1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Any way to play games on PS4 with a mouse and a keyboard?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by bobeskomaill, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobeskomaill New Member

Thanks Received:

2. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
  3. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    why would you want to do a thing like that?

4. bobeskomaill New Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
  5. arskatb

arskatb

Thanks Received:
    You can use it in games aswell.
    Im pc games aswell but there is some games whoam are much funnier, better and easyer play with Dualshock

6. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Well,

It sucks to be you then because from what i gather when doing a brief search of the interwebs is that the new killzone doesnt have K&M support. Infamous is probably the same.

7. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    System navigation only. You can't play games on a console with KB+M unless they're crazy arcade style from PSN or XBLA that support it.

Consoles are controller only
    PC's take both.

If a game is PS/XB exclusive, be prepared to be limited to controller, or get an emulator

XSI, Misaki and THE_EGG say thanks.
  8. n0tiert

n0tiert

Thanks Received:
    THE_EGG and FreedomEclipse say thanks.
  9. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:

Its a lot of effort to get it working, since the OP CBA to play games using a controller I doubt he would have the motivation, drive or patience anywhere near enough to get something like this to work.

But i gave you thanks because it made for an interesting read.

10. arskatb

arskatb

Thanks Received:
    Well make it easy and buy this

11. kilrain New Member

Thanks Received:
    You do realize that you just explained the exact reason why most people have a drive to do something? Why would anyone ever create something (the dude in the video) to use a mouse and keyboard on a console if they were willing to learn to use a controller?

FreedomEclipse, YOU sir will never create something new or come up with a new idea or be inventive, because you're too willing to just do.

12. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I used to make my own fishing hangers, springers & other bite indicators when my original ones broke and I didnt want to fork out £20 each for new ones. I made some out of plastic clothes pegs & pen lids by drilling a small hole through the bottom of them and securing them with a small ball-chain with a little high gauge wire use to attach to my line when the whole thing was set up - the wire was bent in such a way that it didnt completely hook the fishing line but merely pinched it at the correct tension thus falling away when i lifted the rod to strike and hooked into a fish.

Additionally I was able to use a little splitshot and add a little weight to my hangers to keep the tension in windy conditions.

It was fun. I enjoyed making them and they worked a treat.

But then again. You dont know me and i dont need to explain myself to you, at least not my sense of creativity.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    XSI says thanks.
  13. kilrain New Member

Thanks Received:
    And yet you're here talking that trash to a complete stranger. Amazing.

14. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Kind of ironic coming from somebody who says i 'will never create something new or come up with a new idea or be inventive' is it not? You judged me based on a single post i made.

THE_EGG says thanks.
  15. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Damn, I'm tempted to get one myself. There is also the FragFX which is supposed to be a little better but at the cost of poorer build quality.
    User reviews say it is pretty good. A few bugs here and there but I guess that is to be expected when the games weren't designed for the product's use.

Seems to be between $80-$120 depending on the shop (both fragFX and Aimon Elite).

16. kilrain New Member

Thanks Received:
    xim4 looks very promising. No clue when it will be available though.

17. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    subbed

18. Misaki

Misaki

Thanks Received:
  19. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Funny that you can't read forum rules and edit your post in order to not double post and untidy threads. You joined, you attacked a member whilst simultaneously necro'ing a thread that has long since been abandoned, and are not providing anything to this community (positively) in doing so.

You have been reported.

Enjoy your stay.

20. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    There were a LOT of KB/M adapters that came out for PS3 and 360, both retail and makeshift, the latter often being offered in kits. Some even had fairly decent AD conversion and other features like mouse sensitivity adjust. Some were very low latency as well.

The problem that still exists is they only work well for games that work good with and support KB/M to begin with, like CoD and Halo. So it all comes down to how the control scheme of the game is coded anyway, and that's the huge uphill battle regarding trying to make KB/M work adequately with consoles.

So there will likely be less such adapters for PS4, because those that came out for the PS3 and 360 were pretty much an unsuccessful experiment.

That said, I feel your pain. Everything about the PS4 is good except for having to use a damn gamepad, and it has one of the worst pads in the industry. It's slightly better than the previous pad, but it's shape still wants to try and slip out of your hands.

It's bad enough Sony and MS still cling to the tired old quad diamond button layout controlled by the same thumb that has the annoying task of aiming with an analog stick, but Sony can't even manage to shape the wings with good comfort and grip.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  21. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Personally I feel that the PS4 controller is a HUGE improvement over the PS3 one and it doesn't really feel like a toy anymore. If I'm honest, the PS3 controller looks like they were about to release it and realised that they need triggers so put them on the controller without thinking about ergonomics. I also found the PS3 controller quite small in size.

22. Sliph New Member

Thanks Received:
    Get a xim4 problem solved. Works with everything even the newly released Destiny.

http://xim4.com/

23. SaltyFish

SaltyFish

Thanks Received:
    So many people creating new accounts just to necro this thread... is there something particularly attractive about this one?

24. noonsareus New Member

Thanks Received:
  25. dssfsdjkh New Member

Thanks Received:
    I stumbled in on this thread from google and made an account on this site just to say that you FreedomEclipse are a mean poopyhead.

The guy was asking a question and you were the one who was being disrespectful in the first place, and then your buddy comes along and doesn't call you out on it but backs you up, because you both have big post counts. You don't have to be a poopyhead just because someone has a different preference to you, so what if he really wants to use a mouse and keyboard? It actually is much better for fps games than a dual shock controller, everyone knows that. Then you make some snarky comment about how that guy doesn't have any drive or determination, when you don't even know him, and then you have the the audacity to actually accuse someone else of making judgements on you. (who was actually completely in the right about what you are saying)

And then your mod buddy backs you up on it? Jeez, forums like these are the worst

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014