1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Any software to lock a running program?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by shevanel, Sep 1, 2010.

1. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Does anyone know of an ap or program that will allow me to lock software while in use so that it cannot be closed without a password or similar?

For example, if I have a media player open and running music is there a way or an ap that will allow no one to be able to close it, minimize it or use any other software on the PC?

Thanks for any suggestions...
  2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    you can lock the windows account ( requires password to unlock ) or do you want to be able to use the system still ?.
  3. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes I do.

for instance, I want to have something like foobar maximized full screen and running... and no one can close it or do anything else except use foobar.. any software to make this possible?

I found this http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...-in-full-screen-mode-in-windows-media-player/

It seems perfect for what I need.. was hoping to have it for foobar but I can use WMP... but I don't see the lock option in WMP12.. oh.. it was removed from WMP 12.. how nice..

I found this "matrix screen locker" though, use at your own risk a sI am just now getting ready to try it.

edit: MEh all the matrix locker does is lock your screen lol.. I guess it does what it was meant to do... it doesnt allow any customizations for particular aps to be ran full screen and locked.... bummer.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  4. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok Desktop Lock 7.1 offers almost exactly what i need..

I can set a virtual dekstop.. looks like a desktop but it only shows whatever programs I assign users to see.

I assigned foobar and ran the VD.. foobar opens and foobar is the only program that can be used... a password is required to exit the virtual desktop to return to the normal desktop..

it doesnt prevent users from closing foobar but this is good enough for now.. but its only a trial. Seems awesome though.

I like it, you can customize the wallpaper, set foobar to run on virtual dekstop initilization and more... pretty sweet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only shows whatever program I want, any wallpaper.. why not a FB one?

[​IMG]

In order to quit the virtual desktop a password can be used as an option... nice!

[​IMG]

Once I enter my password I return to the normal desktop! I love it!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010