1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec/Veris Fusion HTPC Enclosure

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
  2. Poisonsnak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just my two cents, I bought this case a few months ago and the VFD / volume knob died on my unit after about 2 weeks and the aluminum front is not grounded. Not grounding it could be a safety issue but my issue was that whenever I touched the aluminum front I would get a shock (static shock like) and the system would reboot. I ran my own ground wire now and the problem is solved, just an FYI for people using this case and getting random restarts, ground the front panel.
  3. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually the front aluminum panel is grounded by a cable which is screwed into the metal casing itself!

I just noticed, as you mentioned it. I will make a picture asap and add it to the review.

EDIT: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Antec/Fusion/images/caseopen.jpg
    see the cable which comes out the whole in the middle of the front part of the case and goes up straight just under the edge? that is the cable I mean. Do you have that in your case?

cheers
    DS
  4. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    too bad this is only mATX ...
  5. spazlon New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am wanting to buy this case from Newegg along with a HIS Radeon HD 4870 1GB.

My concern is that the graphics card will not fit in the case, or will cause an airflow issue. Has anybody had an experience putting a rather large card in this case? If so, what were you temperatures like?

Thanks!

- Ryan
  6. eXo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just got the case yesterday; anything longer than 9.5 inches wont fit in this case, ie everything worth putting in. Tried to throw in a MSi gtx275 but it fell short but a measly inch (not that it mattered, coz the SATA inputs on the mobo are blocking the bottom too lol). After being pleasantly surprised about the exceptional case design, it's annoying to see it ruined by a non-essential hard-drive support panel.

Gonna try ATI but the 48xx's have the power connectors coming out the back, which means it's going to be a very tight fit in there, should be about a 1/5 inch gap leftover at best.

I'll prolly end up pulling out the metal shears and hacking the useless panel to bits :ohwell:
    michael says thanks.