1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

any1 know wats the max i can get from a arctic cooler 4 ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by x800xtpe, Sep 17, 2005.

1. x800xtpe New Member

Thanks Received:
    well as u know i want to buy a cooler but hoping it can drop my temps down at lil :) . the temps on myu x800xt pe are bout 80 full load and dont like the looks of that. so i was just wondering wat wud a ati silencer 4 do for me? my max overclocks on my stok cooler now are 560/615 stable . will i be able to push the core and mem any further??????? will this cooler give any suport for light volt moding?????// :rolleyes:
  2. Spinal C New Member

Thanks Received:
    you'll probably be able to push further, on my 6800gt my temps were 58idle on stock when i got my silencer it went to 46idle so over a 10degree drop. im sure your results will be the same or close to it.
  3. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    Well a new cooler will help with overclocking and should make the card run more stable. The cooler the better basically. You can never say how much it will help with a overclock, but with temps, it should help quite a bit. I always say if you hit over 75, you should invest in a new cooler. Ya the card is probably fine at the temps, but it can cause the card to error or crash due to heat.

-Dan
  4. x800xtpe New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol thats very true after i game for a while temps hit 70-80MAx . but in the ati tool runing the cube makes it very hot max temp i seen is 84 . i also adjusted the fan speed to run at 100% and try to keep it at 36 degrees idling . that work i can tell u that also i have a 80mm case fan blowing air onto the fan it self which also helps . i was realy confused about which cooler to get . i waas thinking either Arctic cooler silencer rev2 4 or the zalman alcu cooler with led's but that doesnt have memory cooling but has heat sinks. i realy wana get some more over clocking outa this card but dont want to go into water cooling just yet. :rolleyes:
  5. AceFactor New Member

Thanks Received:
    Get the AC. .it vents the air outta your case, if you get the Zalman you gotta get the Vantec Spectrum Fan/Card to vent the hot air :)

-Adam