1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyone Else a Rigged...uhh, Rig Builder? Also HW Share

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by xLDKx NewYorker, Aug 30, 2014.

1. xLDKx NewYorker

xLDKx NewYorker

Thanks Received:
    I posted 2 of these in another thread, but i thought I'd start a new one... If it's an over done thread, then by all means mods please delete it.
    Post pics of your rig if so, and the games you play.
    Unfortunately most of my stuff was lost last year in a fire, so my current builds are "ghetto"
    Specs
    550MHz Piii
    GF2 Pro w/superglued ATI Fan 64mB
    512mB SDRAM
    40gB
    SB Live
    Yes, I am a McFaggot Pants when it comes to games, gotta be era specific or original hardware... Emu's suck and an i7 Quad has no place running morrowind
    Computer2.png Computer3.png
    Then here is some of my other stuff

Attached Files:

xBruce88x says thanks.
  2. xLDKx NewYorker

xLDKx NewYorker

Thanks Received:
    Not in order
    White Dell Piii 1Ghz - ATI 9250 256mB - 512mB
    Black Newer Dell 3.8GHz P4HT ES- No GPU - 2gB DDR
    Dell GX1 700MHz Celeron - 128mB SDRAM - iGPU
    Zenith Cyrix 486 - 8mB EDO - 4mB VGA - Locked BIOS haven't worked on it
    Dell Laptop P4 1GHz - 32mB GF2 - 512mB - MicroXP - 20gB
    Gateway is the specs above in the 1st post
    Misc GPU's Matrox G400 - Riva TnT - FX5200
    Pics from roadside s3 and the TV is also roadside

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    xBruce88x says thanks.
  3. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    i've got a similar gateway case still but i doubt it still has its hardware in it. if i remember it still has its 450mhz pIII and a 128mb stick of pc100 ram. no drives or anything else... some other random parts.

[​IMG]

i also came across this...

[​IMG]

I might try to resurrect the older rig, the 2nd pic, since its the more complete one. can't remember how much ram is in it... haven't booted it up in a while. i know it has 4 sticks of it though, the really old stuff... pre pc100, etc. Im guessing between 32-64mb total. It has a Pentium 233 MMX i know that much. I think all it needs to get running is a video card... maybe a bootable floppy, dunno if its bios supports cd-rom booting or not.

edit: I kinda wish i still had that old dell system. I've got a nice s370 celeron 1400mhz cpu that'll run in it, provided i can get a cooling fan to fit it, it has the metal lid like the early P4s did. It has the same amount of cache as a then standard P3. I think it was a model for servers, this model had double the cache of most celerons, and the p3 version had double the cache of other P3s

xLDKx NewYorker says thanks.
    More than 25k PPD
  4. xLDKx NewYorker

xLDKx NewYorker

Thanks Received:
    The days *when 87 different types of RAM existed

xBruce88x says thanks.
  5. xLDKx NewYorker

xLDKx NewYorker

Thanks Received:
    Also I just use a "modern" pc to install windows then a USB-IDE to transfer all the drivers/games etc

xBruce88x says thanks.
  6. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    i think i just found the video card for it... a nice little ATI Rage 128. comes with a TV tuner too :) Oh and i have that transfer cable too. I don't think i'll start on it tonight though. 40GB should be enough i hope lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oh and that little amd cpu i mentioned a little earlier, too bad i have nothing to put it in. It ran everything from dos and win3.11 to win98se. Even managed to play some more basic .avi files and games like Diablo, Starcraft, and a few others.

More than 25k PPD
  7. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    I just did a big rebuild/build over the past few days. Assembled my second 3930k system, moved parts from my first 3930k system to the second one, and replaced a i5 2400/Z68 combo with the second 3930k combo. So now I have two 3930k systems and a i5 2400/MB combo I'm donating as a prize to the WCG teams weekend challenge. Really should have taken pictures, I had very expensive parts all over the dining room and living room. I do have these-

first 3930k system, outside of case (I was having some issues getting it to boot, apparently I had a stick of RAM die)-

[​IMG]

Second 3930k system up and running

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    nice builds... quite a bit of dust though lol

More than 25k PPD
  9. xLDKx NewYorker

xLDKx NewYorker

Thanks Received:
    You need to show me that ATI Rage out back near this cool ass tree stump, come ya gotta see it... Actually I gotta go grab something, but I'll meet you there...

10. xLDKx NewYorker

xLDKx NewYorker

Thanks Received:
    Love how I haven't payed for one of these rigs or any attachments, err I payed full price for *any softwarez though...

11. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    many of my parts are left over from high school. i worked on a lot of the computers in the tech labs there and managed to get a few extra parts, some are also from working at the dealership in town (car dealership). the rest are from flea market systems i've collected over time, and some personal systems lol. of course i've done a lot of house calls too lol

More than 25k PPD