1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Any good WW2 RTS games out?

Discussion in 'Games' started by D-rock, Feb 2, 2006.

1. D-rock New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are there any good WW2 RTS games around? I have played Sudden Strike and Sudden Strike 2, loved both of them. My favorite games are Starcraft, Warcraft, and Command & Conquer. I've been playing mostly X-box games so I'm a bit behind on whats out on in the form of RTS games. Thanks.
  2. Dippyskoodlez New Member

Thanks Received:
    Age of empires II. not necessarily a wwII, but a damn good rts at that. c&c ra series and warcraft/starcraft are bout the best ones ive ever found...

as for wwII, your better off looking for FPS. wwii isnt really suited for rts's it seems.
  3. D-rock New Member

Thanks Received:
    I ordered Blitzkrieg: Anthology from Amazon.com. It came in last week and I've been playing it and its pretty good. I think Sudden Strike is a tad better, but both are very close. I also found Soldier: Heroes of WW2 in the bargain bin at EBGames and played through a little bit of it and its very solid as well.
  4. spectre440 New Member

Thanks Received:
    "company of heroes" (or something like that) should be out sometime soon...

but by the look of the screenshots, you're gonna need one heck of a machine to run that at any form of decent settings...
  5. G.T

G.T New Member

Thanks Received:
    D-Day, Desert Rats & Battle of the Bulge all run on the same game engine and are pretty good. I've played the first 2 and I liked them. Less base building but more battle orientated. & it's historically correct in some of the missions and tasks. Worth a look if you ask me. =]