• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Any way to make realtek audio NOT sound like poo poo?

ZenEffect

LOL, so you like tube sound but would even try to use onboard in the first place:laugh:

if it saves me $400 and or hours of build time then why not? obviously it doesnt however foobar has a tube sound plugin that is almost acceptable... im looking into a few other dsp to stak on.

System Name Old Skool
Processor E6750 @ 3.6 ghz
Motherboard GA P35 DS3L
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283v
Memory 4gb Kingston DDR2 @ 900mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 9800GT 512MB
Storage SAMSUNG 320gb
Display(s) VIEWSONIC vx2260wm
Case HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Realtek (on board) + Logitech x540
Power Supply CM 550w
Software W7 Ultimate 64
if it saves me $400 and or hours of build time then why not? obviously it doesnt however foobar has a tube sound plugin that is almost acceptable... im looking into a few other dsp to stak on.

I guess its for listening to music? If so, if you use winamp like I do, try dfx, it does a decent job of enhancing the output. You can also configure several profiles, especially for headphones.

ZenEffect

I guess its for listening to music? If so, if you use winamp like I do, try dfx, it does a decent job of enhancing the output. You can also configure several profiles, especially for headphones.

i tried dfx, its pretty good. the only thing im battling for right now is a wider sound stage. i like foobar's configurability and dsp plugins.

yes, the headphones are for music only.

right now my benchmark audio is the 24/96khz flac of NIN the Slip. there are lots of nunances in the audio that with proper tweaking can sound amazing. :D

another good benchmark for audio is Gorillaz - Dirty Harry. i should be able to count the voices in the kids chorus.