1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Any recommended games for kinect?

Discussion in 'Games' started by kenkickr, Dec 20, 2010.

1. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    My fiancee and I decided to get a Xbox 360 S w/ Kinect for my daughter for Xmas. I'm sure someone on here has played some of the games and was wondering what would you highly recommend.

She is already getting Kinectimals so don't need it.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's also in my plans to get a kinect sometime next year. From adverts I've seen there's Kinect adventures.

I saw this video as well, though I don't know the games they're playing (one is fighting, another is racing, then there's fitness....) I assume the games in the video actually exist and weren't there just for the promo.
  3. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    I was really into getting Uncaged fighter but all the user reviews say it SUCKS!!! We bought the 4Gb package that comes with Adventures and I think my fiancee is getting the EA Active 2 or Sumba.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. yami2ki

yami2ki

Thanks Received:
    Dance Central, Kinect Sports, EA Active are the only ones so far that seem any good.

Next year there's a game coming out for it that lets you act in scene from famous movies and stuff, that looks kinda cool
  5. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    So far we have Kinect Sports, Adventures(came with the system bundle, Dance Central, and Kinectimals(my daughter is addicted!!!).

My fiancee is addicted to Adventures so far and what I've played I enjoyed, rally ball is my favorite. All 3 of us played Dance Central one after another and I couldn't believe I..I said "I", did better than my daughter and fiancee. I scored a 5 star:shadedshu It actually is pretty damn fun.

Sports is by far my favorite but my daughter keeps kicking my ass in boxing:wtf: I try to be all finese about it and she is doing her rabid punching, which kicks my ass. I LOVE the bowling and Track & Field. Tennis took sometime to get used to but all I have to say to my daughter after a boxing match is, "tennis," and she knows its time to even the score:laugh:

So far I have to say I'm very impressed with Kinect. Yes it has it's issues sometimes but even the Remote brothers(Wii and PS3) do too.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    From what I'm reading, people are having more fun modding their Kinects than playing 360 games with them. :laugh: