better. I'd like to see a black and a white version and perhaps another take on this design with things looking more "streamlined". In a way this case has some of the exterior asthetics as a HAF 932 and other styles like that. I can see why designs like this are popular, but it just isn't my personal taste.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  3. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Meh, I bypass the issue altogether by using a 3 level tech station and water cooling. lol.

4. cheezburger

cheezburger New Member

Thanks Received:
    one thing i would concern....dust!

5. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Can of air + don't be lazy = problem solved

6. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    we have so much dust here that i have to clean the dust atleast once a month.

7. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    So what? Once a month isn't a lot at all. Not exactly hard to open the side of a case and blow some air around.

8. FilipM

FilipM New Member

Thanks Received:
    I clean the filters from the big stuff every week with the vacum cleaner and open the case up every month or two for major cleaning. WIth that being easy to manage, and as some said with a good use of positive pressure, you can prevent the dust in the case

9. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    possitive pressure.... as long as the computer is on and the fans spinning... Rest of the time i'd swear that electronics attract dust... Add the extra noise sensation.
    It is nice and handy, but no more. No real world benefit from mainly meshed cases, no more. The looks of course and no more. Said.. the .... raven :)

10. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i guess if you really bored with a usual case get this thing. if not, dont bother.

11. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I don't like the yellow, but luckily they make a blue version that looks really slick.

The dust isn't an issue either, that is why they tell you to put all the fans as intake. All the dust gets blown out of the case for you due to the possitive pressure.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  12. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I like how modular it is but it looks frail to me. There's not enough cross members to keep it rigid so it looks like it would turn into a pancake if it were dropped.

Crunching for Team TPU
  13. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    The video review I watched of it said it was actually pretty rigid and solid, the steal tubing is very strong.

With the steal chassis, I would figure this would be more solid than something like an acrylic case, or even some of the all aluminum cases out there.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  14. IamEzio

Thanks Received:
    pain in the A$$ to clean these thing ,my CM690II dust filter are crazy me ,dust dust dust ,these even Worse ,not for me :D