1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anti Virus Firewall spyware?....now test it to see if it works.

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Solaris17, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    well i found this lovely site that scans my computer..or rather TRY'S to it tests acces to your computer so do you think your safe? are you brave enough to take it if you arent all you thought u were...?

ok then here is the link...........HERE

wow i sound like i work for them....all you have to do is select a tab from the left and hit scan iv already provided you a link to the first tab.

o and i passed them all their was nothing venerable.

ill try and find a anti virus and spy ware tester too this may prove to be a usefull thread for those that along with computer awsomeness whant to make sure their sys is a fortress.

to test your anti virus try This
    but unfortunetaly you need IE for it to work.(try to find one for both IE and fire fox later)

to test your spy blocker try:
    well i couldnt find any but i found a site that examines spy ware programs and it gave me 2 sites that it used to test them HUGE warning dont click any of the links and after wards scan your system for spy ware if you have the uts and your sure you can block them go for it.
    Here and Here

Test your pop up blocker Here

This Program is a test on all of these i myself like online tests because its not an emulator from inside my computer its actually TRYING to get in so i tend to trust them more however if your willing to give it a shot HERE is the link.

and last but not least a site were you can find a very complete list of free and not free firewalls anti viruses and spy ware removers Here

Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  2. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    scanning in process.....
    hmm imcp is open. anyone know how to fix it?

3. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    hmm i now have the same problem but it passed it eirlier 2 times infact i wounder why it wont now?

4. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    ok here is a screenie its the resualts of my sys by that tester prog.

Attached Files:

5. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Pwnd:
    Error 001

Security Scan and Virus Detection do not work with your operating system. To run Security Scan and Virus Detection, you must be using Windows 98/ME, NT 4.0 Workstation/2000 Pro/XP, or Mac OS 8.1 or higher.

6. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    linux?

7. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are you using the windows firewall? If you are it can be linked to file sharing. Go to control panel, open firewall settings, click the exceptions tab and then click on file and printer sharing, click edit and then untick port 445. I haven't had any negative side effects and it worked for me.

Edit: another good site for firewall testing is Shields Up! at https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

8. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    thnx that fixed mine i use a second firewall but i have the windows one on too.