1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Any Aussies go to GO3 yet....?

Discussion in 'Games' started by mikey8684, Mar 31, 2007.

1. mikey8684

Thanks Received:
    Today I went to the GO3 Expo and I thought it was good .... a bit smaller than I thought it would be but good. Heres the link http://www.go3.com.au for anyone wanting to know what was there.

There were so many Super High End Gaming PCs setup (similar to our very own HeavyH20) which I was happy .... yet very jealous .... about, running some awesome games like Oblivion - Company of Heroes - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - BF2142 - BF2 - HL2 Garry's Mod ... to name a few.

They also had an Altech Computers Booth which had 10 or 12 awesome PCs from NRG (both I think are only australian) running the alpha version of the upcoming unreal 3 engine game FURY ... which even in its early stages looked kick ass ... due out Q4.

Then there was the NVIDIA stall which had 2 of the hottest chicks to probably ever enter a show likes this which I called the SLi girls because combining them 2 together to do 1 "task" wink wink need I say more ... I so wanted to be there SLi Bridge .. lol .. anyway they also had 2 kick ass PCs setup running S.T.A.L.K.E.R. which used the NVIDIA edition of the 830 Stacker.

There was an MA15+ section which was blocked in by black curtains where they were showing videos of upcoming games like Bioshock - MGS4 - Stranglehold - Blacksite Area 51... which was ok but most of them I'd seen on youtube already.

1 weird thing was the Skateboarding area where you could bring your board and skate in the middle of the show ..... Skaties + PC Games = invalid execution .... some of them weren't bad though.

They had Murdoch and ECU universities showing all sorts of gaming and media ... one of the booths had and interesting game created by ECU students where in order to move and fire (oh yeah it was an FPS) you needed to jump on a specially modded exercise bike and pedal ... it was pretty cool the handle bars turned the character around and the pedalling moved you fowards and next to the right grip was a trigger button to fire your weapon.

The 700 people LAN was very empty when I got there but it picked up over the day but unfortunately I didn't enter in to it. They were playing the usual LAN games.

They also had heaps of big named speakers (check the link) but I didn't pay any attention to them. lol.

Anyway I think I've wrote way too much already so I'll leave you with all that.

If any of you Aussies haven't gone I recommend you check it out 2moro.
  2. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Tell em to bring it to Sydney :cry: