1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anybody playing Path of Exile?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mindweaver, May 13, 2012.

1. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Ya but how do I get off normal mode? Or is this one of those, beat the whole game first and then u can actually play at the difficulty you want, pos games?

2. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's an isometric action RPG. Every single one of those is, "beat normal, then hard, then mega hard". It's the baseline recipe for this genre.

3. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Which is shit imo

4. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I guess, but how else are you going to level up and get good gear to take on the hard modes?

z1tu says thanks.
  5. z1tu

z1tu

Thanks Received:
    The whole purpose of the skill tree and items you get is to prepare you for the higher difficulties, without it the game wouldn't make sense and would probably be too hard for most people to bother. If you've ever liked Diablo games then you'll know this. The part that still makes me not want to start this game is the huge skill tree...I know, I'm special like that :slap:

6. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I'd just rather a game get harder. I don't like redoing the same storyline over and over

7. z1tu

z1tu

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I understand what you're saying but, to my limited knowledge, there is no such game that's based on the Diablo style, the games that you're describing are best compared with The Elder Scrolls series and such.

8. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    What's nice is that there are enough differences between the difficulty modes to make them interesting. Along with nerfing all of your resistances (to the tune of -30% and -75%), there are also substantially more blue (magical) and yellow (unique) monsters in the higher difficulties. Also, in higher difficulties, the optional zones are much harder compared to their required adjascent areas (2-3 and 6-7 levels higher) so you end up doing them in a different order and having to pick and choose carefully what you will do.

You also don't start using currency until merciless (hopefully) and that's changes the game entirely, not to mention maps after that.

It's a game that requires a decent amount of time to become challenging and really show its true potential, but I think you'll find that if you keep playing, you'll be surprised at how unique this game is.

9. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    "I hate games like Diablo" - said no ARPG fan, ever.

At least they dont make you sit through 60 hours of gameplay to finish the story. Opens up the game to non-hardcore min-max spergs.
    Obviously the game isnt for everyone, but if you are a fan of Diablo 2, you should feel right at home.

10. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:

I hear that - or rather I want to choose to play it again because it was good - not because it was the only way...

11. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Picked it back up again after several weeks off, and pushing my poor ranger up some more. They reset all trees- well, I suppose not talent "trees" per se, more of a talent "forest"- so going into my toons and trying to figure out where the hell I was headed, and if it's even there any more was interesting.. I did like seeing some new drops, moonstone rings and what not... enjoying it again :)

5 Million points folded for TPU
  12. flmatter

flmatter

Thanks Received:
    It is a fun game that I have been tinkering with. I like the skills tree. No way hardcore but Just in my rotation of games, PoE, Neverwinter(the new one), D3, BF3, World of Tanks(tried warplanes just don't like it), Bad Company 2, quild wars was there but have not reinstalled.

More than 25k PPD