1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Any1 have an ECS A770M-A with this problem?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Lost Hatter, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Lost Hatter

Lost Hatter

Thanks Received:
    I take it its just a sensor error. The MoBo not reading correctly. Because i dont believe the computer would run with these voltages.

-Note- the CPU voltage is correct. Thats its minium in the BIOS.

What do you guys think? sensor error or actual failure? i just installed a 600 watt OCZ PSU in it. up from a 380. No difference in voltage between any power supply's. i tried an old 400 i had kicking around also. Its read like that since day 1. This is my old PC, now my girlfriends.

ECS A770M-A
    AM2+ Phenom II x3 715-2.8Ghz stock (Heka {Reduced core Deneb})
    4 Gigs DDR2 Corsair XMS2-400mhz stock
    ATI HD 6770-stock clocks
    600watt OCZ
    W7 x64

All drivers Up to date.

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Bambooz

Bambooz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Never trust software readings for the PSU voltages. Especially not on ultracheapo boards like ECS Elitegroup a.k.a. PCChips (someone reading this might remember their fake cache boards..)

Stick a multimeter into a molex plug or the ATX plug if you want to know what's really going on. If you don't have one and the system is stable, just don't worry about it.

Also, the 380W PSU would be more than enough for a system like that (as long as it's a good one).
    The usual stuff with the ridiculously oversized PSUs ;)

3. Lost Hatter

Lost Hatter

Thanks Received:
    Well i read the 5770/6770 can pull up to 250 watts at full load. With the CPU at 95-100 watts + a possible 250 thats 350watts give or take a few. 380 just didnt cut it in my book. The 600watt OCZ was cheap too. i paid 49$ after rebate. cant go wrong :)

But on the other note. Thanks. I figured the readings were just wrong. I was hoping to find another person with that board to confirm my findings. i think i paid 60$ for that MoBo like 4-5 years ago. good deal i guess.

Thank you again

I think im going to buy this for her anyway (ASRock A770DE+ AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Mother...) just for slightly new tech thats not been beaten on and covered in cigg smoke. lol things grouse. im scared to wash it.

Its tough on a budget. id like to get her a AM3 Phenom for the ddr3 but between ddr2 and ddr3 with an AMD there isint much bandwith increase. AMD's IMC suxx ballz

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  4. Bambooz

Bambooz New Member

Thanks Received:
    250W sounds pretty ridiculous for a card that's rated at 108W max. :D
    I bet that 250W figure comes from one of those "reviews" where they measure the power consumption of the whole system, which doesn't really mean anything..

5. Lost Hatter

Lost Hatter

Thanks Received:
    Yes i believe i did. Still that 380 watt Logisys was crap. thing got hot as hell. id rather be safe then sorry my brotha from anotha motha. LOL :D naaa mean?

The only nice thing about it was the purple paint job its got. looks shnazzy

6. Lost Hatter

Lost Hatter

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully i dont speak too soon but... its holding steady. with the 380 the system would randomly lock up. under load. Ive been running 3dmark 11 non stop for an hour. goin strong :D