1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec surgery: 900 to P280

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by AlienIsGOD, Apr 28, 2012.

1. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    This thread is going to document my move from an Antec 900 to a P280. Pics will include cabling and before and after pics. Also going to be overclocking my i5 2400 from 3.2 to 3.5 - 3.8ghz.

Also as part of this project I am going to be housing the 900 with new parts (unless i get my Q9450 working again) to build a secondary rig for my wife/daughter. Suggestions on the part will be appreciated. Am not looking to make it better than my rig unless parts or on a good sale, but im aiming for core i3 (the best one availiable) or an i5 of equal or lesser performance. The rest of the parts are up in the air for now as i wont have cash to buy it all at once. May even consider AMD if theres good deals on them too.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  2. Cotton_Cup

Cotton_Cup

Thanks Received:
    this should be an awesome thread, I'm waiting for the update ^_^
  3. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    it won't be that awesome :p

I think i need to grab a USB 3.0 add in card with the internal connector as my mobo doesnt have a header, just 2 ports @ the back. $30 invested so far :D

Pics of my case unboxing today or tomorrow as im leaving to go pick it up from the store :D
  4. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Got the case :D this thing is HUGE!!! its going to look so neat and tidy wiring wise. Ima need to buy some case fans for the front and behind the HDD rack, have 2 already so only need 2 more.
  5. theeldest

theeldest

Thanks Received:
    Oooh. That'll be a pretty good looking setup. I got the P183 just a few months before it's replacement, the P280 was announced.

They look to have fixed everything I didn't quite like.