1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec VP350P 350 W

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by crmaris, Sep 27, 2011.

1. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  2. mtosev

mtosev New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great value PSU.
    The only negative thing I can say about Antec is that I still remember a friends Antec PSU exploding with a fireworks display 5 years ago.
  3. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    By TPU standards i disagree with the final score,<8.5 is usually saved for worse products then this one. the way u described it i think it deserve more, like the high 8.Xs
  4. Simon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just read the review and registered on the forum. I am thinking of buying this after i managed to fry my old PSU. What are the values of the Taicon and Ltec capacitors and what voltages are they used for. Would you recommend I replace them with some higher quality Panasonic FMs that i have spare?

I noticed in the image where you show the AS393D voltage comparator there's also a potentiometer labled VR551. What is this for? Also holes to solder in an LED.
  5. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    In general I follow the simple rule that you don't mess with something that works ok. As for the values and voltages of the caps I didn't note them down. Usually +12V filtering caps, the ones that are of most interested, are rated at 16V.

Following also the aforementioned rule I didn't mess with the potentiometer you mention.