1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[FS][US] Any Thinkpad fans in here? 2 T60ps with FireGL V5200!

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by R-T-B, May 23, 2009.

1. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    Ok, second try. Included my username this time. Sorry, I haven't posted here much but that's no excuse to not read the rules. My bad. I've done so now.

Original ad as follows;

I have two thinkpads for sale, model T60p. They are in very good condition, minus any defects mentioned below:

The keyboards are a bit "shiny" but otherwise they are pretty much flawless.

They are CPUless at the moment, meaining I can put your choice of CPU in the unit. I have a Core Duo 2.16Ghz, and a Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz.

The motherboards are FireGL V5200 boards with 256MB onboard GDDR3 ram.

They have a CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo drive, and 4GBs Crucial brand name ram (3GB visible due to chipset limitations). They come with a Windows XP COA on the bottom and XP preloaded from an original IBM image on their hard-drive. Oh yeah, the hard-drives are Hitatchi 320GB APS compliant Travelstars. Both have intel ABG cards, bluetooth, fingerprint readers, unlocked secure chip, all that good stuff. They all also have gone through a 48 hour burn in test to ensure reliability. :)

They are both 15" You may chose either a flawless SXGA+ display or a flexview UXGA IPS display with some slight imperfections (a small dark spot and a few scratches, all small and none of them near the center of the screen). The laptops themselves are "like new," can't think of anything to mention beyond emphasizing their excellent condition. I'm looking for about $550 or $650, depending on your CPU choice (Core 2 duo costs more). If you look at the price of pristine T60ps, you'll find that to be fair (esspecially with an XP license). First to buy also gets a free WWAN module, as well as the option to upgrade to vista (I have a spare upgrade license laying around, complete with unused COA). It also has the original IBM service partition.

Look me up on ebay under Bcomputerconsulting if you want a trustworthy name.

They come with AC Adapters and working batteries. First to buy gets choice of a 6-cell or 9-cell!

I'm based in the US, but will ship worldwide provided you pay the additional shipping.

Thanks for looking!

My heatware (though ebay is a better name for me)

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=63621

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    bump.

3. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    Of course the one time I don't have money, something I want I can't have :mad:
    And the "shiny" is due to wear, so I guess they've been used quite a bit?

Wish I could have one :( Free bump though :)

4. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it's due to wear. It's not terribly worn down but on heavily used keys like the spacebar it is noticable. The keyboards have been used quite a bit but the laptops themselves appear to have been babied. I can provide closeups if anyone is curious.

5. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    free bump for the best laptop brand ever

6. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    They're on ebay now, but you can still snag them cheaper here. Grab them while they last!

7. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    Recently found out the SXGA+ display is actually a flewview, if that sweetens the deal any. That basically means incredibly high viewing angles.

Last bump, as well.

8. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    Guess one more bump, as I have some new merchandise (others are still available as well, by the way)

New thinkpad T60p FireGL V5200 for sale with a budget price!

Up for sale today is a 14" thinkpad with equal cosmetic condition to the above. Pictures available upon request. It has a FireGL V5200, Core Duo 2Ghz, original IBM 60GB 7200RPM HD with service partition, and a very good (almost new) 6-cell battery. It's only issue is a small one, one of the antenna wires for the wireless was cut and pretty much unusable. As such, I mounted an internal antenna under the keyboard and it now works great. The display has one malfunctioning pixel, but it's off in a corner of the display and not very noticable. The rest of the display is flawless (XGA display by the way)

It has 4GB's crucial ram and a FireGL just like the others. It's asking price though, is a lot lower. Only $450 shipped within the US! I'll pay shipping to anywhere domestic! (I also ship international but you must pay the extra shipping, please contact me first)

Please note this laptop has no warranty and it's system serial number is not intact, hence the lower price. Works flawlessly though, and I'll personally warrant it for 3 months after purchase.

The Vista and 9-cell battery deal does not apply to this unit, unless you want to pay an additional $25 for either item, respectively (please note I won't sell them seperate from the laptop).

Hope someone finds it interesting!

9. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Two quick questions ...
    1) Do you take trades as part of the deal?
    2) What are the payment options?

10. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately, I need cash so I can't really trade much.

I take paypal, cash, check, money order. Only thing is with check and money order I have to wait for them to clear, and cash I have to wait for it to arrive. But otherwise, those are all good to go.

11. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    Bump

They weren't selling in that price range, and ebay's "Final value fees" would have been rediculess anyhow. So instead, I'm conducting a price slash here.

now, for the 15" SXGA+ Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz model with WWAN, it's $675
    For the 15" UXGA Core Duo 2.16Ghz model it's $575
    The 14" XGA Core Duo 2.0 Ghz is $475

Please let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks!